Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #31  
Re: Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

You should see all the hoses and stuff under the hood that Kubota's Owner Manual says to replace every two years on a M5 series. If you did you'd have $500-1000 I bet in hoses and stuff. My sons L3940 has over 1700 hours on it with all the original hoses on the loader, actually it's had no repairs just routine maintenance, knock on wood.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #32  

You ever wonder if they had a court case and these statements backfired on them for being too ridiculous?

My GR2120 says to return the dealer for fuel filter replacement. I did it myself but it did require taking off a wheel to get to the first filter. Asked my dealer what the big deal was about changing a filter and he said it was because you need to remove a tire. A problem with the book saying that is there are 2 filters, one in plain sight and one behind the tire. Since the book only says to take it to the dealer and the other filter is well hidden.....

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #33  

Replace lift cylinder hoses every two years? Is that another item Kubota has cheapened over the years? Like I hear they have with the rear remote hydraulic valves.

I haven't changed a single hydraulic hose on my soon to be 21 year old L4200 GST.

I hear ya. You're not alone. I have some original loader hoses that have to be twice that old on a tractor that has lived outside all its life..

And it occurs to me that just because those old hoses are still working and not leaking or even badly cracked it doesn't excuse them from being old. What I am saying is that although replacing the hoses every two years is ridiculous, it is just as foolish - maybe more so - to keep old hoses in use until they fail.

I think I'll take a good look at the hoses on that old loader tomorrow.
rScotty

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #34  

I've had 2 loader hoses spring leaks on my 1999 Kubota. Neither time was catostrophic. The pita is finding original fittings at my local hose guy. He didn't have the correct small style fittings available. The next hose I have made will probably have to come from the dealer I guess.

Kevin

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

I don't think I properly thanked you all years ago, so

THANK YOU!!!!

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #36  

I hear ya. You're not alone. I have some original loader hoses that have to be twice that old on a tractor that has lived outside all its life..

And it occurs to me that just because those old hoses are still working and not leaking or even badly cracked it doesn't excuse them from being old. What I am saying is that although replacing the hoses every two years is ridiculous, it is just as foolish - maybe more so - to keep old hoses in use until they fail.

I think I'll take a good look at the hoses on that old loader tomorrow.
rScotty

I have a Kuota that says to replace the hoses every 2 years also. But, I don't. I keep an eye on the condition of the hoses and replace them when they get cut, cracked, badly weathered, etc. I replaced some of the hoses at about the 20 year mark and there are some OEM hoses still in use after 30 years. It's looking like some of the hoses I replaced at 20 years are going to need it again and I'll still have some OEM hoses.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #37  

FYI - that is the exact same thing my Owners Manual said on my brand new 1982 Ford 1700. I traded it in for my M6040 in 2009. The 27 year old hydraulic hoses were still in great shape. This is the same statement in my Kubota OP Manual.

Obviously - if a hydraulic hose is damaged and no longer useable, it will be replaced. But every two years........???

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #38  

FYI - that is the exact same thing my Owners Manual said on my brand new 1982 Ford 1700. I traded it in for my M6040 in 2009. The 27 year old hydraulic hoses were still in great shape. This is the same statement in my Kubota OP Manual.

Obviously - if a hydraulic hose is damaged and no longer useable, it will be replaced. But every two years........???

They can sell more hoses that way.. :)

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #39  

Another loader hose leaked again 2 weeks ago. Luckily, when I called my dealer at 9am on a Saturday morning they were able to make me 2 hoses in about 10 minutes. Kudos to them, Birkey's Farm Store in Ubana, IL. I was back up and running in no time.

Kevin