Kioti Warranty Concerns

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #11  
Well my experience with Kioti Corporate was that they had the dealer's back before mine.

The dealer I purchased my CK2510 from totally screwed up the assembly. The ROPES was on backwards two different ways, they stripped captured bolts and replaced them with smaller bolts, the BH hydraulic lines were improperly installed, etc. I reported it here:

Kioti insisted it was not a warranty issue and wanted me to take it back to the screw-up dealer. They finally agreed to let me take it to a more reputable dealer, who was then angry at me since I didn't buy it from them. He wouldn't even meet with me, but his head of service was excellent.

I would hesitate to buy another Kioti for that reason. They put the dealer ahead of the customer IMO.

My BIL on the other hand bought a LS tractor. Shortly after he had a small issue or two. The dealer immediately took it back, and fixed it under warranty. If I was buying another CUT I'd consider them.

EDIT: I should point out that I purchased my Kioti from a dealer in NYS (I lived on the NY/NJ border then) and it was repaired by Bassani Power Equip in Hamburg, NJ. It was NOT purchase here in PA.

And it took a MONTH to get my tractor fixed. Kioti did NOT back me until I started contacting the CEO and threatening legal action.
Kioti was correct in saying that was not a warrantable issue. The issues you described are clearly a setup issue by the dealer that sold you the tractor and that dealership should be taking responsibility for it.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #12  
In the last 24 hours I have stumbled upon some threads of people who have reported that Kioti has failed to meet their basic warranty obligations. This is not the first time I have heard this as I was told by an ex dealer North of me a couple of years ago that he dropped them because of this. However, there seems to be two stories that get told about Kioti. One group is saying Kioti finds ways to void their warranty to get out of covering expensive repairs. The other group claims they have never had a problem with Kioti and when they did everything went over like a piece of cake. So something does not add up here and I would like to call into question what's going on with this from people who have had personal experience. I'm looking for truthful testimony from anyone that is in the know. Additionally, I will reference these three threads that spurred me to start this thread covering the topic again:

Please consider both sides before commenting about this.
What is your beef with Kioti? When are you going to buy a tractor instead of talking about it?

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #13  
Kioti was correct in saying that was not a warrantable issue. The issues you described are clearly a setup issue by the dealer that sold you the tractor and that dealership should be taking responsibility for it.
From somebody that has been in the equipment repair business for many years, I wish customers would sit down and read the details of their warranty. It seems a lot of people have the mentality that if they break it then warranty will fix it. And in reality only about 1% of all failures are warranty covered repairs. I don't know how many times I have had customers bring in push mowers from a box store with a blown engine and the oil at the very bottom of the dipstick and then wonder why warranty won't cover their low oil failure and then find out that the mower came with the correct size bottle of oil in the box, but they only dumped in half. So instead of 18 ounces they only added 9.

Or bring in a trimmer that they purchased a week ago with a broken bump knob on the trimmer head and the manufacturer spells out in the warranty page in the owners manual that trimmer head parts are considered wear items and are excluded from warranty coverage, and then blame it on me because I can't warranty their new trimmer.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #14  
Seems pretty clear that the problem is chiefly with people's sh!tty dealers, not Kioti themselves.

I bought my CK3510 used, private party, but still well under warranty. When it threw a check engine light / trouble-code, I humbly called my local dealer for coverage. They gladly transferred the warranty to my name for a low fee, and then promptly took the machine in, diagnosed the issue, and replaced the air control valve for free. Zero dollars out of my pocket for an expensive repair. No problems at all with getting the work approved under Kioti warranty.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #15  
The dealer I purchased my CK2510 from totally screwed up the assembly. The ROPES was on backwards two different ways, they stripped captured bolts and replaced them with smaller bolts, the BH hydraulic lines were improperly installed, etc. I reported it here:

Kioti insisted it was not a warranty issue and wanted me to take it back to the screw-up dealer. They finally agreed to let me take it to a more reputable dealer, who was then angry at me since I didn't buy it from them. He wouldn't even meet with me, but his head of service was excellent.

I would hesitate to buy another Kioti for that reason. They put the dealer ahead of the customer IMO.
This is just crazy talk, man. None of those issues are covered by a tractor warranty, which you obviously didn't read. You expected Kioti corporate to go to war with one of their own dealers, for the dealerships faults in preparing the tractor?

Let me ask you something, did you go around your sh!tty dealer, and try to ask for warranty coverage from Kioti directly? And then they DID cover you, when you took it to another dealership? And you're still upset about that?

Bad dealers do not equal a bad product. You can (and probably will) find the same exact problems from any other manufacturer with a poor quality dealership.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #16  
What is your beef with Kioti? When are you going to buy a tractor instead of talking about it?
Probably never..... apparently he likes to agitate with no dog in the game. I even went so far as giving him my dealer's phone number and he called and inquired about a Kubota that interestingly, isn't even on the market yet. He says some dealer by him has one but My dealer showed me the correspondence from Kubota and they aren't being offered for sale yet.

Not wasting my time with him again.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #17  
Here's an interesting tid bit... I have my 2004 M9 in the shop to have the new baler controls installed and the old controls removed but I've had an ongoing issue with it for about the last 6 months, the fuel cut solenoid chatters when cold starting it. every time. It starts but chatters. I bought a new fuel cut solenoid which Dennis installed but it still chatters. He's got the dash apart trying to find the issue and has contacted Kubota and opened a 'Case'. Looks like Kubota is going to pay for whatever he finds that is causing it and the tractor was bought in 2004 new from my dealer. It don't impact cold starts at all but it's irritating to listen too. How is that for 'extended warranty'... 17 years past the purchase date. Pretty much floored me.

It's in for it's 1500 hour tune up anyway. Of course I maintain it exactly on Kubota's maintenance schedule and Dennis always works on it too. Running the overhead on it is involved as in components like the steering controller and the ac compressor as well as the muffler have to be removed to gain access to the overhead, not something I want to tackle myself.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns
I even went so far as giving him my dealer's phone number and he called and inquired about a Kubota that interestingly, isn't even on the market yet. He says some dealer by him has one but My dealer showed me the correspondence from Kubota and they aren't being offered for sale yet.
Took one for a test drive this past Friday.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns
This is just crazy talk, man. None of those issues are covered by a tractor warranty, which you obviously didn't read. You expected Kioti corporate to go to war with one of their own dealers, for the dealerships faults in preparing the tractor?
What do you think he should of done?

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #20  
What do you think he should of done?
I would have addressed it with the dealer, up to the owner. If I still didn't get satisfaction, I would go to court. As many have said, this is not a problem for the manufacturer, except maybe after the fact. Might want them to know some dealer cannot put their units together.

I see a lot of times here where people go directly to a manufacturer to solve problems. There are times where that is appropriate, but usually it is better to work with the retail management.