Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #31  
Sorry we upset you, we'll try to to do better from now on.

I was only inquiring, but the tone of your question implies sarcasm. Using the smilies can help convey whether you are making a joke or being serious.

But I have to ask...........since this thread got your attention...............your suggestion for bradleyb would have been?

I didn't offer a suggestion for two reasons:

1) He had already made up his mind.

2) Though I have lived in the snow before, I have not used a tractor mounted snowblower. Too often people give an opinion when they have no experience about something. I have been guilty of that in the past and was trying to refrain. If you must know, my instincts tell me the 2360 would be more capable than the 1860.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #32  
I think there is actually a narrower audience here in terms of Kubota owners. I just happened to see it because it was, for the moment, the most recent in the forum and showed up on the main page. I normally only go to the Kubota forums, and thus only saw this thread by chance. The very first thread (a stickie) at the top of this forum very clearly says, "Brand specific threads belong in a brand specific forum." http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0521-brand-specific-threads-belong-brand.html The moderators usually move entire threads when you don't follow their rules. I don't make those rules, but it would be prudent to be aware that they usually do that.

Tom, you said it yourself..."I normally only go to the Kubota forum."

That is a shame. For all the information at this site you should scan ALL the forums. Just think of what you are missing.??

Of course, maybe you have nothing left to learn.?? In that case you should offer up your own expertise to help others.

Let me repeat...the OP posted in the Buying/Pricecing/Comparison forum...precisely where it should be.

Hey, it's Monday morning and I am bit cranky. Sorry.:D

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #33  

That is a shame. For all the information at this site you should scan ALL the forums. Just think of what you are missing.??

Of course, maybe you have nothing left to learn.?? In that case you should offer up your own expertise to help others.

Let me repeat...the OP posted in the Buying/Pricecing/Comparison forum...precisely where it should be.

Ha, ha, I already spend more time here than I should. I'm sure nobody else here ever has that problem. :D

Monday morning? Caffine, caffine, and more caffine!!!!!!!!!!!! :licking:

What do TBN and caffine have in common? They're both too addictive! :laughing:

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #34  
Also I wanted to share my experience in looking at the Cub/Yanmar SC2400:

Realizing that the SC2400 maps more equally to the BX2360, I have to say that both the BX1860 and 2360 outshine the Cub by a huge margin.

Price:
I was quoted 18-something for the Cub w/loader/mower/blower. BX2360 I can get in the low $17s.

Build:
The cub had a plastic hood, plastic fenders. The grab bars on the Cub felt as if they could rip out of the fenders over time. They were very flexy.

The hydraulic connectors for the FEL/blower were under the foot rest area and connected horizontally. It seems like the ends would get muddy and grassy easily.

The blower on the SC2400 seemed to be built like a freakin' army tank. I'm sure it would've done a good job. The problem here is that it was $500 more than the Kubota model. The manual chute rotator seemed very stubborn, but that could have been an installation or lube problem.

In general, the Kubota seems like you could go a long time without breaking something on the exterior. The Cub seems fragile, like the interior of my 1992 Pontiac Grand Am.

last may i got a bx2660,fel, midmount mower, 51" rear snowblower $18,000 financed free for 5 yrs. you can get discount without finance.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #35  
Ha, ha, I already spend more time here than I should. I'm sure nobody else here ever has that problem. :D

Tom....I'm feeling better tonight. I have about 6" of fresh fallen snow to blow out of my drive tonight. Seat time.

Glad you found some humor in my post.

Oh, by the way, did you notice the Mods moved the thread to the Kubota forum.!! I can't believe it.!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You win again and it simply makes me out to be a loser.:D

Carry on.....

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #36  

You are so right. I have too main hobbies in life, woodworking and tractors. Unfortunately I live in Rockland county NY, where the closest thing to a tractor you see, is what they sell at Home Depot.

I am very grateful for sites like TBN and Lumberjocks and the people who join them. Nothing is more enjoyable to me, then talking to nice guys with similar interests.

Can you imagine going through life without ever owning a tractor!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #37  

I usually will read some of the other brand forums but almost never post in them. Since I don't own one I would not want to give misinformation about a different brand or turn a thread into what's better about my choice.

I also avoid the general tractor question forum as I can only answer Kubota questions and often read where someone post something incorrect. I really don't like to point out others mistakes. We all come here because we like tractors and using them. It's hard to tell if the person doesn't mind being corrected or if they took it personal.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #38  
Check your insurance. I just purchased a BX1860V, fine cut MMM, Disc Harrow, 203 FEL, And 48in box scrape. My homeowners agent took one look at the Kubota ins policy and told me that she could NOT come close to the coverage for the small expense. The Kubota includes theft off your property, transport and ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, as well as flood coverage. Reconsider that coverage! I am not employed by anyone from Kubota, i just don't want you to make a mistake!

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #39  
Check your insurance. I just purchased a BX1860V, fine cut MMM, Disc Harrow, 203 FEL, And 48in box scrape. My homeowners agent took one look at the Kubota ins policy and told me that she could NOT come close to the coverage for the small expense. The Kubota includes theft off your property, transport and ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, as well as flood coverage. Reconsider that coverage! I am not employed by anyone from Kubota, i just don't want you to make a mistake!

Yeah, I took it myself. You just can't beat it for the price. I think I pay $20 a month, and thats for a B26. Thats about equal to a cup of coffee at Starbucks once a week. How do you say no, and yes it covers your machine for pretty much anything, anywhere.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #40  
I usually will read some of the other brand forums but almost never post in them. Since I don't own one I would not want to give misinformation about a different brand or turn a thread into what's better about my choice.

I also avoid the general tractor question forum as I can only answer Kubota questions and often read where someone post something incorrect. I really don't like to point out others mistakes. We all come here because we like tractors and using them. It's hard to tell if the person doesn't mind being corrected or if they took it personal.
If I make a mistake, please point it out.

I don't think I made a mistake in Bradlyb's case because of the overall circumstances. Although the 2360 is a more capable machine...........Bradleyb gave no inducations of intentions on moving (where more machine might be needed). Therefore the 1860 is justified in this instance.