Kioti owners - Proud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti owners - Proud? #11  
As said by most, we are defending our purchase. That being said, I have seen many times a few users blatantly push a Kioti to users that, at least in my opinion, it wouldn't be the best machine for. I don't have enough appendages to count how many times I have seen someone blindy reccomend a ck30 to someone who is primarily looking for a mowing machine and price is not much of a concern. Now, I use my CK30 for mowing, but if it was my only concern, you can bet I would own something much lighter such as a Kubota or NH. Everytime someone else mentions this (that the Kioti is not an ideal mowing machine due to weight, not to mention its turning radius isn't the greates) the poster/s who recommended the Kioti will say that "it doesn't harm my grass at all". I do no damage to my grass with my machine but that doesnt mean that their are better options, and for some people, that added weight definately will harm their grass. Not to get into a long rant here, but this is my experience and it has happened many times and mostly by a few posters. I love my machine and would suggest anyone looking for a tractor in its size range to take a look at it, but its not the be all end all solution. I think most would agree, at least it seems this way to me, that the arguing generally revolves around the ck series. Thats my take on it, feel free to disagree.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #12  
Didn't say I had a NEW tractor! Although there are still a few compacts made in the USA, but getting fewer all the time.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #13  
Personally I really like this thread, for the most part emotions have been left at the door and people are being objective. I almost posted last night but held off simply because I figured it would lead to some attacks.

I'll openly say that I have criticized many of the Kioti owners for pushing their brand when it is not appropriate, but I have a pretty solid record of suggesting it to be a good brand when it is appropriate. I do think that Noodlearm's observations are spot on accurate.

A former TBN member as actually been kicked off of TBN for his attacks when questioned about logic of some of his posts pushing Kioti. --Example, a guy specifically requested information on a tractor in the 40+hp range, and specifically stated he NEEDED both HST and a MMM. The Kioti guy pushed the DK45.
Another example, guy wants to mow the lawn on 2 acres, specifically wants a MMM. The very same Kioti guy pushed the CK30.

I used those examples simply because that guy ultimately got banned for some very offensive stuff. But there is no shortage of those examples scattered around.

There are some other issues that seem to bring up heated debate too. Price is obviously a hot button. Seems like when a legitimate poster can't save big money on a Kioti he is almost attacked and the implication is that he is a liar. Recently I asked if some of the price difference might have been simply bad negotiating skills of some buyers and was immediately attacked for even asking the question, but several Deere & Kubota owners jumped in and indicated that they didn't see any major price advantage to Kioti. And there are posts indicating Kioti to be more expensive than Kubota scattered around. But certainly the prevelant view is that Kioti is lower priced, but it is not close to a unanimous certanty. So again, that is an issue that will remain a hot topic for a long time to come.

I have posted previously on TBN and on other forums where this type of stuff is discussed if each brand has a different personality of buyer? I personally think it does. The initial post in this thread certainly touched on that very subject.

I've often likened Kubota owners to Toyota owners, they have something good, it is pretty vanilla in most ways, but it works and gets the job done and is reliable as all get out; owners of 30+hp units seem to have prior experience with tractors, below 30hp, most are on their first machine.

JD owners strike me as expecting a high level of quality, functionality and service; not unlike a Mercedes Benz; most seem to be VERY experienced with tractors.

The owners of New Hollands seem to favor specific advantages and appreciate the Swiss Army knife type versitility of their machines, and they put up with the occasional problems, not unlike VW owners, most seem to be VERY experienced with tractors, especially true in larger size machines.

Kioti owners seem to be first time owners in most machine sizes, they seem to be very price sensitive, and many seem to place a fairly low value on dealer service, often traveling 50+ miles to purchase their machine.

Obviously there are exceptions to my characterizations for every brand, these are my general impressions only.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #14  
I know you don't have a NEW tractor, didn't say you did. I see you have an 8n. I was speaking about the buyers out there looking. By the way, what brand of compact tractor is made in the USA? I remember reading about JD and their owners said they were manufactured in the USA, when in fact they are assembled here after arriving on a boat. ( Let me clarify - CUT's)

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #15  
<font color="green"> I remember reading about JD and their owners said they were manufactured in the USA, when in fact they are assembled here after arriving on a boat. ( Let me clarify - CUT's) </font>

For what it is worth, the 4x20 series are American made, not Yanmar imports, and are powered by a JD made engine.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #16  
Bob, I think one reason Kioti owners travel so far is the lack of dealers. There are quite a few in the DFW area, but most of them are at least 45 miles from me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob, I think one reason Kioti owners travel so far is the lack of dealers. There are quite a few in the DFW area, but most of them are at least 45 miles from me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )</font>

Could be, but I honestly figured there are 2 other reasons. #1) many seem like do-it-yourself types when it comes to wrenching their machines #2) many seem to travel largely to save money on the purchase, there seem to be many more posts in the Kioti forum than the other forums where people will travel hundreds of miles to save money. Goes back to the point of being very price sensitive.

