Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #21  
LOL at this "read the manual" thread. I just took delivery of a CK3510 SE and it will not run for more than 30 seconds. So, I READ the manual, front to back, but sadly, no help. Now I have to email the dealer and hope they have a solution, but at least I can say, "I did read the manual".

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #22  
LOL at this "read the manual" thread. I just took delivery of a CK3510 SE and it will not run for more than 30 seconds. So, I READ the manual, front to back, but sadly, no help. Now I have to email the dealer and hope they have a solution, but at least I can say, "I did read the manual".
Probably a waste of time to draw a distinction between understanding the functionality of the tractor's controls and troubleshooting an operational problem.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #23  
RickB, I totally agree with you on that distinction. I was hoping the operating manual might tell me something like "open the fuel shutoff valve" which some tractors have (my Kubota) but that I could not see when visibly inspecting the tractor. No luck. But as is thread is pointing out, it never hurts to read the manual. I will say, I am very impressed with the detail of the Kioti manual. I have had three Kubota and the one TYM in the last 20 years and all the others just had a basic 8x11" thin manual with little detail, very few photos and more questions remaining than answered. This manual was refreshing.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #24  
RickB, I totally agree with you on that distinction. I was hoping the operating manual might tell me something like "open the fuel shutoff valve" which some tractors have (my Kubota) but that I could not see when visibly inspecting the tractor. No luck. But as is thread is pointing out, it never hurts to read the manual. I will say, I am very impressed with the detail of the Kioti manual. I have had three Kubota and the one TYM in the last 20 years and all the others just had a basic 8x11" thin manual with little detail, very few photos and more questions remaining than answered. This manual was refreshing.

Good luck with the machine. 30 seconds sounds like fuel delivery to me. Right to make dealer’s problem not yours

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #25  
I'll give Kioti some credit for a decently printed and bound manual, but the contents... I've done a fair bit of reading in my manual and found a lot of things that are either missing, very vague, or flat out wrong. Seems to me they try to cover too many model variations with one printing.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #26  
I'll give Kioti some credit for a decently printed and bound manual, but the contents... I've done a fair bit of reading in my manual and found a lot of things that are either missing, very vague, or flat out wrong. Seems to me they try to cover too many model variations with one printing.
You are right, but at least it is far better than the Kubota and the TYM 'pamplets'. Also great that this forum exists to kick us for the obvious or help us with what is neglected in all manuals.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #28  
I have a 2021 CK3510SE HST. The darn diff lock lever below the left side of my seat feels stuck. It's been that way in the three months that I've owned the tractor. I've stepped on it, pushed on it by hand, tried it in gear, tried it in neutral and tried it after rocking back and forth a bit. NOTHING has worked! Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I have to hold my mouth just right. I don't want to haul the tractor 2-hours back to the dealer, so I'm hoping to sort this out on my own. Your suggestions are appreciated! THANKS!
I haven't been able to get min going either. Get a cramp when I try. Muscles not used to reaching back like that I guess. But it's stiffer than a sailor's member in a chinese brothel.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #29  
Why lanolin? I worked with an engineer a while back who preferred it on O-rings.
Why not white lithium spray?
I honestly don't know as I've never heard of it or used it. I've just now 'Googled' it.

My Navy experience always went with the lanolin (or silicon grease or WD40).

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #30  
Why lanolin? I worked with an engineer a while back who preferred it on O-rings.
Why not white lithium spray?
The lanolin sprays, like Fluid Film, 'creep' into crevices and whatnot better. At least that is what they tell use when its used on airplanes - that it creeps into the overlaps, even 'uphill'.