Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst?

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #31  
94BULLITT said:
Isnt a dk40 up close to the price of a grand l kubota?

About $5000-6000 less than equivalent HP grand L when I bought my DK40se.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #33  
I know the DK40 has outstanding loader lift. Can you realize it with the standard bucket? Sure, it's a foot wider, and that's a lot. But the CK's will lift anything that fits in their bucket and then some. Now, if we are talking forks or a muck bucket or something, then the lift capacity of the DK40 is a huge advantage. So, if the OP plans on using the standard bucket, the DK40's advantage is diminished somewhat. Of course, bigger is better.... if you have the room to use it and store it.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #34  
Gittyup said:
I know the DK40 has outstanding loader lift. Can you realize it with the standard bucket? Sure, it's a foot wider, and that's a lot. But the CK's will lift anything that fits in their bucket and then some. Now, if we are talking forks or a muck bucket or something, then the lift capacity of the DK40 is a huge advantage. So, if the OP plans on using the standard bucket, the DK40's advantage is diminished somewhat. Of course, bigger is better.... if you have the room to use it and store it.

The real benefit of the DK comes when you add a grapple or forks.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #36  
For popping out rocks or stumps I find the extra lift is good too. You're right though, a full bucket of gravel isn't using the loader to its limits at all. I think though if the OP is going to be doing alot of earth moving then the DK makes more sense over the CK just because it can use a heavier box blade.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #37  
I think if you are going to look at a DK40 you should lool at a Grand L Kubota.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #38  
94BULLITT said:
I think if you are going to look at a DK40 you should lool at a Grand L Kubota.

Yep. The Grand L is a very nice tractor. Considerably more expensive though. Grand L has a more sophisticated HST and the DK has a much stronger loader and more weight. Both excellent machines.

/ Kubota l3800hst or Kioti ck35hst? #39  
IslandTractor said:
Yep. The Grand L is a very nice tractor. Considerably more expensive though. Grand L has a more sophisticated HST and the DK has a much stronger loader and more weight. Both excellent machines.

The Dk40 will lift more than a L4240 but the has more break out force. By the time you put a loader on them they weigh about the same.