Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face?

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face?
I put a second (right side) grab handle on my L2501 and am very satisfied with the result. It is oem Kubota and was about $50. It's in the manuals for the larger L series Kubotas but it's identical to the left side one - other than the shape. Holes are pre drilled on the fender then covered under stick ons.

I added one to my L2501 as well. $50 sounds about right.

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #12  
So is new model really better? I don't see anything mentioned that makes it so. Maybe we will here the new engine has lessor fuel consumption or something..

^^^^
It’s just an update, a progression really. The new features are appreciated, the new price is not. The L2501 is already very fuel efficient, it would be awesome if the L2502 is more so.

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #14  
Seems like a way to raise the price on a L2501.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #15  
@Rdrcr I have the 2502 and I laterally am not finding ANY information on this new engine D1703BM-DI-EF04. I mean there is virtually nothing about it on the web.

^^^^
Correct. I haven’t had the time to dig into the specifics yet but, another member noted that very few part numbers cross over from the L2501’s D1703. This could be a coincidence, or perhaps indicate more internal engine changes than initially thought.

Mike

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #17  
Add led lights, move the air filter and dip stick… add $2k 😂

Any increased capacity? Productivity? Options that are now standard?

It’s interesting what some consider progress when it comes to price increases.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #18  
Using Kubota's translucent SUDT, I'd prefer a sight glass over a dipstick (not that I use it because I don't). I use Chevron All Weather THC full synthetic and interestingly it comes with orange dye in it from Chevron. The ONE thing I don't miss on my Kubota's (all my previous 8 had this...) is the hood mounted fuel filler which is a royal PITA no matter how you cut it. I much prefer the twin saddle tanks my M's have. Filling is light years easier but then I don't believe the smaller units have the space capacity for saddle tanks anyway. My M's both have dipsticks for the engine oil as well as the gearbox oil and what I did was I drilled 2 holes in the dipsticks (just like car makers do today). One at the low fill mark and one at the full mark and that makes it easy to see when the fluid bridges the top hole, it's full. Something that Kubota should do.

The other thing I see is, Kubota has upgraded their pre filter from a mesh filter a pleated paper filter. Good move as the new T4 final engines with common rail injection are much more fuel touchy than the older mechanical injection. In fact, the latest model large frame units are coming in with Racor Style fuel polishing units on them. I've installed 'polishing units' on both my M's and I've yet to change a spin on fuel filter since. I've also put the Kubota white nylon drop in fuel strainer in the filler necks as well. Every little bit helps. They are only 6 bucks at your dealer.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #19  
Add led lights, move the air filter and dip stick… add $2k 😂

Any increased capacity? Productivity? Options that are now standard?

It’s interesting what some consider progress when it comes to price increases.
They moved the brakes over to the left side which is a huge change. They also added a PTO electric switch/button verses a lever. But who knows yet what all really has changed. There may be very good changes that we are just unaware of yet. Although, it's also possible there are bad changes as well.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #20  
according to this, they would have different emissions...

Attachments

• engine des.jpg
    engine des.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 79