Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #1  

MailManX

Tractor
2021 Kioti CK3510SE HST
I have a 2021 CK3510SE HST. The darn diff lock lever below the left side of my seat feels stuck. It's been that way in the three months that I've owned the tractor. I've stepped on it, pushed on it by hand, tried it in gear, tried it in neutral and tried it after rocking back and forth a bit. NOTHING has worked! Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I have to hold my mouth just right. I don't want to haul the tractor 2-hours back to the dealer, so I'm hoping to sort this out on my own. Your suggestions are appreciated! THANKS!

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #2  
Do you know that it only engages when it's pressed (and held) down and that it should not be held down for more than it's needed to get you unstuck.

Holding down the lever, locks the two rear tires so that you can not turn the tractor without dragging a tire (stressful). Hope this helps.

{EDIT} - are you saying that diff lock doesn't move at all?? Does it slide up and down??

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #3  
Do you know that it only engages when it's pressed down and that it should not be held down for more than it's needed to get you unstuck.

Holding down the lever, locks the two rear tires so that you can not turn the tractor without dragging a tire (stressful). Hope this helps.

{EDIT} - are you saying that diff lock doesn't move?? Does it slide up and down??
Oh yeah, my brother always hit the lever when tractor was spinning wide open. I tried to tell him. He just acted like I was stupid. But his dif lock don't work no more. But as long as it was his fault, I'm fine and dandy with it. Just like blowing reverse out of a perfectly good log skidder. Saw it happen, was yelling to stop, boom. It was all over but the crying. I guess when you have a good job you can do things like that. I know I had to pull the engine to get transmission apart. Went ahead and went through both differentials, stripped it down to the frame and sandblasted, rims too. I do love my brother and am proud of him.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #4  
I have a 2021 CK3510SE HST. The darn diff lock lever below the left side of my seat feels stuck. It's been that way in the three months that I've owned the tractor. I've stepped on it, pushed on it by hand, tried it in gear, tried it in neutral and tried it after rocking back and forth a bit. NOTHING has worked! Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I have to hold my mouth just right. I don't want to haul the tractor 2-hours back to the dealer, so I'm hoping to sort this out on my own. Your suggestions are appreciated! THANKS!
Try some lubrication on under side things.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #7  
As said, it's not something that stays engaged, if that's what you mean..? Foot pedal should be in the 'Up' position when disengaged. Otherwise some rocking should let it slip in. The actual foot lever is just a simple lever arm and pushrod setup so not much to go wrong unless its a misadjustment inside the diff.

Attachments

• 7ECFlaQ.jpg
    7ECFlaQ.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
   / Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #8  
Your owners manual is your friend ;)

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?
Do you know that it only engages when it's pressed (and held) down and that it should not be held down for more than it's needed to get you unstuck.

{EDIT} - are you saying that diff lock doesn't move at all?? Does it slide up and down??
Embarrassed, I am. I have told others over the years to RTFM! Time to look in a mirror and repeat it to myself. The lever moves just fine. I took it upon myself to determine that it should go “click” and stay locked in. I’ve had lots of 4x4 trucks, but this is my first tractor. All the more reason to read the manual!