Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #11  
I imagine you already found the Bobcat competitor comparison page for the CT235 here:

Build and Quote - Select Base Model - Bobcat.com

Although it compares the CT235 with the L3400 I found the Bobcat comparison charts useful when I was buying my DK35 (ie. Bobcat CT335, which compares with the Kubota L35xx line). I went with Kioti over an L3540 because I got a good deal with the "free loader" event they occasionally run, and because I was also dealing on a demo CT335 with 10 hrs.

I think the CT235 line falls somewhere between the Kubota L3x00 and L34xx lines.

If you are getting a loader, Quick Attach is a great feature. I'm not sure if the CT235 has Quick Attach. It is an option on both the Kubota lines.

I think they are all good tractors with Kubota having a clear edge on dealer network, brand recognition, and ease of resale. That said, I personally know my Kioti dealer and that cancelled (for me) Kubota's advantage in that area. Also, my tractor will outlive me so resale was not a big consideration. :)

Good luck in your search.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #12  
Both Kubota and Kioti make excellent tractors. With Kubata you get a better dealer network and resale. With Kioti, at the same price point, you get a heavier tractor with more standard features and longer warranty. Kubotas are better for finish mowing as they are lighter. Flip side is that Kioti has the advantage for ground engaging tasks because they are heavier.

I owned a CK20 and worked the little beast hard for 200+ hours before trading up. I now have a DK40se with 300hrs. I love both. I know the CK35 is same generation design as the CK20 and is excellent. Only knock IMO is that with all that extra HP, its loader lifts only 100-150 lbs more than the CK20. If you can afford to bump up to the DK40se however, you get more than twice the loader capacity and a much larger tractor with new generation technology. The equivalent Kubota pricewise (?L3540) will not have nearly the size or loader capacity but has a newer generation HST.

If you have a lot of work to do, get as large a frame tractor as you can afford.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?
Also looked at the DK 40, my concern is size, the DK 40 is just that much bigger, and I have some tight areas to get into. I do like that the FEL on the 40 handles a lot more weight, if someone has used the CK with comparison with DK what is the maneuverability like with it?

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #14  
Vanislander said:
Hi Roger, I have looked at the Kubota l3800 again at the dealer yesterday. They did not have the l3140 in stock. I had asked about it and it was a substantial premium for that model with less HP. I wanted to drive the l3800, the only hst model they had was a bare tractor and he could not get it up the gravel hill to let me try it even in four wheel drive, the tractor had no extra weight for traction. I wasn't impressed.
So I went to the Kioti dealer and drove a CK30. It had the fel on with no extra weights and I drove it with relative ease up and through a ditch. I must say that I do like the features on the Kioti. They did not have a CK 35 in stock as they had just sold three of them in the last 10 days. The CK27 and the CK 30 are the same configuration as the CK35, just less HP. I am wondering if I need the extra power?

There is about a 400lb difference between the kubota l3800and the kioti ck. The 3240 is a more deluxe tractor. It has the the telescopic lift arms and stabilzers on the 3PH. It is a heavier and wider tractor. It has some really nice features like auto throttle advance, when you press down on the hydro pedal it increase the engine rpm which equals less wear on the engine and pump and better fuel effcientcy. It has hst+. You can change how responsive the hydro is and you have a dual speed hydro. You have 3 ranges with 2 speeds, kind of like having 6 speeds. The loader and 3Ph are also stronger. The 3240 may be more money but it is more of a tractor.

What do you plan on doing with the tractor?

The best advice I can give anybody is to try out all of the different brands of tractors and find the one that you like the best and that will do what you need. Once you narrowed it down to a specfic tractor then you need to go price shopping and dealer shopping. The dealer with the lowest price may not offer good service.

Thanks, I have looked at the bobcat comparison charts. Everything that I have looked at has the quick attach system for the fel. I don't think I sould look at anything else. How do you like your Kioti?

I have an interesting property, I want to level out some of the property by creating some terraces, so I need to bring in material for that and also rock for retaining walls. There are already buildings on the property so I need to watch my maneuvers. There is also a need to create some paths and trails. I already own an excavator, I need something to move material as well as other things that a tractor should be good at.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #17  
I have an interesting property, I want to level out some of the property by creating some terraces, so I need to bring in material for that and also rock for retaining walls. There are already buildings on the property so I need to watch my maneuvers. There is also a need to create some paths and trails. I already own an excavator, I need something to move material as well as other things that a tractor should be good at.

Are you going to be doing any pto work?

Possibly in the future, nothing immediately.

Eventually a bush hog and post hole auger, but that's down the road.