King County WA cougar attack

/ King County WA cougar attack #21  
Torvy - your post #12. If that were the case - I might just stand out in the yard - at night - waiting. :giggle:

/ King County WA cougar attack #22  
Washington is reaping what they have sown here with their poor predator management policies. Between restrictions on cat hunting, elimination of black bear hunting opportunities, strong push for Grizzly re-introduction, and of course unmanaged wolves these kinds of attacks will become more and more common. EG: the Washington State Game Commission has anti-hunters on it appointed by the Governer. They canceled the Spring Bear season in 2020 - going against the Biologist recommendations from the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. I am not being dramatic when I say they are trying to severely curtail if not eliminate hunting in the state.

There was a death in North Bend in 2018 (about 6.7 miles from Fall City as the crow flies). In this one, one of the two cyclists fled and left his buddy to fend off the lion by himself. Rough chain of events per the reporting was
-The two cyclists stopped to rest when the cat attacked
-Cyclist one was attacked and the cat had his head in it's mouth
-Cyclist two took off running and the cat dropped cyclist 1 and pursued the runner
-Cyclist one took off on his bike to "get help" which was a good 2+ miles away.
-Cyclist two was killed.
-Wash Fish and wildlife killed the Lion that looked to be a young male and was guarding the kill when they arrived.

Remember, only prey runs. if you are attacked by a cat, stand and fight to the bitter end. I have to wonder what would have happened Cyclist one had stayed and fought with cyclist two.

I was born and raised in the Seattle area and had to flee to a sanctuary state as a political refugee due to crap like this.

Last edited:
   / King County WA cougar attack #23  
Washington is reaping what they have sown here with their poor predator management policies. Between restrictions on cat hunting, elimination of black bear hunting opportunities, strong push for Grizzly re-introduction, and of course unmanaged wolves these kinds of attacks will become more and more common. EG: the Washington State Game Commission has anti-hunters on it appointed by the Governer. They canceled the Spring Bear season in 2020 - going against the Biologist recommendations from the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. I am not being dramatic when I say they are trying to severely curtail if not eliminate hunting in the state.

There was a death in North Bend in 2018 (about 6.7 miles from Fall City as the crow flies). In this one, one of the two cyclists fled and left his buddy to fend off the lion by himself. Rough chain of events per the reporting was
-The two cyclists stopped to rest when the cat attacked
-Cyclist one was attacked and the cat had his head in it's mouth
-Cyclist two took off running and the cat dropped cyclist 1 and pursued the runner
-Cyclist one took off on his bike to "get help" which was a good 2+ miles away.
-Cyclist two was killed.
-Wash Fish and wildlife killed the Lion that looked to be a young male and was guarding the kill when they arrived.

Remember, only prey runs. if you are attacked by a cat, stand and fight to the bitter end. I have to wonder what would have happened Cyclist one had stayed and fought with cyclist two.

I was born and raised in the Seattle area and had to flee to a sanctuary state as a political refugee due to crap like this.
Story about hiker that fended of lion attack with a ballpoint pen jab to the lions eye…

/ King County WA cougar attack #24  
Right outside my shop door-NE Spokane WA
IMG_1353.JPG

A previous post hit the nail on the head- when WA banned hunting and/or treeing cougars with hounds in the early 1990’s, they set the stage for future negative human/cougar interactions. The cougars have lost all fear of humans ( and probably dogs) as a result of the 1990’s decision.

I don’t go out and about on my property without some type of firearm ( usually a pump shotgun with buckshot and rifled slugs) nearby due to the ever increasing cougar sightings and interactions.

/ King County WA cougar attack #25  
WOW!!! That must of been a big surprise to see three lions on your camera!!!!!

/ King County WA cougar attack #26  
WOW!!! That must of been a big surprise to see three lions on your camera!!!!!

My wife was not amused when these popped up on my notifications that particular evening!

Got a great video of a younger cougar going after a mother moose and her calf at a pond at the bottom of the property- the cougar quickly saw the error of his ways when the cow moose turned on him!

/ King County WA cougar attack #27  
I live about 35-40 mile SW of you GSVette. I've never seen cougar on my property. I've CERTAINLY seen their tracks in the dirt/mud around my outbuildings.

I don't go out - roaming around my property at night any more. Many years ago - hunters stopped at the house to show me the gigantic cougar they had treed and shot. It was shot just five miles west of my property.

I REALLY do not want to be surprised at night and get in a gun fight with any cougar.

/ King County WA cougar attack #28  
I live about 35-40 mile SW of you GSVette. I've never seen cougar on my property. I've CERTAINLY seen their tracks in the dirt/mud around my outbuildings.

I don't go out - roaming around my property at night any more. Many years ago - hunters stopped at the house to show me the gigantic cougar they had treed and shot. It was shot just five miles west of my property.

I REALLY do not want to be surprised at night and get in a gun fight with any cougar.

Right there with you! I have a friend who works with the local wildlife biologist and the pro tracker dealing with problem cougars- lots of activity out this way.

/ King County WA cougar attack #29  
I have had five cougar kills within 4 miles of my home in the last 2 years, one of those was on my front porch and it was shot 60 feet away from the house.

Attachments

• pretty cougar.jpeg
    pretty cougar.jpeg
    841.3 KB · Views: 35
   / King County WA cougar attack #30  
OK - now it makes sense. Fall City - west side cougars. I've heard stories about those cougars also. They can be - every bit - as dangerous as the four pawed ones.