Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #21  
Re: Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

Just lawyer speak for we don't want to be sued because a hose dry rotted and split causing the loader to drop onto the little kid who was using the bucket for pull ups. Seriously, I replace mine when they get dry rotted. After a few cracks water starts to get to the steel wires in the hose. Once that happens they rust and loose strength. I've seen them last years dry rotted but every hose I've broken has had dry rot on it. I would rather choose the time and place to make a mess than have one split when I'm in the middle of a project causing hot oil to spray everywhere. I have a cherry tree that was too close to a hose on my dozer that split. The bark sucked the oil in like crazy and almost a decade later it's still easy to see where it got soaked with oil.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #22  

Another important maintenance item is to make sure you change the air in the tires annually. Over time it can deteriorate the rubber and cause tire failure when you least expect it.

That's something I have never heard , thanks .

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #23  

I us aerospace 303 and soak hoses, tires and everything not metal and allow them to soak overnight.
Water based protects against UV rays.
Use it on trailer Rv and auto tires. Plus wiper blades serpentine belts.
Store tractor indoors whenever possible. But for those occasional night outs and all day sun basking at least you know your practicing safe tractor use by using the 303! :D

Plus should lube muffler bearing annually just in case...

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #24  

Another important maintenance item is to make sure you change the air in the tires annually. Over time it can deteriorate the rubber and cause tire failure when you least expect it.

That's something I have never heard , thanks .

I think it was supposed to be in jest.
Vintage Air

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #25  

Plus should lube muffler bearing annually just in case...

If your tractor is a Tier IV final, the bearings are lubed for the life of the DPF and simply get changed out when you replace it.

TBN needs a button that says "Reply With Sarcasm."

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #26  

Just a safety and legality thing. Nobody is ever going to do it, but always take the proper operating precautions. Never stand under a raised loader and just be aware things can go wrong if something fails.
I have blown hoses on heavy equipment and dump truck cylinders and I'll tell you......I bet it would suck on an open station tractor because fluid blows everywhere!!! LOL.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #27  

This kind of reminds me of a local contractor here. Was was very picky about all his stuff being clean and perfect. So everything had to be parked in his garage when not being used.
I went in there one day and was horrified to see large 5 yard or so loaders, and excavators with the boom and buckets up in the air over truck cabs and hoods so that everything could fit in the garage.

I thought, man, if something ever fails.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #28  

My owners manual says the same thing. Recommendations from when hydraulic hose was really crappy or its a CYA statement.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #29  

Replace lift cylinder hoses every two years? Is that another item Kubota has cheapened over the years? Like I hear they have with the rear remote hydraulic valves.

I haven't changed a single hydraulic hose on my soon to be 21 year old L4200 GST.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #30  

If your tractor is a Tier IV final, the bearings are lubed for the life of the DPF and simply get changed out when you replace it.

TBN needs a button that says "Reply With Sarcasm."

heh...:D:laughing: yeah forgot to use the /s tag but really, that one is so old didn't think anyone would ever fall for it....:laughing:

although the replace with DPF filter was great.....!