Just installed WR Long 3rd function

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #21  
I installed the WR Long Valve last fall to control the angle on of my FEL mounted snow plow. Kit included almost everything I needed and took me about an hour to install. The only thing that was not supplied was the side by side splice terminal that I used to power it. It would be nice if Long would include this 15 cent terminal in the kit. Not because I can't afford the 15 cents, just that I was lucky enough to have 1 in my shop and didn't have to drive the 12 miles to the store to get 1.
Note to WR Long if your reading this: Include the terminal and charge for it. Your customers that don't live in town will love you for it.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #22  
Thanks so much. I would have never got that one!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #23  
Just received my WR Long 3rd function and the LA524 FEL for my L3700. I was going to take the box of goodies to the dealer and have them watch the video from Everything Attachments.com for how to install it.

Does anyone have a resource for detailed written or visual instructions for the installation? I see what comes with the valve but not being a hydraulic girl it looks like one could make a few mistakes. I would prefer the dealership have everything they need since this will be their first application and I would rather not pay the learning curve price of labor for them to experiment on my new baby.

It may be wise to print out several of your posts to take to them too. Arm them with the wisdom of many and empower them to succeed.

Thanks!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #24  
Just received my WR Long 3rd function and the LA524 FEL for my L3700. I was going to take the box of goodies to the dealer and have them watch the video from Everything Attachments.com for how to install it.

Does anyone have a resource for detailed written or visual instructions for the installation? I see what comes with the valve but not being a hydraulic girl it looks like one could make a few mistakes. I would prefer the dealership have everything they need since this will be their first application and I would rather not pay the learning curve price of labor for them to experiment on my new baby.

It may be wise to print out several of your posts to take to them too. Arm them with the wisdom of many and empower them to succeed.

Thanks!
Nature Girl,

Here's my experience. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/192572-w-r-long-kit-plus.html

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #25  
Fabulous, this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you, thank you!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #26  
Nature Girl, I have yet to pull the trigger on my 3rd function. My thought is, why has this dealer never installed the simplest of kits??? Does not instill much confidence! Just my 2 cents.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function

Thanks!

Nature Girl,

This kit is very simple to install. I would not hesitate to say that your dealer will be able to install your kit per the instructions included from WR Long. A beginner with minimal hydraulic knowledge should be more than capable.
The only thing I would ask your dealer to do, is use heat shrink connectors when wiring up the solenoid. They protect wiring connections from the elements. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #28  
Note to WR Long if your reading this: Include the terminal and charge for it. Your customers that don't live in town will love you for it.

Those quick splice connectors have no use in a tractor enviroment, they loosen and become unreliable, splice, solder and heat shrink. Have seen equipment trailer light harnesses made up with them and they are a nightmare to fix.

David Kb7uns

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #29  
   / Just installed WR Long 3rd function #30  
Those quick splice connectors have no use in a tractor enviroment, they loosen and become unreliable, splice, solder and heat shrink. Have seen equipment trailer light harnesses made up with them and they are a nightmare to fix.

David Kb7uns

I soldered & used heat shrink on all solenoid connections. The only place I used a terminal is on the hot wire that goes to the fuse box. In my experience side by side are very secure when used in the confines of the fuse box. As I remember, the installation video from Construction Attachments uses the same thing.
To anyone that is about to install a third function valve, watch the video from Construction Attachments. Very informative and the install is almost identical to the Long valve. Especially if it's on a Kubota like they use in the video.