Kubota orange paint

/ Kubota orange paint #21  
I've read on some places that the Majic brand paint is not so good. Picked up 2 gallons of JD green Valspar at the local Habitat Restore so the wife can get her JD 68 grain cart painted. Also picked up some New Holland yellow and some IH white.

I bought a spray can of Majic Deere green to spray some odd bolts and was not impressed. It seemed thin and took way too long to dry. In fact, two days later and it still feels tacky. I think I'm going to re-coat the parts with factory Deere green. It seemed the Valspar was a better paint. No more majic for me. It's factory paint first and Valspar second. Just my two cents here.

/ Kubota orange paint #22  
This is about as high quality as you get in a rattle can. I really like it!
Fleet Farm has a "Van Sickle" rattle can Kubota orange that matches well. I believe they dropped the Valspar line because Valspar quit making the rattle cans.

/ Kubota orange paint #23  
Has anyone tried using the Kubota paint in a spray gun? Does it need to be thinned or a hardener added to it? I have a Herd seeder I rebuilt and since there's lots of new steel and it'll take 4 rattle cans I might as well get a quart.

The Majic paint is oil based. I think it's made with Soybeans.

/ Kubota orange paint #24  
Has anyone tried using the Kubota paint in a spray gun? Does it need to be thinned or a hardener added to it? I have a Herd seeder I rebuilt and since there's lots of new steel and it'll take 4 rattle cans I might as well get a quart.

The Majic paint is oil based. I think it's made with Soybeans.

Kubota factory spray paint in a can works excellent and is acrylic enamel. Shake thoroughly.
For the quarts I thin with acetone and that works perfect for me. I do not use hardener because I do not have external supplied air and the paint works great without hardener. Fast dry time, hard finish, etc.

/ Kubota orange paint #26  

Absolutely. Thin it down with an aromatic solvent (I used Home Depot's brand, a Xylene-like mixture) and it goes a long way. I used Harbor Freight's low-cost HVLP gun and the results were spectacular.

/ Kubota orange paint #27  

I used Harbor Freight's low-cost HVLP gun and the results were spectacular.

Excellent point to mention.
Their regular $39.99 HVLP paint gun often on sale for $25 or $29 is the best low-buck spray gun on the market. You can see it in many quality paint jobs and it is excellent for farm equip. It's been linked in this thread several times.

/ Kubota orange paint #28  
I've got a half dozen paint guns laying around. A couple of Binks, a model 7 that almost everything Chinese suction fed is copied from and a gravity fed gun, as well as several Chinese specials. It's been so long since I've used them I have no clue what size nozzles they have. I bought a quart of Kubota Orange II today and I'll thin as required with paint thinner.

/ Kubota orange paint #29  
I've got a half dozen paint guns laying around. A couple of Binks, a model 7 that almost everything Chinese suction fed is copied from and a gravity fed gun, as well as several Chinese specials. It's been so long since I've used them I have no clue what size nozzles they have. I bought a quart of Kubota Orange II today and I'll thin as required with paint thinner.

Acetone will dry faster and flash dry after a light first coat. You can apply the second and somewhat heavier second coat a few minutes later. That way you can do the two coats at the same time and save on cleanup.

/ Kubota orange paint #30  
I think Valspar discontinued their "autumn crush" color. Also, if anyone has a "Bobcat" dealer close by, they have their orange enamel which is real close to the new kubota orange color. I've sprayed this many times with good results.