Price Check Just purchased MX5800

/ Just purchased MX5800 #11  
Yes congrats on your MX. I have a MX5200 & love it. All my previous tractors have had R1’s. The MX has R4. Pretty useless as soon as it’s muddy

Andy

/ Just purchased MX5800 #12  
Newby......Soooo how do you check the hyd level. I have found the "sight" glass but it is impossible to determine if there is fluid showing.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #13  
   / Just purchased MX5800 #14  
Newby......Soooo how do you check the hyd level. I have found the "sight" glass but it is impossible to determine if there is fluid showing.

I clean the sight glass and use a flashlight. It's still hard to see.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #15  
The third function for the loader was on my 4240 when I bought it. Probably not a feature that I'd have been looking for. Shortly after buying the tractor I added a snow blade. Plumbing the third function with a couple hoses to the plow assembly to operate the left/right swing of the blade was really handy.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #16  
That $37K price tag is killing me. The Kubota dealership here in Montana has a MX4800HST w/ FEL and heavy duty bucket, canopy, some extra hydraulics and whatnot priced at $34,600. By the time I add in a mower, grading scraper, grapple, and snow blower I知 bumping $50K.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #17  
That $37K price tag is killing me. The Kubota dealership here in Montana has a MX4800HST w/ FEL and heavy duty bucket, canopy, some extra hydraulics and whatnot priced at $34,600. By the time I add in a mower, grading scraper, grapple, and snow blower I知 bumping $50K.

Back in February of this year I was quoted $28,300 for the L4701 with FEL. The third function was $1200. The MX4800 is a sturdier tractor than the L4701 so that price doesn't look too far off.

I would rather pay a premium and have confidence in my tractor than get a significant discount with a korean or indian tractor and wonder about longevity.

/ Just purchased MX5800
Back in February of this year I was quoted $28,300 for the L4701 with FEL. The third function was $1200. The MX4800 is a sturdier tractor than the L4701 so that price doesn't look too far off.

I would rather pay a premium and have confidence in my tractor than get a significant discount with a korean or indian tractor and wonder about longevity.
I actually got quoted on the L4701 and MX4800 the first time I went to the lot. The L4701 was $200 more expensive than the MX4800! The salesman quickly steered me toward the MX, saying the L4701 was a "bastard" machine being the only L series on that frame, which would make parts harder to come by. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but the MX was a no brainer for me with the larger tires, lift capacity, more HP......and so on.

I was quoted at $28,200 for MX4800 with loader, $1400 to add the HD bucket, $1400 for 3rd function hydraulics, $580 for canopy, and $1000 for each rear remote. So your price of ~$34k isn't too far off depending on the hydraulic setup.

/ Just purchased MX5800 #19  
Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: