KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #21  
SDEF love the gun rack those people make quality stuff

In reference to hydro/electric dump bed our ranger has it and it performs flawlessly and makes wife's gardening easier too

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #22  
Easy way to up the capacity of the bed by adding a couple of feed sacks. Chips are from a woodmax 8h chipper. IMG_20180410_121025122_BURST001.jpg

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #23  
My experience is different. My Mechron 2200ps has been in the dealers shop three times. It only has 35 hours. Back in the shop today. Huge disappointment. Takes dealer a long time to get accessories, parts etc. I'm glad others are able to use thier Mechron.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
My experience is different. My Mechron 2200ps has been in the dealers shop three times. It only has 35 hours. Back in the shop today. Huge disappointment. Takes dealer a long time to get accessories, parts etc. I'm glad others are able to use thier Mechron.

Please detail exactly what problems you've had with it and solutions, if any to same. I requested same from you in another thread I started in which you replied similarly about your HUGE disappointments. I, and others would like to know what your exact experience is, preferable to vague description
You can PM me if you prefer, but better to let everyone know what's happening with your machine....
Thanks,

CM

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #25  
Please detail exactly what problems you've had with it and solutions, if any to same. I requested same from you in another thread I started in which you replied similarly about your HUGE disappointments. I, and others would like to know what your exact experience is, preferable to vague description
You can PM me if you prefer, but better to let everyone know what's happening with your machine....
Thanks,

CM

Hi

Here is more detail. Mechron was hard to start, smoked on start up, ran rough. Dealer first told me, glow it twice, fuel may have algae in it. Sold me algae biocide and new fuel filter. Fuel filter was wrong one, but I noticed leak from bottom of fuel tank, when I went to replace filter. I never used the biocide. Dealer replaced fuel tank. Took weeks to get this back.

Started and ran better, but seemed sluggish. Put a few more hours on it, and then it felt like I had it chained to a telephone pole. Engine ran, but
Mechron didn't move. Dealer took weeks to get to it, said the rear wheel bearings were "sticking". Didn't make sense to me... but....

I put another thirty minutes on it, same problem. Dealer said "not sure". More time passes, and dealer says brake master cylinder is sticking. They ordered a master cylinder. I've finally got it back at the end of summer, and it seems to be ok. I've put a few hours on it, and it's still running. The entire summer my Mechron has sat waiting for parts, or mechanics from my dealer.

I will send my experiences on ordering options/accessories from my dealer on another post. I'll give you the readers digest version. Slow to get, some missing screws/caps/any documention.

One more thing... the seat is coming apart (vinyl). Dealer has been telling me for 2 months, they are waiting for Kioti's response if it's covered under warranty, I am a huge fan of Kioti tractors, having used one, and seen a neighbor use his over several years. I was looking to buy a new Kioti tractor when I saw the Mechron 2200. As of now, I have not purchased a New Kioti tractor based on my Mechron experiences.

Hi

Here is more detail. Mechron was hard to start, smoked on start up, ran rough. Dealer first told me, glow it twice, fuel may have algae in it. Sold me algae biocide and new fuel filter. Fuel filter was wrong one, but I noticed leak from bottom of fuel tank, when I went to replace filter. I never used the biocide. Dealer replaced fuel tank. Took weeks to get this back.

Started and ran better, but seemed sluggish. Put a few more hours on it, and then it felt like I had it chained to a telephone pole. Engine ran, but
Mechron didn't move. Dealer took weeks to get to it, said the rear wheel bearings were "sticking". Didn't make sense to me... but....

I put another thirty minutes on it, same problem. Dealer said "not sure". More time passes, and dealer says brake master cylinder is sticking. They ordered a master cylinder. I've finally got it back at the end of summer, and it seems to be ok. I've put a few hours on it, and it's still running. The entire summer my Mechron has sat waiting for parts, or mechanics from my dealer.

I will send my experiences on ordering options/accessories from my dealer on another post. I'll give you the readers digest version. Slow to get, some missing screws/caps/any documention.

One more thing... the seat is coming apart (vinyl). Dealer has been telling me for 2 months, they are waiting for Kioti's response if it's covered under warranty, I am a huge fan of Kioti tractors, having used one, and seen a neighbor use his over several years. I was looking to buy a new Kioti tractor when I saw the Mechron 2200. As of now, I have not purchased a New Kioti tractor based on my Mechron experiences.

I've experienced sluggish acceleration, poor engine response to throttle, jerky starts from standing still. All poor quality drive-ability, particularly when trying to back out of my barn bay from initial start of the day.

I went to my dealer, soon after buying the Mechron and told him to replace the seat-it was coming apart on the right front- there was an actual tear in the vinyl. I knew it would only get worse with time. He swapped it out for one of the extras he had in the showroom that was not damaged. He had other seat bottoms that were also damaged.

BTW, I would not grade Kioti tractors by the Mechron issues you've experienced. Totally different animal, IMHO. I've owned two Kioti DK series tractors since 2009 and they were/are excellent machines. Absolutely NO comparison.

As to your issues, the algae, then rear wheel bearing stuck, then master cylinder? What the frig? None of that makes any sense to me. Do you see evidence of the brake master cylinder having been replaced? What is their logic as to why it was supposedly 'locking up'; I'm assuming that is their explanation...
Do they say this is a common replacement issue with these?
Is your machine now running like it never has before, all start, run and smoke etc. problems solved?

