Loader just purchased a used john deere and a rookie

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #32  
kac6261 said:
i bought it from Histands in PA, what till i get on the phone. I can start the engine in A,B, or C. without the brake on. Isn't that a safety hazard? i have a feeling something popped in the range shifting.

Funny, I grew up in Doylestown. When I was landscaping in high school/college we got all our equipment from them. They are a great dealer and should take good care of you.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #33  
Yes, Kenny I did.. I don't personally like the electronic version of the Owner's manual or the Technical Reference.

Too old school - I guess. Much rather grab a book and page thru it instead of loading the disk, reading and then printing out the relevant sections. (Can't say I've ever saved paper with the CD versions..)

So, I offered the OP another option in lieu of the link you provided.

AKfish

2x on paper. :thumbsup:

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #34  
:laughing: The funny thing is i'm a female and that was the problem. my husband came home and sat on it he moved it. have to get the sensor fixed. i was so pissed. but at least we figured it out. thanks all.:laughing:

That sounds new like and that is an awesome size. We have a JD 310 B but around buildings it gets tight with the 7.5' FEL and it is very heavy to move. Now for digging up trees and pushing them over it is great.

Do you plan to use it for your personal use or custom work?

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #35  
EXCUSE me please,..Not sure I understand your problem there Kac? Perhaps you didn't mean what you said? Try to be a little more specific,... but if it was, "in fact",.. actually in "Neutral",... (as you stated),.. No, it certainly will not move,.... you must put it in gear!

But then again,...CAUTION: if your operating experience is limited to this point,... I must strongly advise you to remove yourself (and others) safely "AWAY" from the tractor until you have taken the trouble to "learn" a whole lot more about such things!!

The very first thing you must realize is that tractors can be extremely dangerous even to the experienced operator!

Kac,... my sincere apologies to you,..."IF",.. in fact, I have read you wrong! I really hope it's "MY" mistake and not yours! Good Luck and Happy New Year!

CHEERS !
. . tug

Check your PTO also---My Satoh has a high / low and a neutral---My tractor has to be in one of the forward speeds.
I agree if the young man typed and meant what he said----Tractors can kill and can get away from you also and kill someone. You must be able to operate and think at the same time and act in an emergency.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #36  
Check your PTO also---My Satoh has a high / low and a neutral---My tractor has to be in one of the forward speeds.
I agree if the young man typed and meant what he said----Tractors can kill and can get away from you also and kill someone. You must be able to operate and think at the same time and act in an emergency.

Read the rest of the thread, Brother...the "young man" is a young lady (I made the same mistake in my first responses) and the only problem was she didn't weigh enough to actuate the seat switch...

Last edited:
   / just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #37  
Read the rest of the thread, Brother...the "young man" is a young lady (I made the same mistake in my first responses) and the only problem was she didn't weigh enough to actuate the seat switch...

Yes Sir Brother--I saw that--Sorry--my wife always tells me my mouth will get me in trouble--it does around her---
I did jump too soon--my tractor is not like that--my mowers are but the seat switch is a great idea.
We had a guy down here that got run over by falling off a tractor and another guy fell out of his boat and drown while his boat was still running around and round. Game Warden finally stopped it before any further injuries. :)