Is this a scam? Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #41  
Never could understand people like that, Spencer. It was sorta the same way with my air tool repair business. I frequently had used parts on hand for air tools that I knew would work as good as new, and since they were internal parts, the customer would have never known the difference, but I just wouldn't do that. I'd call the customer and tell him I had used parts that would cost $xx or new for $xx more; same warranty either way. I don't think I ever had a customer opt for the new parts if I had used ones cheaper with the same warranty. Actually, it ain't just honesty; it's good business sense. The customer got out cheaper, and he came back when he needed something else.

A little lesson I learned as a teenager from my Dad when we opened an auto parts store. A customer came in and asked for a new generator for his car. And we could have sold him a generator, made a good profit, and he'd have been happy (that's what he asked for), but Dad asked, "What's wrong with the old one?" Customer didn't know, of course. Dad looked at it and told him all it needed was a set of brushes, and sold him the brushes. After the customer left, I mentioned that we'd have made a lot more money selling the generator he asked for, and Dad said, "Yep, but we'll make more money this way 'cause he'll be back and tell his friends." How true!

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #42  
By golly, you know,you're right. Have'nt heard another word of ole "winger" now have we?

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #43  
Thats the way it should be bird! I totally agree with your dad's ideas here.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #44  
Tractortime:

Of all the items stated in your message, the Manager & Salesman's response made me irate. Bottom line: You spend tens of thousands of dollars, and that alone should demand respect. Money is power, and if you want to make a point, get your money back! See how quickly they respond when you demand a refund. Try flexing your financial muscle...

Joe R.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #45  
Oh thanks! but we have been at it for ten years with very few unhappy customers. smiles /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif are much better than sad faces /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #46  
Hmmm, you guys could be right. If this is one big troll, it's working.
Regardless, I would say that at the next dealership tell them you've had a problem with the new/demo issue in the past and give them only a 10% deposit at first and the remainder when it's delivered to your satisfaction. It may make sense to have your husband sit in on the negotiations while you make the deal.
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #47  
In the past, most tractors were sold to farmers. It was common for dealers to bring a new tractor or attachment out to the busy farmer for a few days of use. This stuff was designed to last 30 years so a few hours didn't mean anything to anybody. The dealer took an interest in his customer's needs - and if the sale didn't go thru, the next person understood the situation perfectly (and could expect a demonstration too).

But now tractors are more of a consumer product. And unfortunately some buyers are so interested in wringing the last dime out of the deal, or sueing somebody or otherwise prevailing that the point of the purchase gets lost in the shuffle.

Money is one kind of power - can be used to coerce. But it's a pretty unimaginative way to relate to people. If you think your dealer was dishonest, then turn the page and find a different one. If it could have been a legitimate difference in outlook, forget it and focus on the new toy.

BTW - if the blades were dinged up, they owe you new ones. But grease is usually evidence of good care, not abuse.

my 2 cents. Take care, Dick B

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #48  
I have really become addicted to this forum, usuallyas a quiet observer, but, this thread got me to respond.

How many of us have asked for a demo, demanded the best price - down to the penny, unknowingly attempted to keep the dealer from making an honest profit without ever thinking about what is the dealer going to do with all the various demo-ed equipment. When delivery time comes, we want new - never scratched, never used, polished and shining.

If the dealer was dishonest, that is intolerable. Delivery of a demo-ed unit should always be communicated prior to the deal being completed ( money changing hands). The consuming world has too many folks wanting all the benefits, everything in their favor - but no responsibility. I am not suggesting that that is part of the original post, I am saying as a business owner, there is often only a one-way door.

How long will the deck be new if you get it out of the crate? My JD 790 came with battery acid all over the front end of the tractor. I did not see it when delivered because I was not "there" at the time. When I called the dealer, he apologized and asked if they could come and get it immediately. Within 24 hours, they located another new tractor and delivered it with a new hat and many apologies, even though I had offered to accept the other unit with some discounts for repair and repaint.

My 1st attempt to purchase this tractor was met with a dealer who used the tractor that I had agreed to purchase for 6 hours on the meter - more than the 2.5 hours at time of the deal. Bridgestone tires were swapped for Titans. I did not accept delivery, called and explained my concerns to the salesmanager. His response did not seem acceptable to me and I thanked him for his time and politely told him that I would seek another JD dealer. End of story - except to say that the 30 miles I drive now is worth it, seeing the difference in attitudes between dealers. Dealer #1 is no longer a JD dealer either.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???
Grant and others refrencing some big troll??? May I ask what it is that you guys keep trying to refer to? It seems as though my post about my troubles has left you with some sort of doubt? Is it because I have not posted my member bio as of yet? I am a new member as of just recent weeks. Maybe 4 at the most. I didn't think lurking and educating myself here needed a profile.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #50  
tractortime,
I believe that they are talking about a thread from a while ago <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=133428&Search=true&Forum=buykubota&Words=Dealer%20Pains&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=133428/>Dealer Pains</A> by a gentleman named Winger who was having a similar yet differant problem with his Kubota dealer.
We have yet to hear back from him as to how he made out.
Please do not feel that there was any derogatory referance towards you. I honastly do not believe that was anybodys intention