kioti dk40se stuck clutch

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #11  
I would cut a block of wood to hold the clutch pedal down and then start it in neutral and let everything warm up and run awhile. Vibrations from the engine may help work it loose over time. Leave the block of wood on the pedal all the time.

Adding vinegar or brake cleaner is worth a try- it couldn't be any worse than water sitting in there for months. Put it in high gear and have another tractor just tug/push on you a little- just a few inches back and forth.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #12  
The problem I am having now is the clutch
is engaged against the flywheel. I am the second owner.
I have not had the tractor under water.

I suspect the previous owner or the dealer had this unit under water, Robby.

Regardless, you will have no problem starting your tractor in low gear. You can
also raise the loader with the starter motor. I have done both on tractors I was
fixing. Then you can drive it around under high load (hi range) with the pedal in
as others have suggested. Spraying with a solvent can't hurt.

Do you know if your DK has a dual clutch? I suspect not, as the SE went to an
electric PTO clutch. My own experience with a rusted-on dry clutch was that
they were only separateable with hammer and chisel.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #13  
I would not use Diesel fuel or other oil or the clutch friction material might be ruined forever (slipping clutch).

The PTO is totally independent of the main clutch, so it's not relevant to this problem. For the information of others, the PTO has a multi-disk wet clutch that is hydraulically engaged via an electric solenoid valve.

Vinegar may work. It is a surprisingly strong (for household stuff) acid. If you do this you probably want to neutralize the bell housing after the fact. Probably rinse with water, followed by a dilute baking soda rinse, and then water again.

I think the key may be keeping the clutch unloaded (disengaged) all the time until this is solved, like BTI said. Also push-pull with another vehicle may work better than just pulling.

My DK45s also has a drain plug and scheduled maintenance includes annual draining, as I recall. Mine has always been dry but I keep my tractor under cover and have never forded deep water. My DK also has a latch to hold the clutch disengaged. I don't recall the reason for this but it would make sense under freezing conditions (like not using parking brake on a car in winter).

Good luck.

Last edited:
   / kioti dk40se stuck clutch
I got tied up tonight could not do anything on the tractor. Most likely I won稚 get to do anything until Saturday. I can pull starter off and put a heater in it that is easy enough.

Wow thanks everyone for all of the input. I will get started
Early Saturday morning. I will keep you posted on progress.
Thanks again

Thanks to all the response from TBN members.

This tractor does not have a dual stage clutch . This tractor does have a hold down latch to keep the clutch disengaged. This tractor has a lever that has Forward , reverse with neutral in between. THe tractor will not start unless this lever is in neutral.

I’m going to start with the vinegar on Saturday morning for two hours then rotate the flywheel clutch pressure plate 180° for two more hours. I will then rinse with water baking soda water then drain.
I then will start tractor in neutral let it warm up.

My dilemma is how do I start the tractor in gear without pulling the tractor? I am very leery of trying to unhook A chain while both Machines are moving.

I would like to drag a box blade around for quite some time until I get the tractor warmed up or hot. After that if that doesn’t work pull it back and forth with another vehicle. If it doesn’t disengaged I will let it sit overnight cool down hopefully the two different materials will come apart from each other during a temperature change.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #17  
My old 9N would stick the clutch plate to the flywheel. The first time it happened I split the tractor to fix the problem. While it was apart I discovered a hole 1/2" or 5/8" had been drilled in the side of the bell housing at approx. nine o'clock. The hole was located so you could get a chisel or screwdriver in to release the clutch plate. I used the hole to release a stuck clutch more than one once after that.

My tractor has such a holes three o’clock. It is so you can check the timing. I do not think I can see the clutch plate though. I will look this evening.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #19  
I have a CK30HST, AC wd45, and a 8n.Had the same problem on my wd45 thought the clutch was stuck fast to the flywheel and it turned out the linkage was broken and when I thought I was engaging the clutch I was not. someone had put another spring on the linkage and when I pushed in on the clutch I felt pressure. It took a while to figure out . On my 8 n bought it a while back for parts and last winter I needed a winter project . When I started checking the tractor out the bell housing was half full of water and there is a weep hole at the bottom of the clutch housing that was blocked up with gunk. The rear wheels were locked up and, clutch splines were rusted tight to the transmission input shaft. God only knows how long this tractor was outside before I got it. Make sure the clutch linkage is disengaging the clutch and not broken. Everyone has good ideas but the brake cleaner worked best for me. Good luck.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #20  
Following with interest. I was told to keep the pedal latched down and the brake off whenever not in use. I've heeded that advise as long as I've own the tractor (~12 years). And I don't go into water or leave it out in the weather. Anyhow good luck. I hope you have success. Some one word cockamamie liquid alternatives: rust dissolver like rustoleum, freeze spray, kroil,