I can say mine has at random times seemed like something was releasing when it finally started to move, forward or reverse...
Your further reply about your machine may help me and others figure out what's up with these sluggish 'donkeys' ?!:confused3::eek:

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #27  
I've experienced sluggish acceleration, poor engine response to throttle, jerky starts from standing still. All poor quality drive-ability, particularly when trying to back out of my barn bay from initial start of the day.

I went to my dealer, soon after buying the Mechron and told him to replace the seat-it was coming apart on the right front- there was an actual tear in the vinyl. I knew it would only get worse with time. He swapped it out for one of the extras he had in the showroom that was not damaged. He had other seat bottoms that were also damaged.

BTW, I would not grade Kioti tractors by the Mechron issues you've experienced. Totally different animal, IMHO. I've owned two Kioti DK series tractors since 2009 and they were/are excellent machines. Absolutely NO comparison.

As to your issues, the algae, then rear wheel bearing stuck, then master cylinder? What the frig? None of that makes any sense to me. Do you see evidence of the brake master cylinder having been replaced? What is their logic as to why it was supposedly 'locking up'; I'm assuming that is their explanation...
Do they say this is a common replacement issue with these?
Is your machine now running like it never has before, all start, run and smoke etc. problems solved?

I can say mine has at random times seemed like something was releasing when it finally started to move, forward or reverse...
Your further reply about your machine may help me and others figure out what's up with these sluggish 'donkeys' ?!:confused3::eek:
Hi CM

Yes I do believe they changed the master cylinder. They really didn't have any logic about the master cylinder locking up. Mine still exhibits similar symptoms as yours, plus it's a shake, rattle and squeak, metallic snapping noisy vehicle. Metallic snapping is when I go over a bump. Feels and sounds like a broken front spring, or a loose bolt. I'm not sure. I got some noise reduction by tightening up the roll bar bolts. I installed the roof, glass windshield, safety kit, winch plate, front receiver, skid plate. Windshield vibrates too much in my opinion. Skid plate kit came with two pieces of plexiglass. Only found a way to mount the larger piece. Any one know where the smaller piece goes? Thanks

mmsb27,

So what is it that changing the master brake cylinder did for your Mechron. I'm having difficulty understanding what has changed for the better?
Mine does make weird snappy noises at times too, - hard to track to what is the cause. Sounds to me like chassis metal plate(s), maybe exhaust shield type metal vibrating, or similar.

It's my own theory that coupling a 3 cylinder diesel Kioti engine with a CVT transmission does not work very well at all. There is enough diesel torque, and enough HP to get the UTV moving and to do tasks; the problem seems to be related to the match between the CVT and the engine's own curves possibly being out of sync. When the CVT engages with the engine's torque one ends up with the jerky movement until one is moving at a good pace for the two to get synced.
Any thoughts on this or alternative theories?

Thanks,

CM

BTW, I'll see what I can find on the skid plate- I have one, but have not installed it yet. I have the back rollbar grid plate, with Swiss cheese holes for visibility, too and the headrests, none of which I've installed. I bought aftermarket rear mirrors too for the side bars to see behind if a car/truck is behind when I turn into my drives, etc. I did install that, and it works alright...

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #29  
mmsb27,

So what is it that changing the master brake cylinder did for your Mechron. I'm having difficulty understanding what has changed for the better?
Mine does make weird snappy noises at times too, - hard to track to what is the cause. Sounds to me like chassis metal plate(s), maybe exhaust shield type metal vibrating, or similar.w

It's my own theory that coupling a 3 cylinder diesel Kioti engine with a CVT transmission does not work very well at all. There is enough diesel torque, and enough HP to get the UTV moving and to do tasks; the problem seems to be related to the match between the CVT and the engine's own curves possibly being out of sync. When the CVT engages with the engine's torque one ends up with the jerky movement until one is moving at a good pace for the two to get synced.
Any thoughts on this or alternative theories?

Thanks,

CM

BTW, I'll see what I can find on the skid plate- I have one, but have not installed it yet. I have the back rollbar grid plate, with Swiss cheese holes for visibility, too and the headrests, none of which I've installed. I bought aftermarket rear mirrors too for the side bars to see behind if a car/truck is behind when I turn into my drives, etc. I did install that, and it works alright...
Could just be that the clutches are poorly setup. JD had that problem a few years back. There is a guy over on a gator forum that if you sent him your clutches, he would hand fit all of the components. They would come back as smooth as silk. I think the factory setup is Ok on the Gators now, but probably no where near what a hand fit one is.

Could just be that the clutches are poorly setup. JD had that problem a few years back. There is a guy over on a gator forum that if you sent him your clutches, he would hand fit all of the components. They would come back as smooth as silk. I think the factory setup is Ok on the Gators now, but probably no where near what a hand fit one is.

That could certainly be an issue, I suppose- I know diddly-squat about CVTs except my wife's Honda employs CVT technology, and it screams if you punch it. It's no slacker, and technically CVT is supposed to be much faster than a 'normal' type auto transmission.

Why would numerous CVT transmissions be set-up wrong from the factory? It's way noticeable from the get-go that something is not right, IMHO. One would think if Deere had issues with this others would have noticed the remedies? No?

arlen4720, your explanation is the first reasonable one I've heard to date, and I've inquired repeatedly about any issues with the Mechrons, and very few come forward to say anything one way or another.
This makes me feel you could be on the right track and now I might have something worth looking into further.

BTW, does a 'locked' master brake cylinder make any sense to you regarding drive-ability issues with these?

Thanks,

CM