kioti dk40se stuck clutch

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #21  
My dilemma is how do I start the tractor in gear without pulling the tractor?

Sounds like you do not want to disable (jumper) the neutral safety switch. That is how I do it. No
way I would drag around the tractor to start it. Another way (which I have not done) is to raise
the rear wheels off the ground an inch with a good hyd jack and FEL up, then short the start terminal
to the battery connection on the starter. Key to ON position and in 2WD, of course.

A helper then lowers the jack (low range).

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #22  
While it was apart I discovered a hole 1/2" or 5/8" had been drilled in the side of the bell housing at approx. nine o'clock. The hole was located so you could get a chisel or screwdriver in to release the clutch plate. I used the hole to release a stuck clutch more than one once after that.

How cool is that!

The last clutch I did was on a Kubota with dual dry clutch. It had a window to see into the bell housing,
but it was blocked off by the loader subframe.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #23  
Can you change between forward and reverse without the clutch? On my old GST transmission tractor you could.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #24  
Can you change between forward and reverse without the clutch? On my old GST transmission tractor you could.
No, the DK's are synchronized mechanical shuttle and require the clutch to forward/reverse

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch
I put vinegar in the bell housing today around six hours. I rotated the a fly wheel three times so the vinegar would reach all surfaces of the clutch. I then started the tractor and let it run at a high rpm for around 30 min. I then jammed it in gear. It broke loose immediately. I drove it around for awhile. All is well now. Thank for all of the input. I will have to pay close attention to The throw out bearing.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #27  
Congrats on your success!

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #28  
Good show! After you rinse/neutralize the bell housing I think you should park with the clutch pedal locked down until you are sure all is really dry in there.

/ kioti dk40se stuck clutch #29  
Good show! After you rinse/neutralize the bell housing I think you should park with the clutch pedal locked down until you are sure all is really dry in there.

Why not just lock that clutch down if you do not plan to use it the next day?