Comparison Kubota B Series Model #'s....

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #1  

Dougw133

Bronze Member
Trying to figure out gross differences between the B2320/B2620/B2920 line and the B2630/B3030 line. I see the first letter obviously, the B series...First 2 numbers are HP...but what is the last 2 numbers? The 20 and the 30. I see the 2630 and the 3030 seem to have larger fuel tanks etc...Is it just a bigger frame and tractor? The BIG difference I see is price..The B2620 vs 2630 is a big price tag difference. I'm leaning towards a 2920 for my 10 acre property I just acquired and money IS an issue. I need the FEL and the BH..would like a snow blower too...I would use it as mower to but have a 2010 Husqvarna YTH23V42LS Vangaurd ride on mower. Only thing I can see is maybe ditching the husqvarna for 2000$ and picking up a 54 or 60" MMM.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #2  
Trying to figure out gross differences between the B2320/B2620/B2920 line and the B2630/B3030 line. I see the first letter obviously, the B series...First 2 numbers are HP...but what is the last 2 numbers? The 20 and the 30. I see the 2630 and the 3030 seem to have larger fuel tanks etc...Is it just a bigger frame and tractor? The BIG difference I see is price..The B2620 vs 2630 is a big price tag difference. I'm leaning towards a 2920 for my 10 acre property I just acquired and money IS an issue. I need the FEL and the BH..would like a snow blower too...I would use it as mower to but have a 2010 Husqvarna YTH23V42LS Vangaurd ride on mower. Only thing I can see is maybe ditching the husqvarna for 2000$ and picking up a 54 or 60" MMM.

Right. They are all B tractors. But, the "20" series are standard tractors, while the "30" series are premium tractors. The 20s have 1/4 inch valving 3 pt hitches, while the 30s have position control. The lower arms are adjustable on the 30s. And so it goes.

Of course, you pay more for the premium tractor. Take your time to see the differences and then, only you can decide whether the upgraded features are worth the extra dollars. In my opinion, yes, the 30s are worth the extras money. But, that alone doesn't mean I could justify the additional funding hit to my own wallet.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #3  
To add to BP's comments, the 1/4" valve that controls the 3 pt hitch on all of the BX and B series tractors except the Bxx30's is a smooth system for raising and lowering the 3 pt hitch. It will raise it slow or fast and is not jerky. Its deficiency is that it will not hold an implement at a set height for a prolonged period. It will drop about 3/4" in 10 to 15 minutes. For me, it is not an issue except when using a brush hog/rotary mower. Because there is only a wheel in the back, it works like a wheel barrow relying on the 3 pt hitch to hold the front up. As you mow, it will gradually sink down and if you don't bump it back up, the front of the mower will be dragging on the ground. If you mowed only with a rear finish mower, it would not matter, because it is supported on all four corners by wheels, so you just lower it to the ground and go. The Position control valve on the B3030 will maintain the 3 pt hitch at whatever height you set it at.

Besides the telescopic stabilizers and telescopic ends to the 3 pt hitch BP mentioned, the Bxx30's are quite a bit heavier framed and have stronger hydraulics than the B2x20's. Plus a few frills like tilt steering and a nicer seat. The only possible negative to me besides cost of the Bxx30's is the MMM if you wanted one is a ground contact mower. When it is lowered to mow, it's wheels are intended to ride on the ground all the time like a RFM riding under the tractor. The mowers on the B2x20's are suspended and can be set with a knob for the height of mowing. The wheels are just for anti scalping purposes.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #4  
KUGator and BPFick pretty well have it covered. I looked at the Bxx20 and did not particularly care for them for my needs. If I ever get a B size, it will be a Bxx30 for the reasons mentioned. Our ground is so hard a ground contact mower is not an issue, but for some it will cause rutting and damage in sharp turns.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s....
Thanks for the responses. Alot of clarity and good info. I'm someone who gets the model just above what I most likely need.call it future proofing or just more comfortable knowing " if I needed to, I could". I'm not sure if mmm would be the way to go for me. Perhaps a rear. Its 2 of the 10 acres that's grass. Some of it is sloped. I was also surprised to see how comparable the price was for a snow blower vs blade. Well see... thanks again for the information guys.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #6  
If you are mostly mowing open areas, the RFM is cheaper, much easier to remove or put on the tractor, you have a lot of choice of manufacturers and if there are low hanging trees you can back it in under the limbs. If you are mowing in tight quarters, around a lot of trees, near the house, the MMM is a little easier to use.

I have not operated a B3030, but it has a wider feel sitting on it than the 2920 I have which would probably make it feel more stable on sloped ground. The one time I sat on one was when I stopped at a dealership in another state. I would have to say after sitting on several tractors, I know how Goldilocks felt when she got on Baby Bears bed. So I got off before the bears showed up and was able to convince me I needed one.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #7  
There is also the B3200 which is sort of like the economy version of the B3030. It has somewhat stronger hydraulics, larger frame, tires and engine than the Bxx20's but doesn't have the "fancy" features of the Bxx30's.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #8  
Don't forget the B3300SU, which is pretty much the B3200 but with 1 extra HP and no Mid-PTO.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #9  
Agree on an rear finish mower for wide open mowing. It is sooooo civilized and really rather enjoyable, with ear protection. Cheaper, easy to mount and dismount.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s....
There is also the B3200 which is sort of like the economy version of the B3030. It has somewhat stronger hydraulics, larger frame, tires and engine than the Bxx20's but doesn't have the "fancy" features of the Bxx30's.

I guess im failing to find the "Fancy Features" It's hard to compare on the Kubota website because if you "Build my Kubota" the sheet opens in another tab, but if you go back and load another model it uses the same tab you had for the other..Im quite capable of comparing the obvious HP, size, capacities, PTO's etc..But you guys know the all the little niches and conveniences.

The 3300SU looks like a nice setup and a good base price with the FEL included. Im now leaning towards NOT getting a BH because my brother (contractor) just bought a nice mini excavator with a Thumb/grapple on it. He lives 1/4 mile down the road so it's there when I need it. That will save me some money for attachments.

I guess now that I understand the numbering system and most of the differences I should really run down what my needs are.

10 Acres mixed dense hilly, heavily wooded with 2 acres cleared around the house. I plane to extend our back yard into the tree line a little thinning out trees and removing all brush.

Main purposes:

-Mowing (which im pretty sold on rear mount)
-FEL use for snow removal, earth moving, dirt driveway maintenance etc..
-I process about 10 cords of wood for home heating and some for my family.
-The terrain is what really is pushing me beyond BX series. I live in NEPA endless mountain region and at my property its mixed rocky, heavy mountain laurel, and brush. I want this to be a good 10 year tractor, not looking to trade in every few years.

Thanks again.