Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face?

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #1  

Rdrcr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST 4WD w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), Cub Cadet Pro Z 560 S KW (Current), B2601 Kubota (Sold), E170 John Deere (Sold)
Everything that I’ve seen, read and heard had me believing the improvements and updates to the L2502 were mostly cosmetic, comfort and convenience based. But, there’s more to it than that.

The L2502 has a new updated D1703 engine and Kubota has moved and changed many items under the new hood. First and foremost, the L2502 has a D1703BM-DI-EF04 engine. The previous L2501 has a D1703-M-DI-E4B. I’ll have to investigate further to see if there’s any internal changes to the new engine but, on the outside, it has a new diesel injection pump, they’ve moved to oil indicator dipstick to the left (or drivers side) of the engine, the air cleaner assembly has been moved down closer to the battery, there is a fuse box mounting in front of the radiator, and the fuel tank is completely new and repositioned on the right (passenger side) of the engine compartment.

L2501.1.jpg

L2502.1.jpg

L2501.2.jpg

L2502.2.jpg

L2501.3.jpg

L2502.3.jpg

L2501.4.jpg

L2502.4.jpg

It even has a hydraulic oil dipstick, no more sight glass!!!

Based on my original conversations with my dealer, I was really surprised to see so many changes to the L2502 when compared to the L2501. He was too, lol.

Anyway, I’m sure there’s more but, I thought I’d share the information I’ve recently learned.

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #2  
Boy it looks like that thing got wired on a Friday afternoon and fraught with areas where friction is going to be an issue sooner than later. Doesn't even look neat/clean like I'm used to seeing.

And what the heck? Did this get nearly yanked out already? That connector is gonna get the wires ripped off the first branch that goes by. New guy on the gasket maker. Very disappointing.
1683738180680.png

Last edited:
   / Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #3  
Thanks for all the pictures.
Looking at larger frame (heavier 25 HP) tractors with a higher loader lift capacity.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face?
Boy it looks like that thing got wired on a Friday afternoon and fraught with areas where friction is going to be an issue sooner than later. Doesn't even look neat/clean like I'm used to seeing.

And what they heck? Did this get nearly yanked out already? That connector is gonna get eh wires ripped off the first branch that goes by. New guy on the gasket maker. Very disappointing.
View attachment 799826

I noticed that too. Sadly, that was all done at the factory. Dealer had nothing to do with assembling those components.

Mike

Thanks for all the pictures.
Looking at larger frame (heavier 25 HP) tractors with a higher loader lift capacity.

You're welcome.

If you're looking for the 'heaviest' new 25HP tractors with 'advertised' higher lift capacity, I believe Mahindra and TYM will be your best options...

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #7  
How much did they raise the L2502 price over the L2501? Not seeing anything that makes me wish I'd waited for the L2502. Probably still doesn't have a grab handle on the fender on the loader stick side even for what they are charging.

How much did they raise the L2502 price over the L2501? Not seeing anything that makes me wish I'd waited for the L2502. Probably still doesn't have a grab handle on the fender on the loader stick side even for what they are charging.

The L2502 is $2K more than the outgoing L2501. Shockingly enough, it does come with two grab handles!

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #9  
The L2502 is $2K more than the outgoing L2501. Shockingly enough, it does come with two grab handles!

Mike

The ergonomic changes in the 02 would have been enough for me to pay the premium, had the L2502 been out when I was buying. Instead there is a different orange here, lol.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #10  
I put a second (right side) grab handle on my L2501 and am very satisfied with the result. It is oem Kubota and was about $50. It's in the manuals for the larger L series Kubotas but it's identical to the left side one - other than the shape. Holes are pre drilled on the fender then covered under stick ons.