Kubota or Kioti???

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota or Kioti??? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Of course the Kioti dealer says there is no comparison to the Kubota but thats why he sells Kioti and not Kubota. )</font>

There is a saying among dealers that goes

"There are two kinds of dealers, those who are Kubota dealers and those who wish they where"

Which is very true, its very difficult to get Kubota dealership contracts now. There was just one that became available about two hours from me and there were over 10 people who asked for it within a matter of days.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #12  
My first choice for a tractor was Kubota. I tried and I tried to buy one. Out of my price range. Great tractor though. I then found out about Kioti. I checked prices and found that not only was the tractor in my price range, but I could get additional horsepower and to me the all important weight advantage. Plus there was money left over for 2 attachments. I had concerns with my dealer, but all manufactures have "bad" dealers. The Kioti I bought will hold up right beside the Kubota in my opinion. Granted it is a chance buying the Kioti over the Kubota, but I feel satisfied with my choice. After using mine for the short time that I have owned it, I don't think if they were the same price that I would buy the Kubota. I really like the Kioti tractor. The Kubota engine is well respected, but I feel the Kioti engine is just as smooth and plenty of power. As far as durability? Only time will tell. I first bought the Kioti for the price and features, but now I would keep it because I like it better. I have no reason to trade it in any time soon. I really like this tractor!! You will like any of the two manufactures or any of the other well made tractors out there as well. Find the one you want and buy it. Don't worry what is it going to be worth a year from now. What is it worth to you now and years down the road? That is what really matters. Does it do what you need it to do? Mine does. Very well as of right now!
Donny

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #13  
I will post my 2 cents here since I just went with through the whole used vs. new buying expereince and I tried out the Kioti, Kubota, Deere, Cub Cadet, Case/IH and New Holland.

First things first, you have to compare apples to apples. I was looking for wither a sub-CUT or CUT. When it comes to the size class the models I compared were the the Kioti CK20HST, Kubota BX2230, JD 2210, The CUb 5234, and Case/NH DX24Z (I think that is the right model number...both the Case and NH are the same machine, different color)

What I needed was a tractor with about 22HP, diesel, MMM and FEL. In regards to price, only the Cub and the Kubota were close. My price for a BX2230 w/FEL, 60"MMM and turf was $12,667. The Cub was $12,800. The JD w/ only the FEL was $12,995, the Case/NH were both $13,900 w/ the FEL and MMM.

Now, since the whole point is to discuss the Kioti, here is what I found. There was a dealer really close to me, about 10 miles, but he was selling the CK20HST for $14,900 w/FEL and he wouldn't go lower...I met him in person. I called another dealer and he quoted me over the phone $13,500 w/ FEL only. Both dealers told me the MMM stinks for the Kioti, and that has been backed-up on TBN's boards.

My decision came down to price and the 0% financing. I couldn't see spending more for the Case/NH, Deere and Kioti. All were equal to one another in size, and slightly bigger than the BX, but not by much. They do look more like bigger tractors, but I didn't care. Kubota is a househld name and a lot of peope want Kubota orange plain and simple. I liked the BX's manueverability much better than the others. I also chose it over the Cub due to their history, dealer support and the lack of Cub's in the market.

You will find that any quality, non-chinese or grey market tractor will really holds its value. I was looking at 5 year old BX2200's with 500 hours at no less than $10k...and that is w/o a mower deck. It's simple supply and demand..sub-CUT's and CUT's are becoming more popular, but the overall used invetory is low. Therefore, prices will remain high for older models. However, the used market will expand, especially w/ the 0% price incentives.

Don't know if this helps. The best thing to do is visit all of your local tractor dealers regardless of brand, drive 'em and start asking pricing questions. My dealer knew I was serious and I got a great price. Good luck!

