Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #21  
You know after looking for six months far and wide in Texas (where I live) at just about every tractor, even a vietnamese place up here - I found it to be just the opposite.
But then again - I didnt look at them with bias.
That is to say I didnt already own a tractor and look at LS with bias.
I have had many locals look and drive mine (who have allot more experience than I) and come away with nothing but positive praises.

I don't own either currently so I went with no bias's on either brand. I was looking as a mechanic as to potential problems. Things I look for are standard features of other brands and there operation!

I don''t like levers and linkage that hang down below the tractors for limbs and other things to grab, the BX Kubota fan is quite well hidden but we hear of enough people with troubles there!
I don't like drag links below the front axle! That is normally the gauge as to how deep of ruts we can go though when it starts dragging and that might mean bending the drag link causing extra toe-out or worse yet to break it off.
Control positions were a flip of a coin as to who was best for the majority, labeling them well and how easy they were in relationship to the movement needed to operate.

Will both work, yes and they both will make some people feel they had died and gone to heaven for what they might doing. I just felt for what I looked at the LS is not up to par quite yet with the Kioti. Everyone has different levels and knowledge of mechanics and design and desire, I'm not faulting anyone for making their choice.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #22  
I don't own either currently so I went with no bias's on either brand. I was looking as a mechanic as to potential problems. Things I look for are standard features of other brands and there operation!

I don''t like levers and linkage that hang down below the tractors for limbs and other things to grab, the BX Kubota fan is quite well hidden but we hear of enough people with troubles there!
I don't like drag links below the front axle! That is normally the gauge as to how deep of ruts we can go though when it starts dragging and that might mean bending the drag link causing extra toe-out or worse yet to break it off.
Control positions were a flip of a coin as to who was best for the majority, labeling them well and how easy they were in relationship to the movement needed to operate.

Will both work, yes and they both will make some people feel they had died and gone to heaven for what they might doing. I just felt for what I looked at the LS is not up to par quite yet with the Kioti. Everyone has different levels and knowledge of mechanics and design and desire, I'm not faulting anyone for making their choice.
You own no Tractor with 4500 posts here? There is an obvious bias being shown.
Not sure what tractor your looking at as my LS4010 has none of these issues. And I litterally put the two brands together at the same lot here in DFW.
The choice was obvious.
Maybe you got the two confused as these pictures show:
Front%20Axle.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #23  
FYI, Art is a very experienced and long time tractor dealer. I'm not sure how many tractor lines he has sold but am pretty sure he carries at least Kubota.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #24  
This segment gets a little confusing. We sell both Kioti and LS. The J2030 is a BIG SCUT and actually physically a little bigger than the Kioti CK20S which is a small CUT, but smaller than the CK27-35 series. We have sold a lot of CK20s to people with your size yard, desire to do some loader work etc. That said, the J2030 with 27HP would certainly drive a larger finish mower and provide the extra power to run other possible 3 point impments like a tiller or even a snow blower. being in the Arkansas River valley, I didn't think we would ever talk about snow blowers, but after this winter, what with global warming and all... Anyway. I have a J2030HST, CK20HST, CK27HST available to compare, test drive side by side. All have good incentives at present. I will go ahead and send a PM with some pricing too.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #25  
You own no Tractor with 4500 posts here? There is an obvious bias being shown.
Not sure what tractor your looking at as my LS4010 has none of these issues. And I litterally put the two brands together at the same lot here in DFW.
The choice was obvious.
Maybe you got the two confused as these pictures show:
Front%20Axle.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

Sorry to have offended you! As I said originally there are things that I look for and not all brands use the same controls from top to bottom of there line-up. The points I brought up was some of my thoughts on those two brands as I was looking at all the brands that had a equipment displayed. I was impressed as they did use the line-up studs on the wheels of the LS the same as Kubota, the end grease zerks on the loaders much the same as most other major brands.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #26  
Thread was pruned. Impolite comments were removed. Notices were sent. Please continue discussion. :cool:

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #27  
Thread was NOT pruned - You left inaccurate information on the Dealers posts (ART) who Bashed LS with Inaccurate information.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #28  
Thread was NOT pruned - You left inaccurate information on the Dealers posts (ART) who Bashed LS with Inaccurate information.

Art stated his opinion based on his own direct observations. How is that "bashing" or "inaccurate"? Art and I argue quite a bit on this forum and I am hardly someone to come to his defence as a knee jerk reaction. I thought his comments were really just statements of fact as he saw them and were no where near "bashing" in tone.

What I found kind of amusing is that Art, as a loyal Kubota dealer, doesn't like saying nice things about Kioti tractors but he gave a backhanded complement here. To say that the LS fit and finish were not as good as the Kioti is hardly bashing. Kioti fit and finish are generally not as good as Kubota but the Kioti tractors are extremely reliable and get the job done just as well for less money. That should probably be the objective for LS as well.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030
Thanks for the responses thus far, folks. I'm learning quite a bit from the information presented here. I do hope those responding can look at the input of others in an objective light and not be offended, but rather offer constructive responses as to why they might agree or disagree. Otherwise the thread can degenerate into a mess of useless diatribes, and I (and others) won't learn much.

As it is, I'll probably steer away from the Kioti tractors, simply because I feel they weigh too much for my primary purpose of mowing the three acres I do have. I'd like heft for occasional earth and snow moving, but not at the expense of damaged turf.

Again, I appreciate the information! :thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #30  
"Damaged turf" is not really such a common problem. All tractors will leave more marks than a Z turn or riding mower. Tire type and when/how you operate the tractor (eg wet conditions, four wheel drive, hard turns) are probably more important than a few hundred extra pounds of weight. Also, heavier tractors tend to have wider/larger tires so the actual pounds per square inch is only marginally more in most cases. The issue with lighter tractors and mowing is more that there is no benefit to hauling around all that weight if all you are doing is spinning a blade.