Kubota or Kioti???

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota or Kioti??? #21  
Bird, I personally thought it was "improper" sales tactics. The concept relayed was that recycled steel was not as good as "virgin" steel. I know when purchasing steel for structural use, recycled steel is generally not recommended. I can't say that I'm up on my metalurgy, but when I built my house, I passed on using any recycled steel in it's structure. It's an issue with auto manufacturers when talking strength and quality. I'd actually never even thought of the issue in tractors, so I thought I'd email Kioti directly to get their response. Maybe someone can get the official response from them since they no longer have customer support email. Due to the dealers, I've pretty well ruled out Mahindra and Kioti. Therefore, it's a "non-issue" to me.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #22  
<font color="red">
What's wrong with recycled steel? And in case you're wondering, I have no idea whether or not any of the tractor manufacturers are using it, but I know of no reason not to. </font>

Bird, go spend some time on the welding forums. Welders know steel better than I would ever care to know it. But they can tell the quality of the steel and the strength of the steel from how it breaks and how it welds. The good guys can tell you the country of origin based on the look of the break! Lets just say that they are not very complimentary of some of the nations that produce steel, especially some nations that are heavy recyclers of steel. In many cases quality of steel is replaced with mass. Mass is increased to compensate for reduced strength of lower quality raw material. There is a tractor mechanic at my church, he works at a dealership that sell one brand that he says he would never buy based on his observation of the units quality (or lack there of).

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #23  
Knowing next to nothing about steel, I just assumed that "recycled" steel would be made to different specifications, strengths, hardness, flexibility, temper, etc. just as virgin steel is, and of course, that may not be the case.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #24  
Getting back to Chuxster's original question... Did any of you look at a Kioti?, I have to answer that I did not when I purchased my new Kubota Grand L3430 Tractor almost two years ago. The primary reason was I had never even heard of the Kioti brand anywhere else except on TBN. Around my area, Kubota dominates with at least a 50% marketshare (may even be closer to 75%), New Holland and John Deere make up the rest. The only other brand I've seen is Massey, but only in a dealer's rental fleet. I don't even know if there is a Kioti dealer in Minnesota. It probably wouldn't have mattered. My local Kubota dealer is the best. In business for almost 60 years, they would probably dominate their market with any brand, but fortunately they signed up with Kubota.

OrangeGuy

P.S. The Kioti color would have been OK. It, like the Kubotas, match my fleet of classic Allis Chalmers Tractors.

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did any of you look at a Kioti?? )</font>
Yes, I did. I took the oppurtunity to visit every tractor dealer in a 100 mile radius of my humble abode, sat on all of the major contenders and test drove many. I was shopping in the 25 hp and under class w/ mowing being the primary focus and having an FEL, HST and diesel being the other main points. I wanted to replace my TE20, GT6000 & L130 w/one unit.

I got it down to the CK20, B7510, BX2230, 2210 & 4110. I ruled out JD as I couldn't find a JD dealer I wanted to deal with.
I liked the CK20 but felt the extra weight could cause damage when finish mowing in my low lands, not to mentioned that the dealer wouldn't come down a cent, which put the CK20 over 1k higher than the B7510!.
I liked the "feel" of the B7510 best. The ergonomics seemed to fit me better. I was set to go with the B7510 until I finally climbed on and tested out the BX23, I bought it that day!
Ends up I had more use for a BH than many of the full size implements I sold along w/the TE20.
In my area, Kubota was the most price competitve of the JD's, Kioti, NH, MF, Branson & FarmPro dealers. JD was the highest. Never ran across a Mahindra and no offense to any of it's owners but probably wouldn't have considered one anyways... Same w/Zector or Greys....
After many moons of hunting for parts to keep my old machinery going, I was going to go with a "major" brand w/ the latest & greatest, tried & true and readily available machinery, technology & parts sources.

Volfandt

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #26  
All steel is recycled - it used to be ore. I would venture to say what matters is the quality of the process used to make the steel, the rest is the alloys and contaminants, etc. With an uncontrolled preocess, you can make crap out of anything.

Oh - my wife's second cousin's neighbor's son's girlfriend's dad ALSO works at a tractor dealer, and HE says that the steel used in some of those really light weight tractors is prone to rusting out, and since there are no castings holding it together......or so I've heard.

It's really easy to start unsubstantiated rumors, isn't it?

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #27  
Dargo, not that I think you're bashing the Kioti at all, but in all of this, you haven't mentioned one thing about all your troubles with Kubota, and the dealer you bought from who won't fix the problems to your satisfaction. Don't you think that if you can spend hundreds of words telling about how the Kioti dealers haven't been any good, that you good balance it with a mention of your troubles, and ultimate search for another tractor on here too?
And one other thing. </font><font color="blue" class="small">( Unfortunately, Kioti's customer support email address has been discontinued. )</font> The customer service e-mail for Kioti is right on the website under contact us. www.customer_service@kiotitractor.com

Kioti's contact page

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #28  
For anyone who thought our debate yesterday had no merrit, go read the" B7800 mmm thoughts?" post.. Talk about perfect timing... No brand or person is above humility...

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #29  
KJ, try the email link you posted, here is the actual response:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed. Invalid email address.

Customer_Service1@kiotitractor.com

Besides, when I mentioned the problems I had (sorry pal, past tense) with my Kubota, you sent me a PM telling me that I was the problem. For you, unless it is Kioti, it is crap. Everyone who reads your posts knows that. As I said, your screen name takes out any of your credibility.

Also, you made it a point in a PM to tell me to stay out of the Kioti area because I don't own a Kioti. Why are you constantly posting in the Kubota area?? You are not doing Kioti's any justice with your posts claiming that no matter what, Kioti is always the best. If that were true, we wouldn't need any other tractor manufacturers.

Why don't you spend your time getting Kioti to get their website email working rather than trying to run down Kubota tractors. I've mentioned the issues I've had. I wouldn't hide it like you do anything with Kioti. I'm not a groupie. I never have, and never will. For me, equipment has to prove it's worth and continue to do so. Even then, I look at and consider other brands. Sorry, gotta call it like I see it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sorry to hurt your feelings. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Kubota or Kioti??? #30  
Always posting to the Kubota forum? These are the first posts I've made in here in probably close to a year.
You're twisting the words of my PMs, what I said was that I don't think you'd be satisfied with any dealer.
You also posted that your dealer wouldn't fix the problems. Surprised to hear they're now in the past tense since you said they wouldn't fix it to your satisfaction.
I NEVER said for you to stay out of the Kioti forum. Twisting words again.
I don't put down Kubota at all. Copy and paste any post of mine where I did that.
Lying about what I've posted is what I've come to expect from you.
It's funny to me that you can't read my posts and see what I've written. I've recommended, in many cases, other brands of tractors, but I guess you miss those.
Kioti, as all other companies has its problems, and I've pointed out many of them over the last >4,000 posts. You read my posts the way you want to apparently.
I just sent an e-mail to the Kioti contact addy that I posted, and it hasn't come back. I've had intermittent problems like that with many websites, but send again later and they go through. To say it's been discontinued is simply incorrect.
All of this because I asked you to balance out your post with comments to a NEW person who probably hasn't seen your problems with the Kubota? Lopsided I'd say.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.