Is this a scam? Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #31  
tractortime,

It's very hard for me to believe that the dealer can't distinguish between new and demo! New is NEW (NOT used) and demo is ALMOST NEW (SLIGHTLY used). I sure don't need a bright light to see this one!!! He knows what he's doing and more than likely needs to move that MMM. He did'nt expect you to 'drop-in' and catch his hand in the cookie jar. Take your business somewhere else while he wipes the crumbs from that hand. After all, you're probably not the only one he's doing it to. I sure would'nt want him to service anything of mine......TRUST IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Ken

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #32  
You've got many responces to mull through so here's mine! I disagree with many that say stand firm and either get the new or a lower price. This IS a bad dealer. You are buying a long term product. If you can get the same deal with a different dealer... I would do it. Even if you got "Mr. Shady Deal" to come down a little, do you want to EVER deal with him again?
I feel for ya, stuff like this is just plan wrong. Go with a dealer you can be happy with. GOOD LUCK.
Guy

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #33  
If the dealer will lie to you about a little thing he will DEFINITELY lie to you about big things.

This is a clear case of a Deceptive Trade Practice. As someone else mentioned here in the Republic of Texas we have the DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practices Act) which provides for treble (3x) damages. He's guilty, he has to pay for 300% of the mower cost PLUS all attorney and court costs.

If we knew something about you (fill in your [censored] bio!) we could give you much more help. Don't ask people to give you advice and info and expect the BEST replies when you can't even volunteer what state you're in.

DO NOT take delivery of the used mower, even as a "demo"
pending the real mower arrival. Your acceptance of the demo unit is a tacit approval of the sale and the dealer (who we already don't trust) can claim that you signed for the delivery and accepted it as-is.

Tell us who the dealer is so we can all avoid him.

If you're intent on trying to work the deal with this dealer mention Tom Martino and the fact that you're a member of a BBS with THOUSANDS of members and by all means inform the BIG ORANGE MOTHER SHIP that one of her children is slinging caca on her good name.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #34  
Do you think that "tractortime" might be related to "winger"?
Do you remember the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=133428&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Dealer Pains !!!</A> thread posted last month?
Do you think we're being strung along here?
I have a hard time getting worked up about someone who is posting incognito. No bio info on either one.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #35  
<font color=blue>Tell us who the dealer is so we can all avoid him</font color=blue>

I agree, PLEASE tell us which dealer it is. Maybe someone else has has dealings with him. Or maybe it is just a bad sales person/manager at that dealership. Maybe I missed it but did you say you talked to the owner?

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #36  
Now in my opinion your blowing smoke. If you don't want to deal with that dealer then take your money elsewhere. Call the area rep about what happened Simple as that. The dealer is not going to take a chance of loosing his Kubota line over something like that. If all your interested in is legal stuff then I have no time for you anyway. You might be mad but stop and think about it. In my eyes dealer mistake yes////scam no.

At delivery time, if the deck was indeed as bad as you say then you would have noticed it and not taken delivery. But I bet after they had done the prep on the deck you would have never known the difference.

You have already been given some very good advise from alot of the posters. With that you should be able to make a rash decision on which way to go. Either get your money and walk or strike another deal with the dealer. End of story.

this is the last post I'll make to this thread
Gordon

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #37  
I'm thinking you're right.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???
Thank you to everyone that took the time to read my very lengthy upset post. And for responding. I read each and every one several times. I am not quite as upset any more as I was the other day. We have cancelled the deal as others suggested. Being that the trust was definately broken there! I do believe that we should have been informed tht we were either going to be given a demo or a used mower rather than new as stated on the signed contract. Anything other than "New" was under handed. Especially the round about way that it was found out and presented to us. (used at a farm fair last year...only a few minutes on it...still new) I did speak with the manager and I also spoke with the district manager of Kubota at the Eastern region office. Surprisingly my call to him was made after the manager of the selling office had placed a call and covered his rear about what the deal had entailed. Therefore, the the district manger was the least bit surprised and felt that since we were getting our money back the matter was settled. I mentioned how Kubota tractor corporations' promise is suppose to handle each customers' transaction with integrity and value. Needless to say...I'm moving on...PS...I'll Post what state I'm in once the check clears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #39  
Well as you can see the Kubota company was not much help. This is because they still consider this mower new even though it has been a demo for a few minutes, hours or acres. The manufacturer does not consider this item as used or sold until they have a warranty form in there hand saying it was sold. Now from my stand point as a dealer I would question that dealerships integraty.. Whenever we have a demo piece of equipment we are always up front with our customers and tell them this. We give them the option DEMO at xxx amount of dollars or NEW at xxx amount of dollars customers choice. The same as this dealer should have done for you. Unfortunately you came across what I like to call the bottom 1/3 of dealers those who take advantage of there customers whenever possible without regrads to them or there feelings. There are many more of these dealers out there than you realize I have worked for 2 in my state before I got my own dealership and there are not that many dealers in my state to begin with, even with all the brands combined.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???
Spencer...I wish you lots of luck with your dealership. I wish I would have come to your place first. Nice to know that there are honest dealers out there. Sure was... and is... a sad thing that had to take place. We were very excited about getting the tractor...much like all the others that can't wait for delivery day. I feel bad for the sales guy that got the deal. He was a young guy. But hopefully they learn that they can't play the consumer like that in the future if they want to make commissions. Honesty is the best policy. Best Wishes