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #14  
For me Kioti does not have a tractor in the HP range that I'm looking for with HST. For what I need to do I'd like a HST in the mid 30's to 40. Kioti does not have a tractor that fits that discription - I'm sure they make a first rate tractor but they don't make one that's in the 31HP+ anything range with HST.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #15  
I don't know 'bout you good ole boys down there, but up here in the great white north I chose my Kioti hands down over Kubota & Dear John (pun intended). The Kubota dealer up here was a real knob to deal with. They had an older machine with loader & hoe & 1900 hours on it & rotted out with salt for $26,000 Can. I bought my Kioti brand new with a 5 year warranty with loader & hoe for the same money. The Dear John's backhoe was a mortal pain(7 hours to install & the same to remove). The Kioti is 5 minutes to change out. The dealer treats me very well, no complaints at all. My LB1914 is as tough as they come & I got the hole in the backyard to prove it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did any of you look at a Kioti?? I am considering a BX 23 or a B7510 then I saw Kioti, did you go have the same problem trying to decide or was the choice obvious? Which Kioti is close in comparison to the BX 23 or B7510? )</font>
I had looked at most majors, gray markets and other used tractors for a year before I ever even saw a Kioti. I had pretty much thought that I'd end up with Kubota. Then one day a man showed me his used Kioti, first I'd seen, and I liked it a lot. I drove down the road, going to look at Bransons, and happened across a Kioti dealer on the side of a major road.
When the dealer showed me the CK20HST and I tried it out, and found out how much he DIDN'T want compared to the B75xx Kubota, I didn't get out of the dealership without a contract sale.
Over 300 hours later, I'm very happy with the tractor. The extra weight was just my cup of tea for being able to use the extra HP. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind if it weighed even more, but that's a personal choice.
The money that I saved over the Kubota (about $2000 in my case) went a long way to helping pay for the backhoe I ordered that day.
As to the heated discussion that has preceded me, it's the same old story. If you want to know about a brand, talk to an owner, not a non-owner. Non-owners have plenty of reasons they don't own a certain thing, but can't tell you how the thing really is because they DON'T own one.
I have to agree that some Kioti dealers don't quite get the idea that one of Kioti's main selling points is more for less, and they try to get full retail where other dealers realize that discounting to some degree will keep folks from running to the competition. Those dealers will find out the hard way. That's the case with the major brands that I saw, they just couldn't get the price down enough to compete, and comparisions between the brands made the Kioti really shine for the money.
John

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #17  
Kioti is NOT less expensive than Kubota (new) in all locations.

As Dargo said earlier and KiotiJohn said, "I have to agree that some Kioti dealers don't quite get the idea that one of Kioti's main selling points is more for less, and they try to get full retail where other dealers realize that discounting to some degree will keep folks from running to the competition. Those dealers will find out the hard way. "

I purchased an L3400DT Kubota (34.7 hp) for nearly $2000 (Cdn) less than the Kioti CK30 with gears and shuttle -- 0% financing too!! (This, too, after weeks of negotiating...I really wanted to get the Kioti for less $$$ after all I had read here).

Dealers vary -- go for the most hp for the $$ and whatever seems to 'fit' best when you drive it.

I can't say enough good things about my L3400!

Shawn

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #18  
Nice post Shawn. I like to see that you realize that I am not a "Kioti basher", but went with the best choice financial choice for me in my location.. Unfortunately, some people think I am "slamming" Kioti for this decision. Truthfully, I guess I am slamming my Kioti dealer; not Kioti. I, too, expected a better price.

Speaking of slamming, I spoke with a Mahindra dealer (since they also have factory cab tractors) who told me that Kioti used a lot more recycled steel than they did, and to be wary of the selling point that Kioti tractors are heavier; a lot of recycled steel. I went to Kioti's official website to report this claim and to ask for the official reply. Unfortunately, Kioti's customer support email address has been discontinued. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Besides my feeling that they need more dealers, I think it is a bad idea to drop their customer support email address.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #19  
In my case, it all came down to how I physically fit to the tractor. I'm a big guy and I searched all the brands but chinese. Price is an issue but I'm not gonna buy something that I plan on sitting in for long periods of time.

Through this forum you'll find great information, mostly good on all the brands. In my tractor requirements, I would have bought any of the brands and I have prices, brochures, loader specs and numerous posts for reference on all the tractors I searched. All that said I chose Kioti.

I just sold a Kubota which was a great machine, 8 years and not a problem. When I purchased it, I also looked at Kioti. The reason I didn't buy the Kioti was the youth of the product in USA.

First choice was a gear drive Mahindra, I sat much to far forward and the shifter location would have worn my left thigh raw. Then the Farmtrac, felt like I was in a cacoon. The Kubota's were only comfortable in the L series and price knocked them out. In the Kioti's I sat well in a CK and great in a DK.

I ordered a DK45s. Kubota never compared in price against the Kioti in my intensive search. Features on this model that also sold me were remotes, 3 pt hydraulic lever in the rear and weight.

Get a tractor that fits you! I'm now off my soap box, its anyones floor.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #20  
What's wrong with recycled steel? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif And in case you're wondering, I have no idea whether or not any of the tractor manufacturers are using it, but I know of no reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.