Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #31  
I have a ck4010hst that the bar between the diff lock pedal and the actuator on the diff housing bent into a pretzel. I didn't stomp on it. Even driving in circles or having one tire slipping in the mud and applying pressure to the pedal would not engage it. Tractor is a 2018 with just over 100 hours.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #32  
I have discovered that slowly applying pressure to it while engaging the drive lets it slip in with less force.
Really this pedal thing is what I'd call god awful engineering. I'd prefer an actuator that I had to disengage when I wanted the slip.
You can find modifications online where people put a proper pedal there.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #33  
I have a 2021 CK3510SE HST. The darn diff lock lever below the left side of my seat feels stuck. It's been that way in the three months that I've owned the tractor. I've stepped on it, pushed on it by hand, tried it in gear, tried it in neutral and tried it after rocking back and forth a bit. NOTHING has worked! Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I have to hold my mouth just right. I don't want to haul the tractor 2-hours back to the dealer, so I'm hoping to sort this out on my own. Your suggestions are appreciated! THANKS!
I have a 4210 Kioti and my differential lock lever appeared to be stuck at first but I found it can be moved with a lot of effort. It doesn't move very far so I'm not sure if its really working. Haven't gotten into a situation where it is really needed yet. Its such a ridiculously small lever.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #34  
I have a 4210 Kioti and my differential lock lever appeared to be stuck at first but I found it can be moved with a lot of effort. It doesn't move very far so I'm not sure if its really working. Haven't gotten into a situation where it is really needed yet. Its such a ridiculously small lever.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #35  
I was working the tractor yesterday and needed the diff lock. LOTS of force on the pedal got it to lock, but to unlock it I had to stick my shovel handle under the pedal and pry it up, even after 100 yards of driving swervy to let it pop out. Is something bent inside the trans? I have been hitting the shaft where it goes into the trans case with PB blaster twice a week for a few months now.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #36  
Not sure what model or year of your tractor….but is the transmission oil at the proper level? Has the oil ever been changed? Manual Diff locks work by applying pressure to the lever and it will engage as the gears begin to slip out of sinc with each other, due to tire traction differences. Disengagement occurs when pressure is taken off of the lever and the spring pulls it out of the gears as they begin to sinc with each other as traction becomes equal from side to side. A good lube will help…

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #37  
Hmm.. My diff lock pops up as soon as I remove my foot and apply a bit of throttle pedal. Its my 4x4 that usually refuses to disengage, though its getting better. I think they just need to be used more to 'break them in'.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #38  
Not sure what model or year of your tractor….but is the transmission oil at the proper level? Has the oil ever been changed? Manual Diff locks work by applying pressure to the lever and it will engage as the gears begin to slip out of sinc with each other, due to tire traction differences. Disengagement occurs when pressure is taken off of the lever and the spring pulls it out of the gears as they begin to sinc with each other as traction becomes equal from side to side. A good lube will help…
2018 CK4010HST. 130hrs on it, oil has not been changed but the filter change was done at 50hrs at the dealer when I bought it used. Oil level is correct in the trans.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?
It’s been over a year since I started this thread. I am happy to report that I have successfully used the diff-lock lever on numerous occasions to get out of a sticky situation. Still, I don’t like it. I like what it does for me, but not where it is or how it is shaped.

It is not intuitive to stick the back inch of my left boot onto a slightly protruding round, curved bar and have to hold it down while I need it. When my boot is wet or muddy, it wants to slip off that bar. I would have preferred an electronic engagement by a switch on the dash. I do understand, though, why they don’t provide that option because too many people would leave it switched on too much. Barring that, my next choice would be an actual pedal in the same that could be more easily be found and pressed with a slick boot heal.

Still, it’s a minor issue. This tractor has been a real work-horse for me. We have gotten a lot done together.