Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030
"Damaged turf" is not really such a common problem. All tractors will leave more marks than a Z turn or riding mower. Tire type and when/how you operate the tractor (eg wet conditions, four wheel drive, hard turns) are probably more important than a few hundred extra pounds of weight. Also, heavier tractors tend to have wider/larger tires so the actual pounds per square inch is only marginally more in most cases. The issue with lighter tractors and mowing is more that there is no benefit to hauling around all that weight if all you are doing is spinning a blade.

IT, apppreciate the comments. I can agree with the points you've made; however, in this case, the Kioti CK27HST, with a power output comparable to that of the J2030H, is about 1500 lbs heavier. Granted, it's a CUT while the LS is a SCUT, but that's why I'm here asking these questions - to learn these things. The CK20S is more comparable to the J2030 in terms of weight, but power is considerably less. For those reasons, I'd look at tractor makes other than Kioti - but I don't doubt for a moment they're very well-made, sturdy tractors.

As for "just spinning a blade," that will be the majority of my work. I just don't want to be caught with too small a tractor for when I do the earth moving I plan to do, or for when I'm clearing snow off my 150-yard-long driveway. I'd rather go a bit too big and have room for future expansion of my uses, than go too small and be looking at an upgrade next year or the year after. Hope that makes sense!

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #32  
Art stated his opinion based on his own direct observations. How is that "bashing" or "inaccurate"? Art and I argue quite a bit on this forum and I am hardly someone to come to his defence as a knee jerk reaction. I thought his comments were really just statements of fact as he saw them and were no where near "bashing" in tone.

What I found kind of amusing is that Art, as a loyal Kubota dealer, doesn't like saying nice things about Kioti tractors but he gave a backhanded complement here. To say that the LS fit and finish were not as good as the Kioti is hardly bashing. Kioti fit and finish are generally not as good as Kubota but the Kioti tractors are extremely reliable and get the job done just as well for less money. That should probably be the objective for LS as well.

Island, I have sold rebadged Kioti's in the past as well as Mitshubitshi's, Mahindra, and now Yanmars badged as Cadet and will soon have some models of the LS under the CNH contract. We have sold many makes under different labels. When people come in I show all the options and let them make their own descisions as to what they want to spend and the make of their choice. In all the different sizes we sell and the variety of attachments we just have a better chance of finding what is right for the pocket as well as the job. Are there options to everything? If it's mechanical there is!

I again repeat, I didn't mean to offend anyone and that they where just my some of my observations.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #33  
You might look at Wallace web site, they had a nice ck30,low hours w loader for around $12k,might be a good fit and a good deal-they are in PA, not sure where you are, just something to consider

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #34  
Yes well attempting to say he has no bias is also inaccurate. Especially when you dont tell people your a dealer who is selling "other" tractors.
There is an obvious financial bias there.

This is included in inaccurate information:
...I don''t like levers and linkage that hang down below the tractors for limbs and other things to grab, ...
I don't like drag links below the front axle! ...
I showed pictures to prove it.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #35  
As for "just spinning a blade," that will be the majority of my work. I just don't want to be caught with too small a tractor for when I do the earth moving I plan to do, or for when I'm clearing snow off my 150-yard-long driveway. I'd rather go a bit too big and have room for future expansion of my uses, than go too small and be looking at an upgrade next year or the year after. Hope that makes sense!

If I were in your shoes and really did not think I would be working in fields or woods and my major tasks were mowing and snowblowing, I'd be all over a SCUT. Easier to manuver, store and less expensive to start with as well as having less expensive implements. I'd like one to supplement my DK40se.

I owned a CK20 which I loved but if lawn mowing as the main task I would go with a SCUT.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #36  
Perplexed,

I have the Kioti 27HST and I am vey happy with it. We use on 10 acres, most for brush hogging.

When I my bought my tractor 2 years ago, I was looking at the usual suspects (LS was not part of the group) and narrowed it down to Kubota, Deere and Kioti. At the time, I took some advice from the forum--most of the machines are of good quality and equal capaibility, go with the dealer that will support you/get along with the best. In my area, it was Kioti, but in your area it might be LS.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #37  
While I have no opinion at all about LS, I do think this forum could be better served if dealers were clearly and uniquely identifiable from average consumers. This allows readers to better identify the source of opinion. With dealers you get a wealth of experience, and of course, some bias.

Sometimes, because dealers don't identify themselves as such, they come across as trying to undermine a competitor's product. Many dealers make it obvious through avitars, etc. But, others look (deliberate or not) like the average joe. Take Art, for example, someone new who doesn't know that he's a dealer reads his criticisms. He later finds out he's a dealer for a competitor. Comes off like he's hiding that fact and is completely biased. Rubs folks the wrong way. True or not, that's the effect is has.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030
Thanks for the additional comments, folks. With my test drives, talks with the local dealers, and the input I've gotten from this forum, I'm leaning toward the LS J2030H and Mahindra 2516. The former because it's easily the cheapest of all the tractors I looked at yet offers quite a bit for the buck; and the latter because it felt good to handle and the dealer, I think, will do their best to make my experience a good one. The Mahindra dealer also handles CCY, and they have a last-year SX3100 for a very good price, so I'm considering that one as well - interestingly, it's heavier than the other two, but it's no bigger than the 2516 length and width wise.

But now I'm wondering - what makes a tractor a SCUT instead of a CUT? Weight, power output, or length/width, or a combination, or all of the above? Where is the line drawn?

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #39  
But now I'm wondering - what makes a tractor a SCUT instead of a CUT? Weight, power output, or length/width, or a combination, or all of the above? Where is the line drawn?

It is extremely arbitrary. The Kubota BX has the small wheels/tires and low ground clearance, as does the JD 2305 and similar Masseys and Cubs.

Once upon a time, these units also had a somewhat limited Cat 1 three point hitch, but most has been somewhat upgraded. The lines are blurry. Since LS labels the J2030 a subcut, that is what it is, I guess, but it's all fuzzy and a bit arbitrary, as I said.

/ Kioti CK27HST vs. LS J2030 #40  
Yes well attempting to say he has no bias is also inaccurate. Especially when you dont tell people your a dealer who is selling "other" tractors.
There is an obvious financial bias there.

This is included in inaccurate information:

I showed pictures to prove it.

I mean no offense here, but perhaps your comparing apples to oranges, when I looked at the J2020 and J2030, I was struck by the same things Art mentioned, the drive linkage to the front wheels hangs down below the frame and includes an unprotected knuckle joint (same as many SCUTS) that looks like it could be some trouble down the road, additionally the Hydro Fan is completely unprotected, facing the front end of the tractor (oviously if I choose LS, welded/bolted skid plates = easy fix)...perhaps your LS4010 has a different setup? I am an unabashed newbie (ck my threads for support on this assertion). just my:2cents:

As to Dealer Bias/Criticism I say bring it on, in any forum like this, whatever decision I make, I'd like to have my eyes wide open...so if it means I have to hear some brand bashing from competitors to get there I'm OK w/that, in fact I welcome it. If I choose a Kioti/Bobcat or TYM I don't think I'd mind if the LS dealer thinks I'm a fool or vice versa, I'm here to get as much info from as many sources as possible...