King County WA cougar attack

/ King County WA cougar attack #41  
Most westerners live our entire lives in mountain lion country and don’t really give it much thought. It’s just part of life in country that is still more wild than subdivided.
Yup, wildlife is not live changing. Just a matter for both sides to learn some rules. Just killing does not fix the problem, like the dogs because they rarely kill but send the message that there is no freebies.

/ King County WA cougar attack #42  
I've had two deer killed by mountain lions on my place in the 30 years I've lived here. Neighbors have lost colts and calves to them. Just a part of living rurally in Nevada.

Just yesterday I was watching a YouTube video someone posted of a mountain lion on their patio, nose to nose with their small dog with only the glass of the patio door between them. Lion kept swatting at the dog and hitting the glass, dog just kept wagging his tail...and the lady doing the filming pleading with the dog to get away from the door.

/ King County WA cougar attack
This tells about the pumas in the crevasses of the west.

Bruce

/ King County WA cougar attack #44  
Living with mountains here is minimal impact for us; be sensible. Don't move quickly after dark, no running in twilight, and always take a large dog with you, especially after dark. We see mountain lions on the game camera routinely, but only very occasionally in person. They are very shy here, and we find probably fifteen to twenty deer carcasses for every sighting. Most of the time, I have had my horse alert on them, as in ears pricked, no alarm, and I've seen where they were looking and saw the mountain lion. The lack of concern of the horses means to me that I know that the horses must see them frequently.

I never worry about the twigs snapping in the brush. Predators are dead silent.;) If you can hear it, there's nothing to worry about is my motto.

All the best,

Peter

/ King County WA cougar attack #46  
I live about 35-40 mile SW of you GSVette. I've never seen cougar on my property. I've CERTAINLY seen their tracks in the dirt/mud around my outbuildings.

I don't go out - roaming around my property at night any more. Many years ago - hunters stopped at the house to show me the gigantic cougar they had treed and shot. It was shot just five miles west of my property.

I REALLY do not want to be surprised at night and get in a gun fight with any cougar.
My brother is blind and liked to go out in the evenings and feed and groom his horses. I spotted a cougar on a game camera and suggested in the strongest terms that he limit his trips to the barn to daylight hours. All open pasture for several hundred feet around, so they are not likely to be out in the open during daylight hours. He reluctantly complied with my wishes after hearing of another cougar incident in the state.

/ King County WA cougar attack #47  
So living very, very close to where the OP's origional post and mentioning this attack I can say we have a huge issue with Cats. My neighbor had two cows killed just recently, another had their sheep all killed off as well. 6 or 8 maybe. Then, there was a biker killed on a trail but the game dept does nothing to reduce their numbers. Our school bus drivers see them often, most in the mornings when kids are out waiting on the bus. Here, we have seen them walking around the place, through the field and along the tree line so much so, we keep our dog inside the fence now when letting him out.

/ King County WA cougar attack #48  
Ah, Ha. King county - think Seattle. Those King county cougars just don't know their place. I think I saw an ad on the internet - King County cougars - call this number.:)