Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #21  
On flat lawns I have yet to bog the mower down at a brisk place. Going uphills in high grass will bog it down at my normal fast speed. Mulching leaves in the fall with the discharge gate closed is a slow speed job only.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #22  
The (now discontinued) ZD1511 was a mechanically injected, dpf equipped machine that was very problematic for Kubota.
I have two ZD1511 72 inch SD decks & love them.
I had to have one reprogrammed to a newer calibration but hadn’t had any issues since.

I think the ones that gives trouble is ones that l are only ran short periods of time.

The 4cyl Turbo is so much smoother than the 3cyl & more torque.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #23  
Funny, I thought that would be an improvement, too.

My ZD 331 has the separate tanks as you well know.
I guess Kubota eliminated the twin separate tanks as a cost cutting measure? That eliminates the “low fuel” warning light and sender for the reserve tank and the valve to switch the tanks.

My brothers Kubota with the switch valve doesn’t work right. I’ve not looked at it and he’s not very handy. His solution is just use one tank. My grasshopper only has one 6 gallon tank but that gives pretty good runtime with the Kubota diesel. Maybe you couldn’t mow 8 hours straight but between transport time and string trimming the mower never runs out of fuel in one day. My old Dixie chopper had duel tanks with just a T in the line. As long as you keep the tank vents open they would suck even. Is there any downside to that setup?

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #24  
No, in fact I’d prefer the newer setup

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #25  
I like the 1211 setup, I just wish both tanks had fuel gauges.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions
Found a nice, clean ZD1011 with only 85 hours so I bought it. Fellow is bringing it early next week after the holiday traffic dies down.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #27  
@DenisM what hp is the lil ZD10 ?