KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #11  
Cab and related: As mentioned previously, I live down south and do not have a significant need for a cab due to our mild winters. But if I lived in Vt!!!, I certainly would have a full cab I could remove the doors from during the summer months. Roofs to me are steel for longevity and support for mounting my accessories. But lots of folks have plastic. Kioti has a soft cab and hard cab kit. I like the looks of the hard cab kit and it may have auto glass also, but know they are pretty expensive. The soft cab may work better due to cost. Pretty much personal preference here. Point of reference: My steel roof and auto glass front and rear cost ~ $650 each, as I recall- plus installation. But all of my accessories were discounted with free installation with the purchase of my Ranger. I will most likely add after market plastic, half doors (bottom half) to mine to keep mud and potential dogs and wild critters out while driving along in the woods, etc. I have grey fox and red fox in my back yard a lot.

Windshield, front and rear: If one opts for a front wind screen (mandatory for me), a rear one is probably needed also due to air being pulled inside the cab area from the rear while traveling on dirt roads, if no back window exists. I like plastic in some things but not for my roof or windows. If one has a winter need for a cab, then to me that also means a windshield wiper. Poly windshields are far easier to scratch than auto type glass and both of my windscreens are auto type glass. These days I purchase once and do not expect to replace as normal maint. as that is just too expensive in the long run. Again, steel roof and auto glass F/R.

I recently added a double long gun rack to the top of my ROPS- just in case... This is mounted in the cab, out of the weather and away from prying eyes. If one may have to deal with wild hogs, wild dogs, rabid animals in their area, a long gun is a handy thing to have. I do carry a hand gun but few things beat a long gun- most of the time. My rack is the Big Sky BSR-2. I added 1/4" x 1" steel flat stock to bridge the F/R of my ROPS and to mount the rack to. It can also be through bolted to the roof but this may not have left accessibility to ARs due to their design and the design of my roof.

This information should provide you with things to consider and in my thinking, functions well with either a work type vehicle or a play type vehicle.

_EM51766.JPG_EM51771.JPG_EM51774.JPG_EM51775.JPG

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #12  
Oh, a couple last pics of work this morning and the last couple weeks. We are sodding, etc the front. Typically I unload the sod from the truck using the tractor. But we have had a lot of rain recently and the clay soil is still soft and muddy. So used the lighter weight UTV to transfer the sod and organic top soil.

_EM51836.JPG_EM51839.JPG_EM51720.JPG_EM51814.JPG

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
Hey sdef
Thanks for all your writeups on the various thing you've done with and to your UTV. I'm new to all this, and will take many things into consideration regarding what you use/recommend.
I have a winch mount plate built in behind the front bumper cage area. I will have to check the bolt pattern and distances and see what might fit.
I'm not sure about a windshield or cab, soft or hard right now, but time may change that, as I get more use of the UTV.
Auto glass, good to ask about. Kioti does have a limited accessories list, but some nice stuff nonetheless.
I've ordered some things already, which should be in relatively soon. Nothing fancy. just skid plates, headrests and such.
I will probably use it most between my two adjacent properties, so no real dirt road time per se.
It does not come with a horn, and rear lights of anything but basic headlights, and switch for horn, headlights, and blinkers, also an add option.
The dash cluster being located on the right side of the dash, is annoying, but I see why they put it there. They have a couple of small areas with idiot lights in the cluster, but should have put the emergency brake light closest to the driver side of the dash, IMO. One can purchase a buzzer kit for the E brake, but I don't want to ask what they want for it in $, it'll probably just make me mad.:confused3:

One issue I have with my dealer and most small dealers of equipment is ordering anything usually entails paying ridiculous S/H fees or waiting till forever for a stock order where my dealer 'eats' the costs. On this first minor items order I'm waiting- but he didn't tell me it could be a long time since he's attaching it to his tractor shipment, not a stock parts shipment.

I was thinking about the bed/dump/hydraulic lift kit and wondering if it would allow me to tilt the bed part way up while dumping something like sod or topsoil, so as to not dump it all in one place when filling holes in lawn areas, etc. I would think that would be possible, no?

Thanks again for your insight into the whole world of UTVs. You obviously have some experience and preferences and good choice of tractor brand too!:eek:

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #14  
Concerning the bed dumping options- if one dumps heavier items from their bed much, a hydraulic or electric option would be great. Note the pic above where I dumped a load of loose, organic top soil into the bed of the UTV. The wife and I then tried to dump the bed but could not manually lift it... So if this was a priority for us, which it is not yet, I would have to add a powered dump option.

It is great you have a winch mount built in. Only negative about mounting UTV winches is there is little room to work and the front bumper needs to be removed to mount the winch usually. YMMV.

Really like the Kioti hydraulic remote options for their UTV. Really awesome. Not sure how they could be used as the hydraulic pump could not be very large- but cool nonetheless :)

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #15  
Purchased a 2200ps about a month ago. I like the way it drives on the gravel roads, very comfortable between 20 and 24 mph. No options on it yet but thinking about the safety items kit and want to look into some sort of cab. Only 8 hours on it so still don't know where the point on the fuel gauge is that will hold a 5 gal can of diesel.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #16  
I'm considering a utv as of late. Are you happy with the mechron? It seems to be about the cheapest diesel option. Tractor house has a few for around 9k and one for 8.5k. , 2016 models.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #17  
I am pleased so far, added a wiring harness for light bars and use one set of wire for a rear light and the second wire to run spay pump. Ordered a windshield and top but haven't come in yet. Put about 6 gal of diesel at 10 hours and now with 18 hours on it and the fuel gauge is still at 3/4 full.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #18  
I have been debating on getting a new Mechron 2200PS. Read a lot of good stuff about it. The only complaint is how loud this machine is. I want to know if anyone as one with a field cab on and how quiet is it inside. Also saw a video the front mount attachment for the snow plow looks kind of bulky and job to install not sure if that is an original equipment. I have also looked a Mule and Pioneer 700. The main reason why I am looking at the Kioti is to be able to trade in my CK 30 hst with FEL, front mount SB66 and scraper of which I really have no use for anymore and for heath reasons need something smaller and easier to install for winter snow removal.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #19  
purchased a Mechron 3 years ago, in general its a good machine, never let me down, use it for hauling material on the acreage, like the bench seat we can ride with the grandkid in the middle, for accessories I added the roof, light kit for the odd time we use the grid roads and a 40 gallon sprayer, custom fits in the box. its a tough machine and solid.

off topic for the lake I picked up a 4x4 Kawasaki mule 500, previously had the 2x4 model, it realy has not changed, this gets used for weekend drives on the grid roads with grandchild, again bench seat, one thing about a bench seat you can exit either side of the machine

there is quite a difference in size of machine between the mule and mechron,

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #20  
Still like my Mechron 2200PS, yes it is noisy so I try to have ear plugs in, which I also carry anyway, top speed for me is 24 miles/hour, the diesel is great for slowly going through the field spraying trees and weeds, and it seems to have great traction. I did install a glass wind shield, top, rear screen and safety kit. When dressed for cold it wasn't bad at 10 degrees. Biggest minus for me is the belt drive, I would rather have a HST but lots more $.