Kioti owners - Proud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti owners - Proud?
Thanks to Bob for trying to bring it back to a positive and progressive discussion and thanks to CAG for a pretty good explanation as well.

Why do we get so proud and defensive of the brand? I know there are other brand owners that are equally proud, we just seem to be gathered in a bunch on TBN.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Obviously there are exceptions to my characterizations for every brand, these are my general impressions only. )</font>

Mr. Skurka,
That sums your post up quite well. Your characterizations are your opinion and in my case compleatly false. I could of bought blue for less money (there goes your price sensitive belief), This is not my first tractor purchase (there goes your first time owner belief) and I do place a value on dealer service (thats why I purchased from Mr. DePratt).
So nice opinions...false in my case however.
Dan

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #33  
Spanky8n........... I have to agree with you. I looked at NH, Kubota, JD, and others. Could have saved a few bucks with the L2800, dealer was just a bit further away. As far as traveling a long distance, I could have had a CK30HST shipped in from NC and saved a bunch including tax,(I know about the tax thing), just decided the right thing to do was buy locally and I like the dealer. Not my first tractor either. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #34  
Spanky8N . . . please go back to the original post and the question <font color="red"> So, is it a certain personality type that buys Kioti. Only the ones who want to brag up and defend foreign orange tractors buy Kioti? Why are we this way? I seem to get the feeling that others on the board are sick of us. and it seems to be getting worse, or maybe it is my perception that it is getting worse. </font>

Then go back and look at my general observations of some of the brand owners. All I did was try to answer the question. Spanky8N, you seem to obviously be taking offence to something that was not meant to be offensive. But please go and look at many posts that inquire about Kioti and you will find that the folks who talk highly of them indicate several things. I simply was posting what I have read as an answer to the question. The fact that you don't fit the mold is simple proof that it was a generalization.

Hodak . . . you also may not be a perfect fit, but let's not even compare the L2800 to a CK30. The L2800, especially the gear version, really shouldn't exist, almost every tractor on the planet out classes that machine in 10 different ways.

cag . . . you have taken all sorts of attacks from some of the Kioti owners for simply asking questions, you eventually bought a Kioti, but I think next to me, for a while you were the most hated person on these forums. That speaks well for the brand, but perhaps you could provide some insight into the personality of the Kioti crowd that would be a bit unique? Heck after you bought the CK30 you even sent me about a half dozen PMs talking about some of the personalities of Kioti owners. I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but perhaps in fairness to the original question: <font color="red"> is it a certain personality type that buys Kioti. Only the ones who want to brag up and defend foreign orange tractors buy Kioti? Why are we this way? </font>

The psychology of WHY people buy certain brands is an interesting topic, just trying to stick with it.

/ Kioti owners - Proud?
Lets all try to keep the thread at a "cool" conversation level.

I appreciate all who have tried to give a answer as to why Kioti owners seem to be the most proud.

Ask Spanky and Hodak mentioned, they did not fit into the profiles that Bob mentioned. I fit into a few-price conscious, bought from a dealer a long way away, figured I could take care of my own service (ended up needing the dealer-and my long distance dealer stepped up)and not into a few - not my first tractor, grew up on a farm been around them all my life..., don't think my Deere as a tractor compares to Mercedes in the car line(or trhat my personality as a Deere owner would fit in the Mercedes owner). That is OK Bob, I do appreciate the attempt.

The one thing that I do fit into my pride in my Kioti machine. When I had issues, I asked my dealer to price me out a NH. His response was that they break too and he would fix the Kioti and he did. I have it back now and like it better than before.

This thread shows how touchy we Kioti owners are and how touchy we have made the non-Kioti owners, as they are happy to get on the thread and fire us up. And we glady fire up defending the brand!!

There are a few other brand owners on other threads that do the same. But,(just my observation) it seems the majority of the really proud owners are on the Kioti thread.

For me, I think it is that I have found a really neat off brand(not big 3) tractor that is fun to operate. I want others to know. I think we are over anxious to tell others what we know.

I also think CAG is a great example. I remember a few not so positive posts. Now he is a Kioti owner and posts a positive response on this thread. What caused the change?

Why are we so goll darn proud of our Kioti tractors? Have we found something that other tractor owners have not?

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #36  
<font color="blue">Have we found something that other tractor owners have not? </font>

Thought for the day.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #37  
OK, if Bob's analogy isn't sticking, let's see if this works.

A tree started growing 100 years ago.
As it starts to grow, it obviously branches.
The lowest branch becomes strong and reliable. Conditions are good and it is there forever. Here is the branch where the Deere owners sit.

As the tree continues to grow, more branches emerge. Some do well, and flourish. IH, Ford, Farmall, Oliver...

Still more growth and new ones appear and too become strong. Kubota owners sit on this branch.

Over the years though, the tree changes. Some branches die off or get entangled with other branches. This = mergers or brands dieing off. People on these branches normally grab for a different (stronger) branch below them.

Now, there's relatively new branches (Kioti and other brands). Kioti (and other brand) owners of these are (to the people below them) "out on a limb". You are proud as you see that you're branch seems strong, reliable and will flourish. You voice your pride and looking down the tree at the people on the other branches you say how great it is.

The people sitting on the lower branches look up and ponder. Will the branch hold? Will it flourish or die? If it does hold, the view may be better and they may take a closer look but some may stay where they are due to comfort.

So, I think the Kioti owners are proud of their new find. But, many tout that their branch is the best. Those on the other branches do question and refute that as it's not as proven as their own.

Brian

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #38  
Except that Mahindra and Long/Farmtrac have been in this country for years before Kioti. Mahindra made tractors for MF in the 70's and Long/Farmtrac made tractors for Ford since the 70's. Long has been around since the 40's in this country in one form or another.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #39  
Why are we so goll darn proud of our Kioti tractors? Have we found something that other tractor owners have not?

IMO...........yes.

Other tractor owners........................no.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now there's a simple answer.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #40  
I think this thread has reached the end of its useful life, so I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.