Loader just purchased a used john deere and a rookie

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie
Its the N label. I did everything properly to start it. The n flashes very quick when i hit the forward or reverse or even the warning level when going in reverse

Yes but a couple years ago. Use to a kubota

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #13  
Its the N label. I did everything properly to start it. The n flashes very quick when i hit the forward or reverse or even the warning level when going in reverse

That's what I expected...
It's time to contact the dealer you bought this machine from. Still may not be a problem with the tractor, but you shouldn't be getting an error code.

i bought it from Histands in PA, what till i get on the phone. I can start the engine in A,B, or C. without the brake on. Isn't that a safety hazard? i have a feeling something popped in the range shifting.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #15  
i bought it from Histands in PA, what till i get on the phone. I can start the engine in A,B, or C. without the brake on. Isn't that a safety hazard? i have a feeling something popped in the range shifting.

Keep us posted on how this turns out (or send me a PM, if you prefer).
You did operate this tractor at the dealer's, correct? If it ran then, it should run now.
I think you're going to find out it's something very simple...

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #16  
How does the range lever feel? Do you feel detented positions for the A-B-C ranges and neutral? The neutral safety switch is incorporated into the forward and reverse pedals. If you push one of the pedals, it should not start. How about the seat safety switch. If it is not working, it will not move. I have seen some seats "freeze" in cold weather and the cushion does not flex enough to activate switch. I have also seen some "light" operators have trouble activating the switch sometimes. If all that checks out, you probably have either a loose wire or a sensor that is bad or needs adjustment.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #17  
AK, did you read my post at all?

Yes, Kenny I did.. I don't personally like the electronic version of the Owner's manual or the Technical Reference.

Too old school - I guess. Much rather grab a book and page thru it instead of loading the disk, reading and then printing out the relevant sections. (Can't say I've ever saved paper with the CD versions..)

So, I offered the OP another option in lieu of the link you provided.

AKfish

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #18  
How does the range lever feel? Do you feel detented positions for the A-B-C ranges and neutral? The neutral safety switch is incorporated into the forward and reverse pedals. If you push one of the pedals, it should not start. How about the seat safety switch. If it is not working, it will not move. I have seen some seats "freeze" in cold weather and the cushion does not flex enough to activate switch. I have also seen some "light" operators have trouble activating the switch sometimes. If all that checks out, you probably have either a loose wire or a sensor that is bad or needs adjustment.

Yep... crawl under the left side of the tractor and look at the Range selector linkage. It may have disconnected.

I've also had problems in the past - especially when cold - if the seat adjustment is too firm you literally have to jump up and down on the seat to get the tractor to move!

AKfish

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #19  
I was driving my 110 one day and raised up a little off the seat and the same indicator light flashed and the tractor started to come to a stop. when I sat back in the seat it reasumed normal operation. sounds like that seat switch is acting up to me.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #20  
Getting some good responses now! Even AKfish...calling the man a "lightweight"!!!!