Tiller king kutter tillers

/ king kutter tillers #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i was surprised to find out that the 48" is more expensive than the other two....$1350!! )</font>

is it possible that they have different grades of tilleres? and the 48 was one of the stronger units as compared to the larger but less sturdy tillers. other than that i can see no reason for a smaller unit to be more $$$$

/ king kutter tillers #12  
I personally would want the tiller same width or little bigger then tractor width to cover tracks. Makes it so much easier since i had to do the offset thing at first on my other tractor and it was pain. I now cover the tracks completly and it seems to do a better looking job.

i would guess that they sell a-lot more 4 foot tillers and were pricing the bigger ones low just to move them or get them off the lot. Ive seen that type of thing before where the bigger more expensive things were cheaper just so they could get rid of them. maybe last years models or cleaning up the yard or something.

Mike

/ king kutter tillers
thanks for all the replies. i have about 2 acres that i plan on being lawn, or at least mowed. right now it is pretty uneven. i plan on doing this over the next couple years. the ground varies from sandy to clay. ill also be using it for putting in some food plots for the deer/turkeys.

does anyone have any experience with the ccm tillers?

so far ive been told a woods 52" will run me about $1700. landpride 50" is $1750.

thanks
john

/ king kutter tillers #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> You might want to look at the CCM Gear drive tillers </font> )</font>

Why would he want to buy one ofthose off brand tillers ?

/ king kutter tillers #15  
How is CCM any more of an off-brand than other tillers? I'm not being a smart-alleck, I really want to know. From what I've read, several of the different tiller brands are made overseas and rebadged. If that's the case, why do you refer to CCM like a red-headed step child? Again, I'm not trying to start anything. I'm planning to buy a tiller in the next 2 years and want to have as much info as possible before buying.

/ king kutter tillers #16  
No, not here. the 48" tillers are under a $1000.00 and the 72" tillers are $1350.00. I think your store is goofy... I would check the kk web site and find all the dealers close to you.. You should be able to get one for under a grand........I have a 72" kk and it is of very good quality. I have not seen other brands that appear to be more heavy duty........I bought mine slightly used and am very happy with it......even though I would rather have a 48" one.....

/ king kutter tillers #17  
I paid $1300.00 for the Woods 52" tiller

/ king kutter tillers #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> How is CCM any more of an off-brand than other tillers?i] </font> )</font>

CCM has said that a few times in the past and I just say it "tongue in cheek ". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ king kutter tillers
well, yesterday i found out there is a tsc that will be opening up in the area next month. (first ive ever seen within hundreds of miles of here). i called there and happened to get the manager who was there working on setting the place up. he said he could get me a 48" KK for $1050. thats 300 bucks less than fleet farm, and sounding like a much better deal.

does anyone know if KK has different versions of a 48" tiller out there? i want to know that each place is talking about the exact same tiller.

kk website calls it a tc-48-xb. the brochure i got from fleet farm and the model the tsc guy told me were both tg-48??

is the tg they are quoting me an old model? different one in some way?

thanks
John

/ king kutter tillers #20  
For what it's worth before I bought my tiller last year, I looked at the King Kutter tiller at my TSC store. I went with the CCM and it was about $100 cheaper and the fit and finish was absolutely better. So far it has performed flawlessly. Another thing that I like about it is that it came already painted orange.

Attachments

• 587108-4330 Kubota Trailer.JPG
    587108-4330 Kubota Trailer.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 278