Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E

/ Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E #61  
Sorry, I missed part of your question. As far as the loader, there is no comparison. The L5740 with the LA854 loader will lift a pallet of fertilizer with ease. My John Deere loader would not even create separation between the pallet and the floor. Now, as far as comfort, again, there is no comparison and here the John Deere wins out, hands down. The air ride seat, the tightly sealed cab, great stereo and A/C (if it felt like working that day) made the Deere a very comfortable machine to operate. It was a great tractor for light duty work like mowing and spraying and light tiller work in good soil but if you asked it to pull a plow or a disc in heavy clay soil on an 85 degree day it would puke. I'm not badmouthing it, that was simply my experience.

It was a bit expensive, but with the help of 4sshorts, I added a Grammar air ride seat to my L5740 and the ride quality is great, well worth it to me. I have replaced the vinyl head rest with the cloth one.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/301405-grammar-air-ride-seat-5740-a.html?highlight=

/ Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E #62  
I agree, it's always nice to see a direct comparison from someone owning two competing units.

Two things I wouldn't mind adding to my Massey is the dual speed hydro and the linked cruise control that are featured on the Grand L tractors. Otherwise, I think the Kubota and Massey compacts are at the top of the pile (though I give the slight edge in quality to the Massey :D. )

I forgot about the MF's having a dual speed hydro. I know that other manufactures are adding some features of Kubota's HST plus. Do you feel that it Massey is more productive than the LS because of the dual speed hydro? Did you ever do a thread comparing the Massey to the LS?

/ Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E #63  
I forgot about the MF's having a dual speed hydro. I know that other manufactures are adding some features of Kubota's HST plus. Do you feel that it Massey is more productive than the LS because of the dual speed hydro? Did you ever do a thread comparing the Massey to the LS?

I think you misread that ... No dual speed on the MF, but it's something that I wouldn't mind adding.

I'm not sure if I ever did a dedicated thread comparing the two, but I'm sure I mentioned comparisons in numerous threads.

/ Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E #64  
I think you misread that ... No dual speed on the MF, but it's something that I wouldn't mind adding.

I'm not sure if I ever did a dedicated thread comparing the two, but I'm sure I mentioned comparisons in numerous threads.

I need to learn to read:laughing::ashamed:

/ Kubota M6060 vs. L6060 vs. NH T 4.75 vs. JD 5075E #65  
I am considering replacing my 2012 JD 4720 Cab machine with a stronger, heftier tractor. I'm pulling my grain drill more and more and the JD is at the upper limit of it's capabilities with that equipment when on hilly terrain. I've had the opportunity to run a 2013 Kubota L5740 for almost two weeks now, as my tractor is in the shop with an A/C problem. I have to say that I have been very impressed with this tractor! Theoretically, the same class as the Deere 4720 but with so much more stability and power it's not even a close call as to which one is more comfortable in the field.

Consequently, I've been considering upgrading. I have been encouraged by a couple of dealers to consider the M Series along with the Grand L, so I have been looking at the M7040 and the M6060. My main concern with these two options is the 8X8 transmission. I do a wide variety of tasks with this tractor...mowing, spraying, spreading fertilizer, pulling a 7' disc and a 6' tiller, along with a 6' Land Pride All Purpose Seeder and of course, the 6' no-till drill. I'm questioning whether the 8X8 will give me enough different speed options for everything that I do, keeping in mind that I've become accustomed to the infinite speed choices of a hydrostatic drive system.

I suppose I'm entering a transition phase in my operations where I'm being asked to plant larger tracts of land and have also considered adding a Kuhn 98" tiller/cultipacker to my collection and I just don't think the CUT machines will be able to handle that attachment. My dilemma is the more clover I plant, the more clover I mow and spray next year. I'd like to hear opinions on how the 8X8 transmission will serve in regard to these functions since I'm pretty sure it will be fine with the heavy work.

I should also mention that I have looked at the New Holland T 4.75 and the John Deere 5075E. I love the NH Powerstar but the extra weight of that tractor is something of a concern because I do so much transporting to and from job sites that can be hundreds of miles apart. To be perfectly honest, I'm a little soured on Deere at the moment and not very confident in the their capabilities or quality in the CUT or Utility lines. Finding a balance of power, strength, mobility and versatility is a challenge. I could use some advice!

When I was looking for a bigger tractor with cab to replace my Kubota L4400HST, I tested a lightly used M6060 and an M7040 and liked them, but both had the 8 x 8 and when the owner leveled with me, he said he didn't like the 8 x8.....thats when I found a Kioti RX6010C wisth 12 x12 with 200 hours. Bought it and have had a couple problems, which I've been maligned for on this forum (I'm a TROLL now). Broken clutch cable shutting me down a week is the biggest issue, but otherwise I'm getting by. I still own an L3400HST and I miss the hydro when I jump on the bigger rig.