Just installed WR Long 3rd function

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #11  
I bought the WR Long root grapple from my local dealer and had them do the installation. I am not the best mechanic. I paid 2900.00 for the grapple installed. Probably not the cheapest way to go but it works great.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function
Thanks guys for the good comments. I am going to order the WR Long bolt on grapple this week. It looks to me that it is one of the best on the market for the money. Built very well and I can remove it if I need.
So...after the valve install, I used my tractor and noticed the right front tire was hitting the bracket that the WR Long valve mounts to. So, I scratched my head for a minute, tried to relocate it, but that failed. I ended up cutting an 1 1/2 off the bottom of the bracket. I then, very reluctantly, welded the bracket to my new tractor. I think it came out well. Painted it orange to blend in more and added another bracket at the top to strengthen things up.
I sent WR Long an email about this, as I am sure they would want to correct it. They are a great company.
I think the problem is that the LA504 also comes on the B3200 and that tractor has smaller tires that probably would not hit. Just my observation.

Attachments

• WR Long kit install 005.jpg
    WR Long kit install 005.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 470
  • WR Long kit install 008.jpg
    WR Long kit install 008.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 449
  • WR Long kit install 011.jpg
    WR Long kit install 011.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 819
   / Just installed WR Long 3rd function #13  
I did get your e-mail and I'm going to redesign the bracket. You are correct. At the time this valve kit was designed there was no interference. I run into these issues from time to time. For some reason Kubota, John Deere, Kioti, and the other Tractor Manufacturers do not call me when they make changes to their tractors and loaders. Thanks for the comments. If I don't know about these types of issues I can not fix them.

I appreciate your business and comments.

Nelson

Thanks guys for the good comments. I am going to order the WR Long bolt on grapple this week. It looks to me that it is one of the best on the market for the money. Built very well and I can remove it if I need.
So...after the valve install, I used my tractor and noticed the right front tire was hitting the bracket that the WR Long valve mounts to. So, I scratched my head for a minute, tried to relocate it, but that failed. I ended up cutting an 1 1/2 off the bottom of the bracket. I then, very reluctantly, welded the bracket to my new tractor. I think it came out well. Painted it orange to blend in more and added another bracket at the top to strengthen things up.
I sent WR Long an email about this, as I am sure they would want to correct it. They are a great company.
I think the problem is that the LA504 also comes on the B3200 and that tractor has smaller tires that probably would not hit. Just my observation.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #14  
Don't mean to high jack the thread but have similar questions.
nvlong4n1, I was thinking of adding your elec/hyd 3rd function to my loader valve. Here's my quandary; The loader's power beyond port is now feeding my backhoe. I would also like to add a second remote to the back. Is there a block that can be installed at your T port to split for 2nd remotes?
If I could wander off your topic for a minute I sure could use some design help.Though a novice, I'm starting to grasp hydraulics.
The plan 'B' I was thinking of is two fold; taking the existing remote and simply use as my second. Then, install a pump and tank for the BH. I'm also building a boom mower that will use the BH arm. I've been told the hyd motor I need to run the mower would require the 20 or so gpm the pump puts out, rather than the bleak 6.9 gpm the 30 hp tractor gives.
Ninety percent of the time the pump would vastly improve the BH power, as it is very whimpy now. When the mower is installed on the BH I would simply swap the feeds. If the pump is a huge improvement, than it is worth the money.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #15  
I do not have any real experience with hydraulic pumps so I need to beg off that questions

You need to determine if your tractor is open center or closed center. If you tell me your loader and tractor number I can most likely tell you if it is open or close center. If you are to put a "Tee" in your open center system it will not work because the fluid will always go to the point of least resistance. With our valve kit you simply have the fluid come out of your power beyond port into my "P" port and then out my "T" port into your backhoe. Make sure you always put my valve 1st after your power beyond port. Our valve is designed to handle the back pressure from your hydraulic system and most backhoe valve are not.

Hope this is helpful.

Nelson

Don't mean to high jack the thread but have similar questions.
nvlong4n1, I was thinking of adding your elec/hyd 3rd function to my loader valve. Here's my quandary; The loader's power beyond port is now feeding my backhoe. I would also like to add a second remote to the back. Is there a block that can be installed at your T port to split for 2nd remotes?
If I could wander off your topic for a minute I sure could use some design help.Though a novice, I'm starting to grasp hydraulics.
The plan 'B' I was thinking of is two fold; taking the existing remote and simply use as my second. Then, install a pump and tank for the BH. I'm also building a boom mower that will use the BH arm. I've been told the hyd motor I need to run the mower would require the 20 or so gpm the pump puts out, rather than the bleak 6.9 gpm the 30 hp tractor gives.
Ninety percent of the time the pump would vastly improve the BH power, as it is very whimpy now. When the mower is installed on the BH I would simply swap the feeds. If the pump is a huge improvement, than it is worth the money.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #16  
Thanks much Nelson. My tractor is Kubota L3000DT and the loader is Kubota LA452S and FYI the BH is woods 7500

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #18  
Could someone please shed some light on marble head. :ashamed:
I've read every thing I could find on remotes and picked up on a lot of the abbreviations. What the heck is "TnT"

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #19  
I have a W R Long grapple and remote kit on my MX4700HST. I got the 56 inch grapple and have had a ball taking down trees and carrying them to the burn pile. My only complaint is the hydraulic lines are not shielded up front. I'm thinking of adding a toothed "V" to the middle of the lower jaw of the grapple to bite into the tree. I think you could lift/push trees over easier if there were some bite to the front of the grapple.

mkane09

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #20  
Could someone please shed some light on marble head. :ashamed:
I've read every thing I could find on remotes and picked up on a lot of the abbreviations. What the heck is "TnT"

Top and Tilt. Having hydraulic cylinders in place of the manually adjusted top and side links on the 3PH (three point hitch).