Kioti folklore?

/ Kioti folklore? #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
I stopped at a Kioti dealer today and heard some interesting comments. According to this guy, Kioti has been producing tractors for a very long time - and reportedly they were connected with Kubota in the old days, manufacturing many of the major components for them. In more recent years, Kubota has moved away from the business relationship and Kioti is offering tractors with their own badge.

On the face of it, it certainly seems plausible - there are a lot of parts on Kiotis that appear identical to parts on slightly older Kubotas.

Anybody got any facts about this?

/ Kioti folklore? #2  
I was told buy a Kioti dealer in Ct that Kioti builds motors
for Kubota that are 50 hp and larger. Also my friends wife works at a company in Ct that makes all the gauges for Kubota.

/ Kioti folklore? #3  
<font color=blue>I was told buy a Kioti dealer in Ct that Kioti builds motors
for Kubota that are 50 hp and larger. </font color=blue>

i know for a fact that kioti uses perkins diesels in thier larger 75hp and above tractors. as for there small diesels they are perkins knock offs not kubota. as far as the company daedong being connected with kubota the way i understood koreans they don't like japanese very much especially in the past so i think its just that "folklore" check this web site if you don't think so <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.daedong.co.kr/english/index.html>http://www.daedong.co.kr/english/index.html</A> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kioti folklore? #5  
i found that daedong did have a relationship with a japanese company in 1988 for oem engines but can't find a direct connection with kubota anywhere yet. it could have been with anyone of the numerous japanese tractor companies.

/ Kioti folklore? #6  
I checked out your Daedong link and under "History" there was this listed:

"DEC, 1988 OEM Production for Japanese Make"

Not sure what they manufactured or for whom, but it is listed.

/ Kioti folklore? #7  
i found that too and emailed them asking what company. don't know if they will answer. i looked at the kubota company history and there was no mention of having anything made in korea. but do you think they would admit to having something not made in Japan?

/ Kioti folklore? #8  
If you would like to call him, I think his name is Tom.
It's called British T Shop Inc. 860-889-0178
See what he tells you ?

/ Kioti folklore? #9  
what the %$*$ are you talking about? i don't dout that the dealer you talked to believes that kioti builds engines for kubota but i have never found any evidence to support that other than folklore. i'm trying to find something concrete. who's this tom? if he's the dealer in ct sounds like he's full of it. consider the source plus you are jd owner he might be trying to sell you a tractor.

/ Kioti folklore? #10  
I talked to our closest Kioti dealer near Omaha, he claims Kubota engine parts will interchange with Kioti engine parts. He is a dealer for both.

Paul