Comparison Kubota B Series Model #'s....

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s....
I guess im failing to find the "Fancy Features" It's hard to compare on the Kubota website because if you "Build my Kubota" the sheet opens in another tab, but if you go back and load another model it uses the same tab you had for the other..Im quite capable of comparing the obvious HP, size, capacities, PTO's etc..QUOTE]

As a bit of help, the Kubota Canada website is set up a little different (and bilingual) - BUT you can compare machines side by side. Pick the tractor, go to specs, and there's a 'compare' tab. You can compare several machines at the same time with all of the specs corresponding to each other as you scroll down.

I like the 'build and price' capability on the kubota.com site, and the comparison capability on the kubota.ca site. Gotta use the tools available...:thumbsup:

Thanks for that info!

Does anyone know which valve the 2920 has? I was reading about 3 position and 4 position.

Im trying to get some quotes now..There is a dealer in Honesdale PA about 20 miles away called Marshall Machinery. I've seen "Messick's" on here all the time but never realized they are only 1 and a half hours away from me. Maybe I'll try them..Are they really that well priced? Quality service?

Last edited:
   / Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #22  
The 2920 has a 1/4" valve. I do not know what the 3 and 4 position you mention is in reference to.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #23  
The B2920 is a 20 series and has the 1/4" valving which means, you can bump the lever and the 3 point arms go up or down 1/4" at a time. If adjusted properly the system works well. That's the key. Properly adjusted. This is the inner slot.

Of course, using the outer slot, if you hold the lever all the way, the 3 pt arms raise or lower to their maximum up or maximum down. You control the speed at which this happens by the rotating the knob right below where your seated. You can have the arms raise quickly or slowly, depending on what you're doing.

All the 20 series have a 3 speed: Hi, Med, and Lo ranges. Unless you are traveling on a roadway, going somewhere, the Hi won't prove to be that useful for everyday work, but having the choice between Lo and Med is nice.

Hope this helps.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #24  
They are still listed on the website, so maybe they still have some in inventory like when they discontinued the B7800.

What is replacing them, I only see the B3000 offered in a cab on their website?

You cannot price configure the B3030 on the Kubota site any longer.

There are no direct replacements for the B3030/2630 (from what my dealer told me). The B3000 was introduced as a small utility cabbed tractor. My dealer isn't happy about the lost of the B3030 and he said the B3000 is a cheaper version of the B3030. They took away the position control is one feature I remember him telling me.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #25  

There are no direct replacements for the B3030/2630 (from what my dealer told me). The B3000 was introduced as a small utility cabbed tractor. My dealer isn't happy about the lost of the B3030 and he said the B3000 is a cheaper version of the B3030. They took away the position control is one feature I remember him telling me.

The dealership I went to was also not happy about losing the B3030. Position Control and the telescoping rear links are what the B3000 gives up. If a B3030 is what you really want then you have to snap 'em up while they have them.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #26  

Yeah, that is the way it was with the B7800, it was still on their site and on lots for quite some time after they stopped making it.

There are two models in the B3000, HSDC & HSDCC one has position control, extendable 3-point etc.

I think they are going to lose some sales not offering an open station. Of course there are those who say Kubota offers too many variations.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #27  
No, It looks fine... I don't know the exact number but if the scam is above $5 or $6,000 the punishment is more severe and more likely to be investigated. Ask a crook, I'm sure they know.

If you can not see it, they say it's in a shipping container or that the money has to go through a third party or if they give you the slightest run around... you might have a stupid crook. Ask for the serial number so you can see if it's stolen.

Just in case it gets deleted here's the ad...

Kubota Tractor Model 2230 - $12000 (Stroudsburg, PA)

Date: 2011-08-05, 10:38AM EDT

Kubota Tractor with 3 Cylinder Diesel Engine, 105 usage hours.
Tractor is in excellent condition, operates like new. Has been serviced annually and has all original manuals.

Includes: 60" mower deck (Never Used), 60" Plow with skids and custom hitch, Weight Box, Brush Guard, Power Take-Off, Front End Loader, Turf Tires, 4-Wheel Drive, Hydrostatic transmission

This is a package deal worth over $18,000.

Yeah I still dont think I can front for the 3030. We'll see, maybe a one will sit somewhere and i can grab it cheaper. I've seen the 5000 shipped in container scam lots before but this one seemed a little different. I emailed "the guy" and the email back is too weird. Whats weird is the English doesn't add up. Sounds like a Nigerian to me. I'm gonna screw with him some and see.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #29  
Well that news of potential elimination of the 2630 and 3030 certainly changes things up. I suppose it may be better to wait a little then...

As for markets, JD vs Kubota etc..Whatever. JD has always been the monopoly around here any ways. I own a JD riding mower. However there large models I feel are over priced and like most thinks you pay extra for name than quality. I looked at JD's and was disappointed with the plastic hoods, fenders, etc.. Featureless gauge cluster etc..Thats what made me look elsewhere. I wasn't all gungho Kubota I had my eyes on a Deere in the first place. I feel Kubota offers a better line, with better "budget" compromises that still offer features not found on the JD's.

I have been comparing the 3300SU and the 2920. The ONE thing that steers me away from the 3300SU is the fact there is no mid PTO offered..Why is that by the way? When I configure the 2920 with the FEL, R4's, and the mid pto it comes out about the same as the 3300SU standard just with the loader included. The 3030 is awesome but that is just a little too expensive for me.

P.S. Is this a scam> most likely?

The B3300su is a 'special utility' model. That means they combine the loader and tractor in a package and also eliminate a few features to make it more affordable. The B3200 and B3300su are exactly the same tractor. The B3200 is available with all the options.

As for the B2630 and B3030 being dropped from the line, I haven't heard anything about it, but I wouldn't doubt it. They are several years old now and are probably ready for an update. I remember when the B7800 was dropped. All the dealers around here were upset over that as it was one of their better selling B-series. I guess they didn't know the B3200 was the identical tractor with new sheet metal and some added features. My guess is that in a few months there will be a couple new 'premium' B-series with a new model number. Based on past history the tractor itself will probably be very similar, with a few new features and maybe a little more HP.

Got a few quotes from local and from Messick's who is 2 hours away from me. Messick's came in just a few dollars cheaper so it wouldn't be worth the drive to get it from them. We'll See.