Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?)

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #11  
Mkoehr, if you get this figured out, please post the solution. I've got a BX22 that does the same thing and have yet to figure it out. I've seen several threads on this same issue with the BX tractors on several different forums but no one has posted a solution to it yet. I've adjusted valves, checked for blown head gaskets, replaced filters, used Power Tune, drained the fuel tank completely.....still i have the problem. Its been back to the dealership and they cant figure it out either. I do know it happens more in the summer months than in the winter months.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #12  
My BX2200 has 550 hrs and just started doing this same thing. Completely loses power and sometimes stalls out. I'm changing the filters tonight and hopefully that's it.

I also developed an oil leak up under the steering wheel. Not sure if it's a seal, fitting or hose going to the steering. I'll be digging through that one tonight to.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #13  
My fuel problem was traced to a pinhole leak in the rubber line...

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #14  
The fuel should more or less pour out when you take the fuel line loose. I'm betting a clogged filter again. The filters are pretty puny on the BX. Someone had a recent post where they installed a Racor filter set up, which usese a much better filter and water seperator. I've had my rear filter plug up 3 times in the last 5 years. I've never figured out if it was from fuel gelling or just dirty. I even cut open the filter twice and it didn't look that bad, but like you say, just a slow trickle was coming out, but it should be a very steady flow.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?)
Round two.

Took off my skid plate this evening and pulled off the fuel line from the first filter, and as I eased off the clamp, I had a nice flow of fuel. This should rule out a blocked tank. This really only leaves a blocked fuel filter as the culprit. This filter probably only had less than 20 hours on it, which seems really short. But who knows, maybe I got a lot of condensation in the tank over the winter.

I bought a racor filter which I'll hook up in place of the first fuel filter tomorrow and see if this doesn't solve the problem.

More updates tomorrow after I put in the new filter.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #16  
I think you are on the right track... process of elimination.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #17  
There is a miracle product called "Sea Foam." If you have a bad fuel or water issue, dump some of this stuff in your tank. It works with both diesel and gas.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #18  
I plan on running my tractor this afternoon moving some dirt. This will be after draining the tank a 2nd time, 2 new filters and fresh store bought fuel. I plan on having the tools with me to immediately pull the hose from the output side of the secondary filter to check flow from the electric fuel pump to see if its failing when it gets hot.

I'll post what I find.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?)
Problem solved.

Replaced first fuel filter with a racor 120as. As I was 'priming' the filter (letting the bowl fill up with fuel from the hose from the tank) I noticed some fine white particulate in the fuel. Don't know where it came from, but obviously it clogged the fuel filter after only 10-20 hours of use.

The clear bowl on the racor will let me keep an eye on things.

With the new filter in place the fuel is running strong out of the second filter to the engine when I pulled it off to check.

I guess it only takes a tank or two of cloudy diesel to gum up the filter.

Thanks for all the input!

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #20  
Glad you were able to pin it down...

Some have said the particles are corrosion from the fuel sending unit...

At least I read it somewhere.