Just installed WR Long 3rd function

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #31  
My dealership called in a state of confusion over what was supposed to be in the box with the WR Long 3rd function valve. I had shown them the video on line and included the instructions that came in the box as well as a printed version of the detailed description as written by jcliburn here on TBN (hope there is no plagiarism ha).

Hurray for Ted at Everything Attachments.com. I called them to ask for some assistance and the famous Ted offered to call the dealership direct so he could tell them how it was done! I was so completely impressed and was grateful to be dealing with a company that really does care about their customers. Three cheers for (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure). Besides I have watched so many of Ted痴 videos I feel like having him over to my next BBQ, and I have his draw down pat.

I am just getting back on line and see there are some additional instructions that I will call them with to see if they can make the adjustments. They deliver my tractor tomorrow with the new 524 FEL with quick release bucket and (hopefully installed correctly) 3rd function value so I can set up my grapple and get to work.

They said it took 3 hours and I informed them that all the smart guys here did it in less time. They usually install the Kubota version of the 3rd function but is was going to put the grapple opening lever in the rear and that was not okay with me.

Wish me luck!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #32  
I am worried that I am too late to....SPLICE, SOLDER AND HEAT SHRINK....hope the dealership can make the necessary adjustments in the morning. My grapple came with skidsteer connectors so they are going to bring some tractor type connections. Wish you guys lived down the street! Thanks for all of your expertise it sure makes me feel a little more intelligent when I am talking about something I know nothing about...

Back to nature in Missouri.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #33  
My grapple came with skidsteer connectors

Apparently a very common practice, unless you specify otherwise to the grapple seller.

Out of curiosity, what brand and model grapple did you purchase? (Maybe you wrote that somewhere earlier and I missed it...)

Jay

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #34  
Depending upon your grapple's hose size and configuration, you may also need an adapter for your new quick disconnects that the dealer is bringing. Mine required a 3/8" JIC male to 3/8" NPT male elbow adapter for each quick disconnect. I bought them from a local hydraulic supply shop. Yours may need something different. Guess you'll find out tomorrow. :)

Good luck!

Jay

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #35  
Hurray for Ted at Everything Attachments.com.

I bought my 3rd function valve from Ted. I didn't have a reason to ask for extra services, but I was very happy with my purchase and treatment there, and felt confident that if I needed anything more from them, they would have been happy to help me out. Also, there prices are very competitive.
When I get bad service I say so, so in turn, when I get good service I say so.
Kudos to Ted!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #36  
I've been told that the valve mounting bracket for the LA504 interferes with the right front tire on some loaders. I visited a Kubota dealer this morning to design a new bracket. I'm planning on using the 2 bolt holes that are located on a plate welded to the 4" round loader support tube. I'm assuming that these two holes are used to mount a support frame for the backhoe. I'm wondering if you could take a photo of this location so I can see how it looks. Also could you tell me how thick the material is. The did not have the backhoe attached on this tractor. Also, one more thing. Can you tell me how long the bolts are.

Thanks for your help.

Nelson Long
W. R. Long Inc.

I just finished installing my 3rd function kit from wr long last night on my B3300. I shopped around and found Iowa Farm Equip. to be the cheapest place to order from. It showed up in 2 days.
I must say, I am very pleased with the overall function of the kit. It comes complete with everything you need, if you do not have a backhoe. Because I have a backhoe, I had to add in my hydraulic loop for that, but had to purchase one fitting. Very simple to do. The hardest part of the installation was taking off my loaded tire! lol
For all of those contemplating which route to take in adding a 3rd function to control a grapple or front attachment, I believe this is the only way to go. This kit from WR Long is complete with specific hardware for your model. If you are mechanically inclined and understand how these things work, you can purchase this valve and make you own kit for less money.
Next week I will be installing one on my nieghbors JD3320.
Hope this helped some.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #37  
Can someone explain how the button on this kit works? Are there 3 positions, 1 which will open, and another to close the grapple and center is idle? What are the technical terms? What valve is included in the kit?

Thanks!!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #38  
The switch is a rocker switch with a spring return to home. The spring inside the switch keeps the switch in the home position. You push one side and your attachment moves one way and when you let go it stops. You push the other side and your attachment moves in the other direction. The valve is a 4 port 2 solenoid valve.

Nelson

Can someone explain how the button on this kit works? Are there 3 positions, 1 which will open, and another to close the grapple and center is idle? What are the technical terms? What valve is included in the kit?

Thanks!!

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #39  
The switch is a rocker switch with a spring return to home. The spring inside the switch keeps the switch in the home position. You push one side and your attachment moves one way and when you let go it stops. You push the other side and your attachment moves in the other direction. The valve is a 4 port 2 solenoid valve.

Nelson

Thanks Nelson, this is similar to how a hydraulic thumb operates on a mini-excavator.