Price Check Just purchased MX5800

/ Just purchased MX5800 #1  

jeremiah8808

Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Hello TBN! I finally created an account after reading a ton of helpful advice on the forum over the past few months. The info I found here proved invaluable during my buying research, so thank you to everyone for creating this very useful resource.

So after my several months of research I decided on an MX5800 with the following options:

FEL with standard 72" bucket
Canopy
2 rear remotes, 1 with float detent
Top n' tilt kit
R4 tires with rimguard in the rears (adds 1100 lbs)
PFL3048 Forks
RTR1274 Tiller
BB2572 Box Blade
Right Handle (thanks to forum advice)

Price with 60 month 0% financing: $37,795

I'm currently waiting for delivery from the factory and will certainly be posting some pictures once I get my hands on it.

Thanks for reading,
Jeremiah
Piketon, Ohio

/ Just purchased MX5800 #2  
Welcome aboard! The set up of your tractor refects your research. Good job.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #3  
Congrats. If it’s not too late, get the 3rd function for the loader, and the 3rd remote out back so you have a hydraulic port open for the implement you may have back there.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #4  
Congrats
You will be surprised at How much it can do
Mine amazes me with what it does for it's size.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #5  
When you take delivery of the tiller operate it with it raised out of the ground and observe the sides from the rear while the rotor is turning. Landpride can’t seem to weld the rotor and stub shaft flanges true. Check yours before you put it in the dirt.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #6  
I echo the suggestion for the 3rd function to be added before you take delivery.

And if you want the tires wider apart get that done too.

/ Just purchased MX5800
Thanks for all the replies. I thought about the 3rd function and grapple, but didn't really want the ones offered by Kubota/LP. I'll buy the 3rd function and install myself when I eventually get the grapple. Looked like an easy enough install. Same goes for the 3rd rear remote. I'm not a full time mechanic but can handle the basics, so I'm comfortable doing them on my own. I'll be sure to check out everything in detail before I take delivery as suggested.

I also own an 8 ton metal track excavator, so I'm debating between adding a hydraulic thumb to that rather than a grapple for the tractor. Auxiliary hydraulics are already plumbed on it. I don't see much need to have both.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #8  
I also own an 8 ton metal track excavator, so I'm debating between adding a hydraulic thumb to that rather than a grapple for the tractor. Auxiliary hydraulics are already plumbed on it. I don't see much need to have both.

Depends on what you're grappling. If you want to lift things and pile them, or put them onto a trailer or similar, then excavator is excellent and probably more powerful and manoeuvrable. If you want to pick up tree branches or similar and take them somewhere, then the tractor will be way more efficient. And if you have need to do some of each, then maybe you need both. :)

/ Just purchased MX5800 #9  
Congrats on the MX. We really like ours. And FWIW, I agree with the suggestion to get the rear wheels set out as wide as possible. But if you will be trailering your MX, make sure that the rear wheels of the MX will fit inside the trailer's fenders (our MX would not fit on the typical 78" deck but would with the 82" deck).

/ Just purchased MX5800
Congrats on the MX. We really like ours. And FWIW, I agree with the suggestion to get the rear wheels set out as wide as possible. But if you will be trailering your MX, make sure that the rear wheels of the MX will fit inside the trailer's fenders (our MX would not fit on the typical 78" deck but would with the 82" deck).
Yes, my property is hilly so wanting as much width as possible. My trailer is 82" between the fenders so I should be good to go.