Kioti 3510 drive problem

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem #1  

Jake12

Tractor
2015 Kioti CK3510
Hi all, just thought I would run this by you in case I’m missing something basic and can fix it myself. While driving up a steep hill today I started spinning. In the past I just engaged the dif lock and climbed right up the hill. Now, just the front wheels turn and there is no power to the rear wheels. I tried different gears, nothing, then tried going up backwards. no problem climbing in reverse. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem #2  
ruh roh. So if you take it out of 4 wheel drive, do you have no motion at all? I am guessing that you leave the machine in 4WD all the time?

Welcome to the forum.

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem
Thanks Deezler. Yes, Ive been leaving it in four wheel due the terrain. A little forward motion when I take it out but stops when I get to an incline.

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem #4  
I wonder if the clutch could be slipping. See if it will go in a lower range in 2WD. You could also check the clutch adjustment. You should have about an inch of free play (more or less) before you come to the resistance of actually operating the clutch.

I’ll give that a try today, thank you.

No luck on the clutch adjustment. It was worth a try. Thank you for the suggestion.

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem #7  
Are the rims spinning in the tire? Grab a paint marker and make index marks on both the tire and rim, then try your maneuver again. If the lines don't line up after, add some air to your tires.

I will give that a try Stan. Thank you.

I think that’s it! Thank you Stan, as well as other who chimed in, you saved me an expensive trip to the dealer.
I really appreciate this forum.

/ Kioti 3510 drive problem #10  
Whoa, seriously? I would have thought the tires would need to be basically totally flat in order to spin in the rim. Or that it would be quite noticeable. But that idea definitely lines up with the symptoms you were experiencing.

What was your pressure like? I think my 3510 rears stay around 25 psi.