Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face?

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #21  
You're welcome.

If you're looking for the 'heaviest' new 25HP tractors with 'advertised' higher lift capacity, I believe Mahindra and TYM will be your best options...

Mike
... and lift capacity is more important than you might think. I believe many newbies will look at lift capacity and think of how many things they may want to "carry" at that weight and in up settling for a smaller capacity. But lifting capability plays a BIG role when you are using a front-end loader. With my 2501, I'd level the loader and put it on the ground and slide it into a pile of gravel/rocks and then try to lift/curl. Many times, there just wasn't enough capability to do this and you'd have to back up a bit to ease off the pressure/load so the damn bucket would lift. Mind you, the resultant weight in the bucket was under the max spec but in doing the work to load the bucket, you often want more capability to work smoothly and efficiently. Kioti, Mahindra, and TYM often spec much larger lift capabilities and I believe (if true) would make them easier to use with FEL work.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #22  
One of the good changes to the gear drive was adding syncro's to the shuttle shift, the one I drove shifted great, It looks like they are trying to use as many common parts between the l3302, the l2501 used many of the parts from the l3200 and l3400, but the engine is a mystery as I see very few parts cross over to anything else

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #23  
I'm surprised they haven't moved the fuel fill from the top of the hood. I guess they must expect everyone to shell out for a tank with a pump like 5030 has.

I took a hard look at the 4701, but just couldn't see paying more for that than my 574. I haven't seen enough about the 4802 to think it would have made a difference.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #24  
The fuel fill on the hood is something I was set on avoiding.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #25  
The fuel tank on top of the hood of my L2501 is tall enough that I have to use a step ladder to pour fuel from a container into it even though the L2501 isn't that big of a tractor. The placement of the transmission and hydraulic filters under the operator's platform is also a worry that caused me to make guards to protect them from damage. Factor in Kubota's pricing, and it's hard to ignore how much more tractor TYM is offering for about the same money.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #26  
Other than adequate room on the underside, I see no reason why ALL tractors, big or small don't have low mounted fuel tanks. I 'lived' with the hood mounted filler on 8 Kubotas and once I got into the M series, I'd never go back to the hood fill crap. I consider the hood mounted fuel filler an abortion now. Having said that I also much prefer the 'dairy farm' style low exhaust pipe exit as well, which is actually an option on ALL Kubota's with a hood stack,

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #27  
Other than adequate room on the underside, I see no reason why ALL tractors, big or small don't have low mounted fuel tanks. I 'lived' with the hood mounted filler on 8 Kubotas and once I got into the M series, I'd never go back to the hood fill crap. I consider the hood mounted fuel filler an abortion now. Having said that I also much prefer the 'dairy farm' style low exhaust pipe exit as well, which is actually an option on ALL Kubota's with a hood stack,
I agree. The hood fill isn’t the best design. But with my fuel caddy and hose it’s a non issue.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #28  
I also 'like' the fuel capacity of the saddle tanks, in my case, 30 gallons. Less filling them up and both my M's are very frugal on fuel usage as well. Never calculated it but it 'seems' to be just fine. I especially like the low mount filler. Ai my age I really don't want to be reaching high up to fill fuel tanks. Of course that does require a 'lift pump' to get the fuel up to the injection pump as the fuel is below the level of the pump or filters themselves.

/ Kubota L2502: More than just a pretty new face? #29  
I do wish my 4820 had a fuel capacity greater than 11.8 gal though.