Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #11  
Re: Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

I actually just replaced one of the loader hoses on my L3200 this year. It is a 2012 model - never in rain and right around 200 hours. It was weird - there was a hole in it that just squirted fluid out. I don't know if a mouse bit it, something poked it or what but the hose overall looked absolutely fine (as do the others). Weird. Also have a 2010 B2320, 2012 BX1860 and a 2013 M5640 and not another hose busted. It was only $20ish so I didn't fuss too much about it.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #12  

Hydraulic hoses can and do fail. External stresses on the associated cylinders can make them fail. Abrasion can make them fail. I have owned tractors for about 25 years, I haven't ever had one fail, But I know they can and do. I follow the inspect and replace if necessary theory. Or if oil is squirting out of one of them then a replacement is surely called for. I sure as heck am not going to replace a perfectly good 2 year old hose.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #13  

This might be a good place to mention that you do not want to locate your fingers or any other body part over a "squirting" hydraulic hose. Remember, that fluid is under high pressure. If you have ever seen the photo of the (amputated) hand that was over a hose when it burst, you will never forget this warning. Maybe use a piece of cardboard, if you must "test" for a leak, but...

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #14  

This might be a good place to mention that you do not want to locate your fingers or any other body part over a "squirting" hydraulic hose. Remember, that fluid is under high pressure. If you have ever seen the photo of the (amputated) hand that was over a hose when it burst, you will never forget this warning. Maybe use a piece of cardboard, if you must "test" for a leak, but...

Yep, and if you have the inclination to see them... well click below. But it is NOT pretty.

hydraulic hose leak injuries - Google Search

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #15  
   / Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #16  

Ouch...man, those will NOT just buff out.

Rather gruesome aren't they? But if they help keep someone safe by remembering these injuries, then I thought it worthwhile to post.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #17  

kubota is putting really silly things into the manual i just really dont understand it. on bx24 they say remove ballast when using bh.say what ?! on the 60 inch mmm on the bx24 it says to replace the seals on gearbox every two years. i even asked this question on this forum.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #18  

If you store it inside and don’t use it all day everyday, don’t worry about it. I have never replaced a hose until it fails unless it look worn. Even then, a perfect looking hose can fail at any time. That said unless you have “crane type” cylinders with safety check valves, don’t trust any of them. In other words, don’t put yourself or anyone else in a place if it fails it will crush or pinch.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #19  

Another important maintenance item is to make sure you change the air in the tires annually. Over time it can deteriorate the rubber and cause tire failure when you least expect it.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #20  

If you store it inside and don’t use it all day everyday, don’t worry about it. I have never replaced a hose until it fails unless it look worn. Even then, a perfect looking hose can fail at any time. That said unless you have “crane type” cylinders with safety check valves, don’t trust any of them. In other words, don’t put yourself or anyone else in a place if it fails it will crush or pinch.

And when you park your tractor, lower the loader bucket to the ground...and whatever you have hanging off the 3 point hitch as well.