Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #41  
Sub-cuts were first introduced by Kubota with the model BX-1500-1800-2200 group. They were a lighter rear then a standard cut requiring a fan or additional oil coolers to maintain a good temperature. By going with a fuller frame like many of the bigger farm tractors have done the weight was still there of many of the compacts.

Tire sizes are smaller and more the size of a garden tractor. This is where they got into trouble with the three point on early models as it was to close to the ground although it did take cat 1 implements they often had difficulty with getting them to have enough ground clearence when raised. Today they have raised them and the issues have gone except where an implement manufacturer might still be building a cat 1-2 machine.

They are more for a large lawn then in the back forty so to speak although I see people keeping up to ten acres worked by them. With the backhoes and the large list of three point hitch tools they are like a swiss army knife for a homeowner.

When it comes to working in the woods I normally try to get people to buy up to the regular frame machines for the additional ground clearance.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #42  
Gittyup said:
While I have no opinion at all about LS, I do think this forum could be better served if dealers were clearly and uniquely identifiable from average consumers. This allows readers to better identify the source of opinion. With dealers you get a wealth of experience, and of course, some bias.

Sometimes, because dealers don't identify themselves as such, they come across as trying to undermine a competitor's product. Many dealers make it obvious through avitars, etc. .

I basically agree but don't see it as a big problem. Nearly everyone who has participated on TBN for a while knows, for example, that Art is a dealer. He never hides it but doesn't use any avatar at all if I recall correctly. Some dealers pay TBN for the right to solicit business (Wallace and Sweet come to mind) and so they are specifically identified. Other dealers, quite a few, choose to just be members of the group as individuals. Art fits in this category. He certainly is not shy about offering his opinions, based on his decades of experience, but I have never seen him post something intended to directly create business for himself. I do think it would help new users understand the basis for opinions and any potential bias if dealers did have some self identification but at the same time don't see why we should single them out. IMO there is an even greater need to identify "fanboys" who are completely and consistently biased for or against one or another brand. Maybe we need one of those "trust this member" or "find this post useful" scoring systems for everyone rather than focusing just on dealers.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #43  
I basically agree but don't see it as a big problem. Nearly everyone who has participated on TBN for a while knows, for example, that Art is a dealer. He never hides it but doesn't use any avatar at all if I recall correctly. Some dealers pay TBN for the right to solicit business (Wallace and Sweet come to mind) and so they are specifically identified. Other dealers, quite a few, choose to just be members of the group as individuals. Art fits in this category. He certainly is not shy about offering his opinions, based on his decades of experience, but I have never seen him post something intended to directly create business for himself. I do think it would help new users understand the basis for opinions and any potential bias if dealers did have some self identification but at the same time don't see why we should single them out. IMO there is an even greater need to identify "fanboys" who are completely and consistently biased for or against one or another brand. Maybe we need one of those "trust this member" or "find this post useful" scoring systems for everyone rather than focusing just on dealers.

I can go along with your last suggestion. But, let's face it, all who own one or more tractors are "fan-boys" (or the exact opposite if you have had bad experiences). Anyone on a forum should understand that very basic point and know that everything written isn't gospel.

On dealer's not IDing themselves, I've witnesses countless arguments started on here, at least in part, by that exact misinterpretation/misrepresentation. I know Art doesn't necessarily hide that he's a dealer. But, he doesn't always offer it up either. And I don't mean to single him out. He certainly can't lead in to every comment with "I'm a dealer...". But it sure is easy to change your user name or avatar to indicate what you are without paying for advertisements. If I were a dealer, I'd make sure it was clear through user name, avatar, by-line, or other means, else I'd feel like I was misleading folks.

TBN could easily accomodate this even better if they include some kind of indicator that one could check (or not) when filling in one's profile and then displaying the indication as part of the user name entries. It could even be carried through to allow one to ID their profession, say in a general sense, like diesel mechanic, engineer, house wife, retired police officer, etc. and display that. I'd like to know if a response is from a qualified mechanic or a librarian. It would add considerable value to the threads.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #44  
Gittyup;2293200. On dealer's not IDing themselves said:
I'm not going to say that I'm new here as much as changed since I came here! They didn't have all the features that they do now! I don't, and haven't looked to see what it would take to add one or know how. I have never changed my profile since being here and at the time the owner of this site lived near Binghamton NY not in California. I do try to help everyone and when on other makes I do try to be objective with what I say as to the options. I have taken many trades from people that didn't look with other then big eyes and missed the mark on what they wanted to do. I do not feel that I have ever tried to mislead anyone here and I do believe that people should try and deal as close to home as possible. I would wonder as to where I should be, I worked in a machine shop doing valve jobs boring engines and sleeving many as well as turning crankshafts and flywheels when I was in high school. That was doing work on engines for the company that I now represent as well as several other dealers. Uncle Sam thought that I should work on helicoptors and I studied auto mechanics at Morrisville college before he got my number. So what level should I be at here?
I just try to keep things on a level playing field here and to get people to keep an open mind! I do always check as to who is making comments and their qualifications to make such comments by simply checking the profile, guess it's just old habits!

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030
Well, thanks to the advice from you folks and from friends who have tractors, and talks with several of the local dealers, I took the plunge and bought a 2010 Cub Cadet Yanmar SX3100 with FEL for a fair price.

Now I need to learn 101 ways to prepare Ramen noodles for dinner for the rest of the year :licking:

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #46  
The Yanmar tractors put deere into the compact tractor world and some say they were the most relaible that deere ever built!

So I think you will be happy with your purchase other then the ramen noodles!!!
On the bettr side we have a customer appreciation day every year(today was the the day) we serve pancakes and sausage so double check to see if he does it so you can get some variation on your diet!