Kioti Warranty Concerns

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
In the last 24 hours I have stumbled upon some threads of people who have reported that Kioti has failed to meet their basic warranty obligations. This is not the first time I have heard this as I was told by an ex dealer North of me a couple of years ago that he dropped them because of this. However, there seems to be two stories that get told about Kioti. One group is saying Kioti finds ways to void their warranty to get out of covering expensive repairs. The other group claims they have never had a problem with Kioti and when they did everything went over like a piece of cake. So something does not add up here and I would like to call into question what's going on with this from people who have had personal experience. I'm looking for truthful testimony from anyone that is in the know. Additionally, I will reference these three threads that spurred me to start this thread covering the topic again:

Please consider both sides before commenting about this.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #2  
As with any forum, opinions need to be taken "with a grain of salt" because a person's viewpoint is shaped by their personal experiences and is not always representative of the whole.

That being said, we are a Kioti dealer and you may find our opinions biased, but I will say that while we have disagreements from time to time with Kioti corporate polices etc. (as we do with all of our other manufacturers and vendors), Kioti Tractors have been and continue to be a great product for us with excellent parts & service support from Kioti to us as a dealership.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #4  
If Kioti was really that bad overall, I don't think they would make it on the top seller tractors in the 25 to 50 HP segment two years straight (2020 and 2021) in my country. It's a very tough market with a lot of brands competing, specially when we start considering European brands, Korean brands, Japanese brands and Indian brans all together.

The importer here for Kioti is Ascendum which I'm sure it helps a lot too, plus they've been offering 5 year warranty since 2020.

That being said, a CK3530 would be definitely a strong contestant in my 3 or 4 of tractors if I were to buy now, or if I could snatch a CK3520 from the leftover stock, which wouldn't have any emissions and had the good old mechanical injected engine.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #5  
My complaint with Kioti corporate is over my CK25 load cracks and my fuel rail issue. Both times when they were contacted by the dealer it was -"sorry that machine is outside of the range that they would cover" but yet it was the same problem that others got covered. It also could be that the other dealers fought more to get it covered vs my dealer (who no longer carries them due to Kioti requiring X number of models on the lot).

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #6  
ANY dealer can bust the warranty train. Further, no idea what time frame the concern is over: today, last couple of years or? Not a big fan of my dealer but they were able to work out a couple of key warranty issues with the factory: at no point did I get the feeling that anything wasn't going to get covered- and in this case I can state that the dealer managed customer service well (the shop work, in my experience, leaves a bit more to be desired).

Any manufacturer that wants to stay in business needs to built quality stuff. Warranties ought to be seen as a QA feedback loop.

There are good machines rolling off the lines and then there are bad ones rolling off the same lines. How the bad ones are dealt with determines how long the lines keep running. Good dealers are as important as factories backing up warranties. And good customers are those who understand that sometimes problems are complex and that we should be looking to work together to solve issues: any one of the these three entities can end up turning an issue into a poor story.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #7  
Well my experience with Kioti Corporate was that they had the dealer's back before mine.

The dealer I purchased my CK2510 from totally screwed up the assembly. The ROPES was on backwards two different ways, they stripped captured bolts and replaced them with smaller bolts, the BH hydraulic lines were improperly installed, etc. I reported it here:

Kioti insisted it was not a warranty issue and wanted me to take it back to the screw-up dealer. They finally agreed to let me take it to a more reputable dealer, who was then angry at me since I didn't buy it from them. He wouldn't even meet with me, but his head of service was excellent.

I would hesitate to buy another Kioti for that reason. They put the dealer ahead of the customer IMO.

My BIL on the other hand bought a LS tractor. Shortly after he had a small issue or two. The dealer immediately took it back, and fixed it under warranty. If I was buying another CUT I'd consider them.

EDIT: I should point out that I purchased my Kioti from a dealer in NYS (I lived on the NY/NJ border then) and it was repaired by Bassani Power Equip in Hamburg, NJ. It was NOT purchase here in PA.

And it took a MONTH to get my tractor fixed. Kioti did NOT back me until I started contacting the CEO and threatening legal action.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Warranty Concerns #8  
Because what you describe is not a warranty issue. What you describe is a mis-assembly issue with dealer installed items, which manufacturers don't pay for. It would be up to the selling dealer to fix their mistakes at their expense. It is not a defect in quality or workmanship covered under the manufacturer warranty for things that the dealer installed incorrectly or breaks during final assembly at their location.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns
Well my experience with Kioti Corporate was that they had the dealer's back before mine.

The dealer I purchased my CK2510 from totally screwed up the assembly. The ROPES was on backwards two different ways, they stripped captured bolts and replaced them with smaller bolts, the BH hydraulic lines were improperly installed, etc. I reported it here:

Kioti insisted it was not a warranty issue and wanted me to take it back to the screw-up dealer. They finally agreed to let me take it to a more reputable dealer, who was then angry at me since I didn't buy it from them. He wouldn't even meet with me, but his head of service was excellent.

I would hesitate to buy another Kioti for that reason. They put the dealer ahead of the customer IMO.

My BIL on the other hand bought a LS tractor. Shortly after he had a small issue or two. The dealer immediately took it back, and fixed it under warranty. If I was buying another CUT I'd consider them.

EDIT: I should point out that I purchased my Kioti from a dealer in NYS (I lived on the NY/NJ border then) and it was repaired by Bassani Power Equip in Hamburg, NJ. It was NOT purchase here in PA.

And it took a MONTH to get my tractor fixed. Kioti did NOT back me until I started contacting the CEO and threatening legal action.
Thanks for sharing.