Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #21  
Vanislander said:
Eventually a bush hog and post hole auger, but that's down the road.

Any of the tractors mentioned should pull a 5ft easily and maybe a 6ft bushhog.

Have you looked a john deere yet? Something like a 3520.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?
Thanks, no I haven't even considered a Deere. I wasn't planning to. When I looked at their website, their product didn't have anything that jumped out at me, so as to pay a premium price for. For me the contenders are Kioti and Kubota. I looked at TYM, but the dealer said he was having problems getting tractors and or parts. So I will shop and compare these two orange machines.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #23  
Vanislander said:
Thanks, no I haven't even considered a Deere. I wasn't planning to. When I looked at their website, their product didn't have anything that jumped out at me, so as to pay a premium price for. For me the contenders are Kioti and Kubota. I looked at TYM, but the dealer said he was having problems getting tractors and or parts. So I will shop and compare these two orange machines.

Dont go by the msrp price you can get a tractor cheaper than that.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #24  
Vanislander said:
Also looked at the DK 40, my concern is size, the DK 40 is just that much bigger, and I have some tight areas to get into. I do like that the FEL on the 40 handles a lot more weight, if someone has used the CK with comparison with DK what is the maneuverability like with it?

There is no doubt the 40 is bigger than the CK35 but width is not as noticeable as length. Unless you are maneuvering between closely spaced trees or right up against a building the added size of the DK40 is not a problem. I do everything I did with the CK20 except mow close to the house.

The extra cost of the 40 is ?$3000-5000 and you get literally more than double the loader as well as other features like better 3PT and operator station. The flip side is that I could do most of the tasks with either tractor, just much faster with the 40 especially clearing land with grapple etc.

The DK40 is the bang for the buck sweet spot in the Kioti lineup. Try it before you decide.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #25  
Thanks, I have looked at the bobcat comparison charts. Everything that I have looked at has the quick attach system for the fel. I don't think I sould look at anything else. How do you like your Kioti?

I think this was directed to me since you referred to my post about the comparison charts.

I am very happy with the DK35. I got it 20 months ago and am at 405 hours. I haven't had any problems. Some use such as snow clearing, finish mowing, and driveway grading is fairly light. But other work such as firewood gathering, path development and maintenance, and brush hogging is on very rough ground. Other rugged work is reclaiming 30 year old trash pile areas left from logging 30 years ago, and ripping and grading a riding ring at my neighbour's (who is the Kioti dealer).

My previous tractor was a Kubota L275DT (I think it was a 1984 model) with a 5' loader. Over the 7 years I had it I averaged 70 hours per year. It was a great tractor. But it had a standard transmission, was quite light, and the front wheels did not turn nearly as sharply as new tractors.

I mention this because your concerns seem similar to mine when I purchased the DK35. I work in very confined, winding, and hilly areas, and "on paper" the specs said the L275DT has a shorter turning radius than the CK35, and the DK35 is wider still. But these are fairly meaningless "locked wheel" turns. The DK35 vastly out turns the L275. The DK35's wheels turn much sharper. The extra weight and R4 tires (AGs on the L275) may also help. The DK35 is far more stable on hills and the HST is much better manouvering on very narrow, steep, winding trails.

The L275DT was a great tractor but the DK with HST is far more suited for my situation. I'm sure a Kubota L3x40 series would be as good or perhaps better (it has a more sophisticated HST system) than my DK35.

I was concerned about the (theoretical) wider turning radius of the DK35 over the L275DT and the CK35. Another concern was a 5'6" bucket vs the 5' bucket. But I liked the idea of the DK35's heavier frame that is used up to the DK55 (or perhaps even DK60).

The DK35 is discontinued so the next step from a CK35 is now the DK40. That would be my choice now, given my experience with the DK35. I don't need the extra power or lift capacity. In fact one thing I like about the lower DK35's lift ability is that I can't stress the front end as much as with the DK40.

All the same, knowing what I do now, I'd opt for a DK40. One aspect I like about the DK40 is that the four cylinders run smoother than the DK35's three cylinders.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #26  
In HST, I wouldn't go lower than the 30. The 27 would be fine in a gear model. The issue of hp is really about PTO tasks. If you have a lot of mowing, or tilling, or snow blowing, etc.. I'd go with the 35. For loader/digging work, I doubt you'd notice the HP difference.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?
I think I will take a look at the dk40. Thanks for your comments.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #28  
I think I will take a look at the dk40. Thanks for your comments.

The DK 40 is Kioti's BEST tractor that they offer dollar for dollar IMO. Not saying that it's the best, just the best machine available from Kioti for each dollar spent. If the size will work for you, then it is by far more tractor dollar for dollar than the CK 35.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #29  
Isnt a dk40 up close to the price of a grand l kubota?

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #30  
MtnViewRanch said:
The DK 40 is Kioti's BEST tractor that they offer dollar for dollar IMO. Not saying that it's the best, just the best machine available from Kioti for each dollar spent. If the size will work for you, then it is by far more tractor dollar for dollar than the CK 35.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

Agree.