Kioti folklore?

/ Kioti folklore? #21  
When I was tractor shopping my local Kioti dealer told me that one of the vice-presidents of Kubota left and along with some "top Kubota executives", started Kioti. He (the dealer) tells everyone that the Kioti is the exact same tractor as the Kubota. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now.

I don't think that the Kioti is a bad tractor - just the opposite. I do question, however, why the Kioti dealers don't try to sell them on their own merits rather than trying to ride Kubota's coattails. I personally think the Kioti is good enough to stand on its own. I bought Kubota because it is tried and proven and they have an excellent dealer network in my area.

By the way, this dealer has a terrible reputation (especially in the honesty department) and before becoming the Kioti dealer he sold Kubotas. The franchise was taken from him because of his shady dealings and complete lack of service.

/ Kioti folklore? #22  
i wish the kioti dealers would read this forum. maybe they would get the message and let kioti stand on it's own because it is a great tractor not because it was or has something to do with kubota. not that kubota is not a great tractor.

/ Kioti folklore? #23  
The reason Kioti dealers don't let it stand on it's own is because alot of people have never heard of Kioti. The tractor could be the best in the world. But what do you say when someone says "What is that a Kubota, it's not?, it looks like one" "Who's Kioti?" "Who makes the engine" " Daedong , Who the H*** is that??". It depends on the part of the country you are in. When (not if) Kioti gets there dealer network competely set up and there are more out there, I believe the dealers will stop using the references to Kubota.
The Kioti's have had a rough row to hoe! They are built very heavy duty (as most of you know). Is there another manufacture that will put a 7'6" Hoe on a 20 HP tractor ?? If there is let me know. I know aftermarket hoes can be put on others but, if you tear up their tractor with it forget about the warranty. Kioti will stand behind theirs 100%.

/ Kioti folklore? #24  
Kioti could benefit from learning where their dealers are located as well. When I inquired via email for the closest dealer I was very surprised to find out that they had a dealer just 15 miles from my home. I drive through that town at least once a month and there are only 300 people living there and there is a AGCO dealership right along the highway. So my wife and I jump in the car thinking maybe the AGCO dealer is carring Kioti now. Nope. No one in town has heard of the tractor or the dealer I was referred to.

I again emailed Kioti and informed them of this and was told again that yes there was a dealer there and they gave me a phone number. I did a reverse look up and found the dealer was really located about an hour away (no big deal) and called the dealer to varify the location.

So I again emailed Kioti, as a courtesy, to tell them that their database needed correcting and was told this time that the dealer had 2 locations and they had given me the wrong one.

Sounds like everyone in the sales department at Kioti struggles with honesty.

/ Kioti folklore? #25  
I don't think honesty is the problem. Maybe misinformation but not dishonesty.

/ Kioti folklore? #26  
Here is a statement that I find much more ridiculous than any claims of Kioti making parts for Kubota:

"Sounds like everyone in the sales department at Kioti struggles with honesty."

That is quite a generalized statement, without any substance. It implies that ALL Kioti's are sold on lies and deciept. I found the total opposite to be true in all of my dealings in the purchase and maintence of my Kioti tractor.

If you simply do not like Kioti tractors, fine, I can live with that. Just please don't go around making statements that have absolutely no merit. Its great to advise fellow tractor owners to problems you encountered with a particular dealer so the next guy has a "heads up", but "one bad apple don't make the whole bunch bad".

/ Kioti folklore? #27  
As stated repeatedly on this board and others, Kioti salesmen want to ride the Kubota coattails. Kioti tractors have an excellent reputation, Kioti salesmen do not. Reread the thread. When I talked to the salesman to find out where he was really located he told me that they were not located in the town Kioti had told me they were. Oh, yeah he also made a point of telling me that "these tractors are just like Kubotas, and you know how good they are."

Why can't they sell their product on the merits of the product? It's a good product. Why couldn't the national sales rep who referred me to the dealer simply say "Oops! I gave you the wrong town" when I notified them that their database was incorrect? No, they had to LIE and say that the dealer had 2 locations (which they don't).

I repent, I should have said "Sounds like many in the sales department at Kioti struggles with honesty." Now that statement has merit.

/ Kioti folklore? #28  
pitbull, i have to agree with mikllos on this as i have emailed kioti and got very accurate information on dealers in my area. i think the dealer is responsible for informing kioti on their location. there is also some history on this. i understand that when kioti first started pushing their tractor in the 1980's there was a flood of dealers. kinda like the chineese tractor dealers. if you had enough money to buy a dozen you were automatically a dealer. not so now a dealer must have service, parts and sales just like any other dealer. however, there are a few bad apples still out there. i think customers like us will root these out eventually. in your case the dealer may have misinformed kioti of his location and is still spreading "folklore" that has no firm evidence at all yet.

/ Kioti folklore? #29  
<font color=blue>in your case the dealer may have misinformed kioti of his location </font color=blue>

The dealer was surprised to learn that Kioti referred me to the other town, I hope he calls them to correct it too. My emailing Kioti was of no benefit to me, I was hoping that it might save someone a drive (perhaps a long one) to the wrong town. Unless the dealer does notify them, they will continue to send people to the wrong location. Perhaps its just "folklore" that they have a dealer there.

<font color=blue>and is still spreading "folklore" that has no firm evidence at all yet</font color=blue>

My point exactly.

I admire Miklos and your brand loyalty and hope you enjoy your tractors.

/ Kioti folklore? #30  
Got this reply from Kioti today. <font color=blue>Dear John:

I have gone to my president and he is contacting Daedong to get this cleared up. I have heard "all" the folklore and have had a few laughs myself. Hopefully within a week or two, we all will have our answers. I also told him that we may need to add something to our website to clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Jeanette Ingram
Kioti Tractor
<font color=blue>
now just waiting to hear from them to get this settled one and for all.