Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent #31  
Great and informative thread.
What about a call or visit to a Kubota mechanic and ask if other tractors like this might have had a similar issue?

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent
Did you reconnect the backhoe line on the tractor back to its self?
yes I did, and since I was going on vacation I carried it to the Kubota dealer 11 days ago and when I called yesterday they still didn't know the problem.

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent #34  
yes I did, and since I was going on vacation I carried it to the Kubota dealer 11 days ago and when I called yesterday they still didn't know the problem.

This has been an interesting problem, and may be applicable to other Kubota TLBs as well. I'm glad that you decided to do that, & hope that your dealer will talk to the factory engineers and keep notes as he fixes it. This could help us all.
Thanks, & enjoy the vacation..
rScotty

This has been an interesting problem, and may be applicable to other Kubota TLBs as well. I'm glad that you decided to do that, & hope that your dealer will talk to the factory engineers and keep notes as he fixes it. This could help us all.
Thanks, & enjoy the vacation..
rScotty

Heard back from the dealer yesterday and it's not good news for me. He replaced the rubber elbow, the two O-rings and inspected the suction tube to the pump and that did not fix the problem. so digging deeper he says the pump seal was busted and that Kubota was sending him a new pump because that pump only had ten hours on it. but I will have to pay for all labor and other parts. at this point I am hopeful that this fixes it.

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent #36  
Heard back from the dealer yesterday and it's not good news for me. He replaced the rubber elbow, the two O-rings and inspected the suction tube to the pump and that did not fix the problem. so digging deeper he says the pump seal was busted and that Kubota was sending him a new pump because that pump only had ten hours on it. but I will have to pay for all labor and other parts. at this point I am hopeful that this fixes it.

I must be missing part of the story here. How can a ten year old tractor have a hydraulic pump with only ten hours on it?
How many hours are on the tractor?
rScotty

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent #37  
Will be interested to find out the root cause, I'll have first guess that the pump cavitated/starved of fluid and overheated. That's why I previously recommended getting an IR thermometer and checking the pump.

the pump was replaced when I was having power steering trouble along with the power steering controller

/ Kubota B26 blowing oil from vent #39  
the pump was replaced when I was having power steering trouble along with the power steering controller

Could the dealer have assembled something incorrectly? You don't see many Kubota parts fail on their own.

Could the dealer have assembled something incorrectly? You don't see many Kubota parts fail on their own.

at this point I just don't know, hoping to hear something soon.