Again, these are just general observations only, exceptions abound.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #18  
Now that I own a CK30hst, I don't read the other forums. I enjoy and am thankful for the learning and information received about my Kioti from other members that have more Kioti experience. I thought that is what TBN is for. A place for owners and operators to share info, no matter what brand they own. I still have my 1948 Ford 8N. It's a good tractor but has its limitations.

Maybe I don't read the posts enough to notice the one sided comments that Kioti is apparently the best. All that I've seen is price comparisons and then owners advising what their Kioti is able to do for them or particular features they like. Never saw a comment where anyone said that another brand couldn't do the same work. Some have posted about a particular feature being better than another brand but that is a personal comment and not all would agree.

Before buying my Kioti, I looked at Ford, JD, and Kubota. There are definately are more dealers for them in my area. Each comparable tractor has its pros and cons, by my opinion, which would differ from another person. If I could, I'd like to design my own tractor. I'd take all the things I liked from each and make one perfect for me but maybe most of you wouldn't like it. Again, we're back to personal preference.

There are a few things that have shown up here which I think are centered around the CK25 and 30. Tie rods being bent and dented hydraulic filters but this hasn't occurred to all owners and this isn't to say that those who have experienced this are any less of a good operator. Stuff happens but I think this is something that Kioti should redesign. But again, my opinion.

I can remember many years ago when Kubota was the tractor not to buy because it was a new brand and not built in the USA. Amazing how this idea has changed. Now, there are some who will only buy Kubota and I'm glad that they are so faithful to the brand. That's their preference.

I like my Kioti but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like another color tractor in my garage waiting for the next days work. I made a choice to buy mine on what I deemed important factors for me. My preference and my opinion.

As one of the members usually posts and I apologize for forgetting your name; Why can't we all just get along.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #19  
I know as a dealer I am proud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When you "find" a good thing you want everyone to know.
Like marrying a woman that loves to run the string trimmer /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
BTW she also thinks rotary cutters are COOL too!

Really when another person disagrees, they are calling you a liar, to an extent.
It's the same reason people get mad when you tell them their "American made" New Holland, JD etc, was made in a nice little country called Japan, Turkey, India, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Italy, China etc.
I hear people say "Look it says it's from N.Carolina".
Comments get us wound up, because you will never get to talk to those people.
We don't care what you buy, just get all the facts.
We LOVE informed buyers, if nothing else open minded.
Look at all the info and buy what suits your application best.

If you ask "other" brand owners they will brag their tractor up and down.

Kioti is the first "New kid on the block" Since Kubota.
The first to Hang on anyway and really make a dent in the market.

Kioti dealers/owners are proud because we know that deep down the units are tough as nails and we like being a little "different".
I took on Kioti after talking to alot of other Kioti dealers.
WE are "overproud" because we know that chances are the next word out of the other guys mouth will be "WHat is a Kioti", to which we say "Let me tell you......".
No one ever walks up and says..."What is a John deere or Cub Cadet or Kubota(they used to on that one).
Kioti is a company you can "Get behind" Other than the product itself everything else is "Stateside" and ran by Kioti.
You don't have to look up a distributor or anything like that.
Has a more family-like feel to it.
Good people, not perfect but very good none-the-less.
We also like more bang for the buck....and in reality if you compare apples to apples Kioti is ALOT of tractor for the money.

I know a guy that said a dealer told him they were "Industrial" Kubotas.
They aren't but they are built like it.
Not all perfect but we sorta like 'em. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go Kioti

KO

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #20  
I think the distaste for the Kioti forum is because there is more misinformation and bias comming from this group than any other. Its nothing against the brand or product, its with the individuals that make false or unresearched claims.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Kioti is the first "New kid on the block" Since Kubota.
The first to Hang on anyway and really make a dent in the market.
)</font>

This is the kinda stuff I am talking about. First, Kioti is not "first since Kubota" - there have been dozens of companies who have come and gone over the years and there will be more. The "dent" they have made in the market is in the range of about 3000 units a year - less than HALF what mahinda does and about 2.5% of Kubota's unit volume. Infact there are single dealerships who have higher yearly sales volumes and than the entire Kioti USA corp.

I've got nothing against Kioti's product, what drives me up the wall is the constant flow of this kinda stuff which is not based on industry fact. You don't see these kind of things consistantly comming from any other forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies.