Kubota L3240 vs L3800

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #11  
As far as maintenance is concerned, what should I be looking for when I go check it out? is there any weak points on the 3240 that are prone to fail?

None that I know of. But I have never owned one.. Perhaps some current owners can help here. Make sure all 3 filters oil, hydraulic and hydrostat are NOT grey in color. They should be white indicating they are not the original filter (grey) and have been changed as the guy stated. Look for leaks, look for bent things on the 3pt etc.

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #12  
The last used tractor I bought, I got all the maintenance records which made me more comfortable.

I'm not aware of any weak or problem prone areas. My previous GL had 1400+ hours and ran like a new one, the new owner was tickled to death to find it.

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800
James, the L3800 did not include the SSQA on the bucket. I guess that's the quick release on the bucket right?

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #14  
James, the L3800 did not include the SSQA on the bucket. I guess that's the quick release on the bucket right?

Yeah, it stands for skid steer quick attach. It makes it so you can change between the bucket, pallet forks, a grapple, anything they make for skid steers, which is a lot of implements. It's also super handy to take off the bucket for improved visibility, mobility, and reduced weight. Taking off the whole loader is better, but it only takes about 20 seconds to drop the bucket, and sometimes that's all you need.

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800
Gotcha! ok well the L3240 is sounding better and better, lol, as long as the tractor checks out just fine, it will probably be the one I go with. thanks for all the advice and comments! great site!

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #16  
Yeah, it stands for skid steer quick attach. It makes it so you can change between the bucket, pallet forks, a grapple, anything they make for skid steers, which is a lot of implements. It's also super handy to take off the bucket for improved visibility, mobility, and reduced weight. Taking off the whole loader is better, but it only takes about 20 seconds to drop the bucket, and sometimes that's all you need.

Yes, I didn't get it with my L3400hst, and I added it later. It cost me about $1000 bucks to add later.. It is cheaper to buy it already equipped new.. I don't see how people get along without forks at a minimum and a grapple is sure great to have. I have both now, and you WILL want them sooner or later. By the way check and see if the L3240 had any rear remotes installed. They would be a bonus..

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800
yea I will want to eventually get a grapple as I have some land I want to clear. The 3240 I'm looking at has the LA514 loader on it, I guess they come standard with the SSQA?

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #18  
yea I will want to eventually get a grapple as I have some land I want to clear. The 3240 I'm looking at has the LA514 loader on it, I guess they come standard with the SSQA?
They don't come standard with the SSQA.The LA514 is the lesser of the two offered for the L3240,I had the LA723(LA724 I think was the upgrade to the L3240).Lesser meaning less lifting capacity.
Double the loader # roughly is your lifting capacity.I.E. 514=1028lbs. 724=1448lbs.You still will like this tractor.

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #19  

Not neccessarly, but most of them were ordered with SSQA because of the class of tractor they are, but the only way to be sure is to look. Two nice gray handles up front on the "tool carrier" right behind the bucket.

/ Kubota L3240 vs L3800 #20  
The 3240 appears to be the better deal. I think $23k ($23,600 with SSQA) for an L3800, box blade and brush cutter is pretty crazy. You can get a lot more tractor for that kind of money.