Tiller king kutter tillers

/ king kutter tillers
the 49" tiller from ccm would be $400 more than the KK 48" for me after shipping.???

John

/ king kutter tillers #22  
From the research I've done, KK has 2 differant 48" tillers. The XB series (chain drive, shear pin) and the TG series (slip clutch and gear drive). I was quoted the XB at $1175, and the TG at $1285 from Fleet Farm.

Personally I would go with the larger TG for the gear drive and slip clutch. I think my BX will still lift it.

/ king kutter tillers #23  
Yes, I found two tillers also. If you go to the KK website u can look under tillers and also go to sub compacts and look under tillers. That way you see both 48" tillers, I think either one would be great but one is offset. The website leads you to believe that they both have slip clutches though..... I think that 1400+ is outrages for either tiller....

I wish it were not so muddy and going to rain this weekend cuz I shure would like till somethin up!!!!!

/ king kutter tillers #24  
I paid 950.00 for my king kutter 60" tiller in southern,In.

/ king kutter tillers #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( kk website calls it a tc-48-xb. the brochure i got from fleet farm and the model the tsc guy told me were both tg-48?? )</font>

The tc-48-xb is a lighter weight, lighter duty tiller made for subcut machines.

You want the TG gear drive tiller for your 7610..

/ king kutter tillers #27  
Got a quote on a 60" KK Tiller from Coastal Farm in Gresham OR for $1500. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I can wait or keep looking.

/ king kutter tillers #28  
Bowhunter
I bought mine at Orschelin Farm supply in Washington,Indiana about 1 1/2 yrs. ago.

/ king kutter tillers #29  
$1500 for a 5' KK seems high. I saw 5 footers for sale in the fall at $999 and 6 footers for $1200, which is what I paid 5 years ago.

/ king kutter tillers #30  
Cactus,
<font color="blue"> (You might want to look at the CCM Gear drive tillers ) </font>

<font color="red"> Why would he want to buy one ofthose off brand tillers ? </font>

Here are a few answers to some of your questions.
There are many good tillers being sold in the USA market. Keep in mind that John Deere, New Holland, Kubota, Kioti, Massey, Woods, Bush Hog, Rhino and other noted domestic manufacturers do not make their own tillers. Does this mean that their tillers are off brands?

King Kutter manufactures functional tillers and implements that are predominantly sold by Fleet Stores like TSC, Rural King, ETC and also by auction yards like Lady & King (TN) and Green's(OH). Just where are their service departments? Just as their differences in Kubota's and Jinma's there are differences between CCM Tillers and King Kutter tillers. We can sell King Kutter tillers at or below any of the special prices posted on TBN, but we choose not to sell the KK tillers.

Here are some of the differences between KK and CCM tillers.

CCM tillers are powder painted. Just ask KK owners as to the quality of their paint or the lack of paint.

The CCM MR145-49" tillers have a 60 HP Gear drive Transmission. The KK TG-48 has a 35 HP transmission.

CCM MR tillers have adjustable hitch blocks for offset capability and multiple size tractor adjustability. The KK tillers have a fixed pin hitch limiting it's tractor applications and the KK tillers do not offset.

CCM tillers have a one piece rigid stamped side gearbox cover which seals against the 8mm end plate frame. The KK has a two piece cover with two seals : one of seals is on the very outside of the cover- this cover is flat sheet metal that is not rigid and will not hold its shape over time and will leak gear oil continually.

CCM MR tillers have an inter-locking double metal shield with a steel hub protecting the tine rotor seals & bearings from winding up string, plastic or crops in such a manner to damage the seals or bearings. The KK has only a rubber oil seal pressed in a hub to protect the bearing.

It is not my intent to trash KK or its implements. They have their place in the market but when you asked the differences I am compelled to answer your questions.
Mark Carter